Petersen: It'll Be Very Hard

CSI Files

Captain
The curtain will come down soon.<p><font color=yellow>William Petersen</font> (Gil Grissom) is scheduled to make his exit from <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I> after the tenth episode of the upcoming ninth season. "The hard part is saying goodbye to the cast and crew and writers," Petersen told <A class="link" HREF="http://www.tvguide.com/">TV Guide</a>. "It's the people you've been with for nine seasons. It'll be very hard not going in the morning into one of those rooms and seeing them." <font color=yellow>Marg Helgenberger</font> (Catherine Willows) said she tries not to think about Grissom's final scene. "That's what everyone is feeling right now," she said. "We've had a lot of changes in the show these past years, and this is a big one. Everyone feels on unsteady ground right now."<p>Grissom's departure from <I>CSI</I> won't be abrupt. "We've been mapping out my last 10 episodes that will take Grissom from one place to another," Petersen explained. "There will be no brain tumor for four episodes. That's the easy way out. We're trying to paint it as we have done with <font color=yellow>Jorja</font> [<font color=yellow>Fox</font> (Sara Sidle)] and <font color=yellow>Gary</font> [<font color=yellow>Dourdan</font> (Warrick Brown)]. We're trying to make it as real and close to reality as the show has been all along."<p>"I'm going to come back and see the guys on set doing episodes I'm not in," Petersen said. "And I'm staying on as a producer. The show is important to me, and I'm not abandoning it. I'm coming back on some level. I just don't know what yet." One thing that kept Petersen on the show for so long was the fan base. "They've been fabulous, stuck with us every year," he explained. "But at the same time, I knew I needed to go do something. I don't want to get to the point where I don't feel creative anymore just because it's comfortable and fun to hang out with your friends."<p><font color=yellow>Laurence Fishburne</font> will be joining the cast in Grissom's place. "The writers are trying to wrap their minds around Billy having a graceful exit," Helgenberger explained, "but also creating a graceful entrance for Laurence." Grissom leaving will "open windows" according to Petersen. "Laurence will come in," he said. "Catherine could change her position. It will be interesting and different."<p>"The fact that we've done this for nine seasons and still like each other, and still want to work with each other, is an amazing thing," Petersen said of working with Helgenberger. The actress got emotional talking about Petersen leaving the show. "I've been very blessed these past eight and a half years not only to have shared in the success of <I>CSI</I>," she explained, "but to have worked with a man who is an actor's actor minus the pretension, an executive producer minus the superiority, and a stud minus the bulls---. I love Billy...he's the bomb! I know that we will work together again, and not just as Grissom and Catherine."<p>The original interview can be found in its entirety in the October 6 issue of <A class="link" HREF="http://www.tvguide.com/">TV Guide</a>.<center></center>

It's going to be weird watching Vegas without Grissom around the crime lab anymore. It's truly the end of an era in LV.

It's going to be weird watching Vegas without Grissom around the crime lab anymore. It's truly the end of an era in LV.

Well put the 'end of an era':( I can't imagine CSI without him
nogriss.png

I like this interview !

My favourite part: ;)

Marg Helgenbeger : [...] I know that a part of me is in denial about Billy leaving. I'am crying! I didn't realize how much I've been avoiding facing the reality of CSI without him. And even though we haven't been having as many scenes together as we used to do, he's under my skin. I've been very blessed this past eight and a half years not only to have shared in the success of CSI, but to have worked with a man who is an actor's actor minus the pretention, an executive producer minus the superiority and a stud minus the bulls. I love Billy...He's the bomb! I know we will work together again, and not just as Grissom and Catherine [...]

It's very nice of her, and it sweet to see how close and friendly they are.

Back