Petersen Will Return Next Season

CSI Files

Captain
Grissom isn't leaving just yet.<p>With <font color=yellow>William Petersen</font>'s (Gil Grissom) contract running out this May, rumors have circulated that the actor would be taking his cue from <font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font> (Sara Sidle), who left <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I> earlier this season. In January, Petersen <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/310108_01.shtml">said</a> the time was coming for him to leave <I>CSI</I>, but he didn't specify when that might be.<p>According to <A class="link" HREF="http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/700000049">The Ausiello Report</a>, fans won't have to worry about that day coming this year. Petersen has signed a contract to remain with <I>CSI</I> at least through the 2008-2009 season. The specific details of the contract were not revealed, but it is said to be lucrative and to provide "out" clauses for the actor.<p>One of those "out" clauses will allow Petersen to perform in <I>Dublin Carol</I> later this year, as was previously <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/110308_01.shtml">announced</a>. There is no word on who might fill in for Petersen if his character takes another sabbatical (as <font color=yellow>Liev Schreiber</font> did in season seven when Petersen <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/260706_01.shtml">performed</a> <I>Dublin Carol</I> in Rhode Island). There is also no word yet on whether Petersen's costar <font color=yellow>Marg Helgenberger</font> (Catherine Willows), whose contract also <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/160208_01.shtml">runs out</a> at the end of season eight, has signed a new deal.<p>The original article is from <A class="link" HREF="http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Ausiello-Scoop-William/800036581">The Ausiello Report</a>.<center></center>

About time the will he or won't he question was answered. Glad to see he's sticking with what he loves and got his time off factored in. Can't wait to see who they get to fill in this time. :)

This is such stupendous news,
nogriss.png
especially for Billy fans, what an honor that he's decided to stay on. He has an overwhelming powerful presence, that's un-matched, his acting, his charm his mannerisim's, he has an *aura* that pulls one in and is mesmorizing..and his drop dead gorgeous looks! one of a kind. And as far as the $$$ I think not, he already makes $500,000 per ep. maybe he just wants to stay:thumbsup: We were all biting our nails, wondering if this was it, his comments, his home in Chicago, his play, and his wife and the buzz of a new baby. So, the little red flags seemed to be there for his exit:( so what wonderful news:p here's another tid-bit from VARIETY about this!
drinks.gif

VARIETY ARTICLE

i am sure it helped that he got a whole lotta money :lol:
Dang I thought that was Marg's line lol. I'm not sure if I'm happy that he's staying, but at least it helps keep some viewers. Although I know I'd be even more annoyed if he starts complaining about working on the show again. :thumbsup:

LOL @ the "ex-leading lady" bit. :D

i am sure it helped that he got a whole lotta money :lol:
Dang I thought that was Marg's line lol. I'm not sure if I'm happy that he's staying, but at least it helps keep some viewers. Although I know I'd be even more annoyed if he starts complaining about working on the show again. :thumbsup:

LOL @ the "ex-leading lady" bit. :D

I agree about the money and about the 'complaining'. Maybe he should stop doing interviews. He has said he was preparing for his exit, but here we are. And it's easy to say that it's not about money when you have so much. It sounds like he can pretty much write his own ticket. Wish they had done the same for JF. I also doubt that the writers got such a good deal. Sorry, my cynicism is showing. It will be interesting to see how they explain his prolonged absenses though.

I totally read this post as "Peterson Will Not Return Next Season" and I was like, "it's obviously an April Fools Day joke." :p

Well I'm happy he's staying for another season. He's not my favourite character or anything but the whole team makes the show what it is. It'd be weird without him.

It will be interesting to see how they explain his prolonged absenses though.

That's easy. Lots and lots of trips to San Francisco...:p

:bolian:Exactly, and he's quoted in the new TV Guide, "we haven't seen the last of Jorja Fox" well duh:cool: here's another article about him, and Marg even said "their frantically trying to keep him" and many can disagree with my views, but, he is the star of CSI, and the big honches don't want to lose him!!:( and beings they [TPTB ]offered him a sweet deal with *many clauses* and more moolah, he decided to stay:thumbsup:

MORE BILLY NEWS

Billy is the lead of the show, I agree with you, desertwind. Carol said that all the time, she don't want to lose him. Marg is the second lead of the show. People can said all they want. Some people think Eric is the lead of the show, but he is not the lead of the show. I'm glad he is stay.

It will be interesting to see how they explain his prolonged absenses though.

That's easy. Lots and lots of trips to San Francisco...:p

:bolian:Exactly, and he's quoted in the new TV Guide, "we haven't seen the last of Jorja Fox" well duh:cool: here's another article about him, and Marg even said "their frantically trying to keep him" and many can disagree with my views, but, he is the star of CSI, and the big honches don't want to lose him!!:( and beings they [TPTB ]offered him a sweet deal with *many clauses* and more moolah, he decided to stay:thumbsup:

MORE BILLY NEWS
Maybe one of his clauses is that they have to bring Jorja back! :lol:

Last edited:
At least if Billy has re signed, that means Marg probably will too. Those two love working together and they're so awesome onscreen.

Back