Petersen To Leave After Season Five?

CSI Files

Captain
Gil Grissom's days at the Las Vegas crime lab could be numbered.

The CSI's real-life alter ego, <font color=yellow>William Petersen</font>, reportedly "strongly hinted" to <font color=yellow>Bill Zwicker</font> at the Chicago Sun-Times that he would consider packing away his fingerprint duster for good when his five-year committment to CSI: Crime Scene Investigation expires.

"I think a couple more [seasons] will do it," Petersen told the newspaper. "This season we're dealing with his hearing loss. Maybe next we'll have him lose his sight. Then he'll fall apart altogether," the actor added, "only half-kidding", according to Zwicker.

Petersen, who also serves as a co-executive producer on CSI, reportedly has a five-year contract, which would carry through to the end of the show's fifth season in May, 2005. Earlier this season the actor's salary increased by $100,000 to between $225,000 and $250,000 a year, according to TV Guide.

But after his initial deal is up, Petersen reportedly told the Chicago Sun-Times he would like to branch out into other areas, including "the chance to get back and do plays in Chicago."

William Petersen was pivotal in getting CSI off the ground prior to the show's premiere in fall, 2000. The stage and film actor had spent years trying to find a television series that grabbed him, until <font color=yellow>Anthony Zuiker</font>, who had no previous television experience, pitched him the CSI concept. Petersen took the idea to CBS head <font color=yellow>Les Moonves</font>, and with uber-producer <font color=yellow>Jerry Bruckeimer</font> on board, the rest is television history.

Please note that this does not indicate official confirmation from Petersen that he will be leaving CSI at the end of the fifth season. This information has also not been confirmed by CBS, Alliance Atlantis or Bruckheimer Films.

The original article, which also contains comments from <font color=yellow>Marg Helgenberger</font> (Catherine Willows), can be found here at the Chicago Sun-Times.<center></center>

aww that wouldnt be good.. i mean grissom is my favorite character...i hope billy stays

That would kill the show, IMO.

Sounds more like preliminary contract renegotiations, to me.

I hope you are right, Techman. CSI would be losing a major part of its success if he left. It just wouldn't be the same without Grissom.

Posted by Kass:
I hope you are right, Techman. CSI would be losing a major part of its success if he left. It just wouldn't be the same without Grissom.
i totally agree with u 100%

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but from interviews I've read with William Petersen, it seems like the lure of more money or any kind of better contract wouldn't hold him if he was ready to move on.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :eek:
I just can't imagine CSI without Grissom. It might work, but then again I haven't seen ER since Greene left. Damn, I hope he changes his mind.

:lol: Good one.. Billy..Billy..Billy, you changeable guy, and doesn't everyone have the right to switch gears, and change their minds? about everything, maybe he saw this was more fun & interesting and he liked it better, after his play in Nov/Dec. cause here we are going into S/8, and he's still with us [oh, and now he makes $500,000 per ep] highest paid actor on Prime Time TV. source TV Guide ;)
nogriss.png
And a footnote, I read this on the WPAP, and BTW the whole cast are in awe of him, anyway, it was from Marg, she said "one day you think you know Billy, and the next day you realize, you dont" so he's an enigma hard to understand, mysterious!

Yeah, but now they are pulling the same gag (?) about Jorja possibly leaving. It's getting old. Who's turn is next... Paul? George? Gary?

Back