Petersen Guest-Stars On 'Blue', May Not Return To 'CSI'

CSI Files

Captain
Former CSI: Crime Scene Investigation leading man William Petersen (Gil Grissom) will appear in an episode of Julia Stiles’ web series Blue (YouTube), which airs this Friday, March 29. The actor spoke to Entertainment Weekly about the role, and he revealed that he may not return to CSI for a cameo before the crime drama [...]

More...

I'm extremely disappointed with this interview. I respect Billy's decisions to not return, and understand his reasoning, however he was particularly unsavoury towards CSI fans, and the show itself.

Talk about killing an illusion for an entire fanbase in one go. I've never been a huge fan of billy outside of CSI, however I have almost no respect. Which disappoints me.

I can fully understand why he doesn't want to come back to CSI. He made a concious choice to leave that show for a reason - no matter what the reason is - and I think it'd be awkward for anyone to have some sort of expectation that he "should" come back, even if it's just for one episode or so. After all, if he'd been a "normal" person who quit one job in an office and got another job as a teacher no one would even the slightest ever expect him to drop his teaching job repeatedly to go back to filing papers in the office. And although acting isn't the same, it is still a job. I don't particularly find William to be disrespectful or usavory towards the fans. He's no longer a part of CSI, he has no obligation towards anyone in regards to it. If he wanted to guest star then that'd be cool, but he doesn't want to and that should be fine with everyone.

And when it comes to the GSR angle and how Sara and Grissom aren't so linear anymore now that William has stated he won't return again, well, that's all on the writers and NOT on William. They made a concious choice too, to continue a relationship between a star still on the show with someone who wasn't. What they do with Grissom now is on them and not William.

^ I agree. I'm okay with him not returning for exactly those reasons; however, especially towards GSR, he adopted an attitude that I wasn't okay with. I don't know.

It all read a little vindictive towards what the series is now. I'm actually quite glad he won't be making an appearance for the remainder of the show.

I didn't get that impression at all. To me it seems like he's being very genuine. He played the character of Grissom, so it's only natural that he had his own very specific relationship with him. And he knows the character in a different way than the writers or audience does. And to him it didn't fit for Grissom and Sara to marry, which I can understand as well. As for the comment about CSI being renewed for a new season I can't do anything but agree fully. I don't really see why CSI should still be running at this point. To me it lost most of its essence when William left and now that Catherine's gone too it just seems like such a stretch to keep it running. My fear is that they'll keep feeding off of this show just to make money until it really becomes terrible and the ratings go way down and no one is able to remember the show fondly anymore. Quitting while you're ahead is sometimes a really good idea.

Petersen is NOT coming back. He didn't even know Gil was married to Sara! :eek: I'm no fan of the GSR, never was, so I don't have any problems with that. TPTB jammed that down our throats because they mistakenly believed a majority percentage of the fanbase wanted it. I think he's done; he doesn't want to come back to the past. He's moved on. I'm okay with his decision. :)

Back