Petersen's Costars Confirmed

CSI Files

Captain
One CSI trades Vegas for Dublin.<p>CSI Files previously <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/110308_01.shtml">reported</a> that <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I>'s <font color=yellow>William Petersen</font> (Gil Grissom) will be performing in the Steppenwolf production of <I>Dublin Carol</I> in Chicago later this year. The play's director, <font color=yellow>Amy Morton</font>, is currently acting on Broadway in <I>August: Osage County</I>. For <I>Dublin Carol</I>, Petersen will be joined onstage by <font color=yellow>Stephen Louis Grush</font> and <font color=yellow>Nicole Wiesner</font>.<p>Steppenwolf's description of the play states, "John, played by Petersen, a man whose life was nearly destroyed by drinking, now holds down a steady job at a Dublin undertaker's office. When his estranged daughter appears on Christmas Eve with disturbing news, it sets off a series of painful confessions that ultimately offer John a chance to escape the burden of his past."<p>The production of <I>Dublin Carol</I> will run in Steppenwolf's Upstairs Theatre from November 6 to December 21. The opening is November 16. Next summer, Petersen will perform in another play in Chicago: the Victory Garden Theater production of <I>Blackbird</I>.<p>The original article is from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.playbill.com/news/article/120544.html">Playbill</a>.<center></center>

Blackbird's a very ambitious choice, but he's more than capable. his character is so much different than Grissom and it's seems like he chose this play on purpose to get away from the Bugman. it will certainly stretch those acting muscles that he hasn't been using for almost 10 years but i feel like Dublin Carol will help him transform before he gets to Blackbird.

i wish him luck! :)

I was really excited when i saw Dublin lol. Sadly its not in Europe... You think he'll ever do a stage play in England? London - the west end. I'd love to see him on the stage.

^ that would be so great. he goes on vacation to Italy quite often where he has family and he lived a year in Spain in his early days so i wouldn't be surprised if he decided to perform in Europe. and since GB is the only place with English, it would be an obvious choice. nevertheless, it would have to be a really captivating play for him to make such a decision. and i guess it won't happen sooner than 2010. we can only hope ;)

Back