Pete Wentz & Ashley Simpson-Wentz this week!

Re: Pete Wentz & Ashlee Simpson-Wentz this week!

I really could care less about the two of them, I just hope they do a decent acting job.

I really could care less about the two of them, I just hope they do a decent acting job.

Ditto. I think Ashlee will be OK. She was on 7th Heaven before her singing career started and was decent on that. It's Pete Wentz who I'm expecting to be very underwhelming, to put it nicely.

I really don't have strong feelings about either one of them....truthfully, I wish CSI:NY would cast more ACTORS and not guest star singers to pull off rolls like this.

But hey, if they do a decent job, I'm fine with it...

Same here.
I wonder what Gary Sinise really thinks about having so many guest star singers.
They don´t cast so many non-actors in the other CSI shows, or?

The only one I can really think of off the top of my head is Taylor Swift, but that wasn't really for the same reason that these people seem to be popping up on NY. Swift's just a CSI fan, but... I dunno. If they can act, sure, bring them on. If it's just to play a song... there are plenty of other ones.

Ditto. I think Ashlee will be OK. She was on 7th Heaven before her singing career started and was decent on that. It's Pete Wentz who I'm expecting to be very underwhelming, to put it nicely.

The first thing I saw Ashlee on was on 7th Heaven. Hooking her up with Simon and then she got pregnant or something. I used to love the show and then it went downhill.

Shooter Jennings and Jewel played thenselves in a CSI episode, John Mayer as himself in another, Kevin Federline played Cole Tritt in one, Roger Daltry played Mickey Dunn in another episode but has lots of acting experience.

Sean Puffy Diddy Combs was recently in two episodes of Miami.

Nelly Furtado was in one episode of New York. Will Dailey played himself in another.

I take issue with stunt casting. For the most part it detracts from the drama when some talentless celeb is getting camera time. It's one thing when it's a cameo from a credible actor, but these musicians and socialites with some pop culture status just show up to try their hand at acting. -- I think that's what gives TV a rep as being "lower end" than the silver screen. -- Meanwhile, it shakes the viewer out of the diegesis. Breaking the fourth wall so to speak, and not in a clever or meaningful way.

I wish they'd spend their budget on better things like guest writers/directors or even special effects and special location shooting.

Last edited:

The first thing I saw Ashlee on was on 7th Heaven. Hooking her up with Simon and then she got pregnant or something. I used to love the show and then it went downhill.

I totally forgot she'd been on that show! I guess she has some acting background at least. I never watched the show, though, so I don't know how good or not she was on the show.

It almost seems like anyone who's anyone has guest stared on some version of CSI (whether before they were "big" or after they have dropped off the radar, or just because they are "big" at the moment). I'm OK with it; it draws in viewers (or so is the plan, I assume). However, I'm not a big fan of Ashlee and Pete; her voice makes me cringe and him- meh.

I totally forgot she'd been on that show! I guess she has some acting background at least. I never watched the show, though, so I don't know how good or not she was on the show.

I thought she did a decent job. Not as good as Melina or Gary, but good enough. Certain times, it seemed like she was reading like a robot, but other times, the character was believable.

Of course, this is only my opinion. Others may have different opinions.

They weren't really in it all that much, it was just hyped up to get the viewers in I think.

They really weren't even really part of the episode. Anybody could have played either of the characters, I don't see what was so special about them that they needed Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz for....she did a decent job, he sounded kind of flat....

^ I hate to think what they were paid to appear in this episode. *sigh* Like cSiNyFrEaK30 said, they were completely inconsequential to the plot and not exactly budding thespians.

Back