People Choose 'House' Over 'CSI'

CSI Files

Captain
CSI Files previously reported that CSI: Crime Scene Investigation was nominated for a People’s Choice Award in the “Favorite TV Drama” category this year. The ceremony aired on Wednesday, January 6, and Fox medical drama House beat out the competition to win the award. House star Hugh Laurie also took home an award for “Favorite [...]

More...

CSI Files previously reported that CSI: Crime Scene Investigation was nominated for a People’s Choice Award in the “Favorite TV Drama” category this year. The ceremony aired on Wednesday, January 6, and Fox medical drama House beat out the competition to win the award. House star Hugh Laurie also took home an award for “Favorite [...]

More...
As I probably stated last year in one of my previous posts, no wonder how House won this "competition". This, absolutely, doesn't come as a shock to me.

Probably I'm a little bit cyinc...well I guess I should omit the word "probably" **shrugs**, but I feel the whole CSI:Franchise is getting a little bit too old to viewers...not to mention that people on the franchise keep a very low profile and it, certainly, doesn't get the same promotion House has been getting in the last years all over the world.

Don't really think that the People's Choice Awards are all that much better than any other awards show at this point. It wasn't half over and I was sound asleep! :thumbsup:

I knew House had won within the first 15 minutes of the show (they were sitting front and center!). Except for NCIS: LA they were the only cast from a TV Drama that was there. In the People's Choice Awards usually only the winners are there because they're notified early that they've won.

It didn't surprise me that CSI didn't win. I wasn't expecting them to. It did surprise me that NCIS didn't win.

Florry86, CBS has never promoted CSI like other stations promote their shows. It kinda makes you feel that that's why Dustin Lee Abraham was posting all those pics on twitter early on in the season. He was trying to do what the network wasn't.

Susan

Florry86, CBS has never promoted CSI like other stations promote their shows. It kinda makes you feel that that's why Dustin Lee Abraham was posting all those pics on twitter early on in the season. He was trying to do what the network wasn't.

Susan
Yep, that's what I meant with my post. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any good promotion from CBS for their own shows while there's a lot of promotion for all the other networks....that's just a shame! I really wish there was a turnover in the whole network.

And that is also why I'm not surprised that NCIS didn't win either. It doesn't surprise me, at all...unfortunately :rolleyes:

I like 'House', but I'm surprised it won. It has been almost painful to watch this season. The show is like watching the proverbial train wreck; you just can't help it. How much of an a** can someone be, and still be likable?
But I am glad Hugh Laurie won; he deserved it.

Can't a person vote more than once in these awards? That in itself diminishes any credibility. And most of the mass of viewers don't go online.
The best drama or comedy award should have just gone to the one rated the highest, which is NCIS. But it will always go to the younger slanting shows, since the younger audience spends more time online.

Like blackflag said, these awards mean nothing.

I'm not surprised CSI is not being promoted by their network. It's sad, really. The show brought a lot to the network.

I'm not a huge fan of House, personally. For me, a show like Glee should have been included. It's an awesome!

Back