Original CSI Opening Theme?

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Lady Kakata INACTIVE, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Lady Kakata INACTIVE

Lady Kakata INACTIVE Civilian

I don't know if this has been brought up before but I want to ask all you fine CSI fans about this;

Does anyone have an MP3 of the original CSI theme? Not the 'Who are you' one, the rock-opera one that appeared in the first few series. I'm desperate to have this for a ringtone but can't lay my hands on an Mp3 for love nor money >_<

2. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

thats the theme to the European season 1 DVD i'm guessing?

Dunno where you can get it, but it's by a composer called John M Keane

3. Lady Kakata INACTIVE

Well, certainly the American fans I speak to seem to be bemused when I describe the theme ... I'll find out if I can get a hold of theme from the composer

4. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

they are rightly bemused - cos it was never used in the US :cool:

It's only on season 1 dvd in Europe, cos there was a problem with the rights of The Who's song. On the credits, it still lists Pete Townsend as the composer of the theme, even though it's not used on the DVD.

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay this is for ringtones, therefore I am going to send this to Merchandise, the mod there may be able to direct you further if they know more. ;)

6. Lady Kakata INACTIVE

Sorry for placing it in the wrong place XD

I really can't seem to find this anywhere, the only thing I can really do is either record it via phone (for some reason the Razr has a terrible recorder) or find some sort of software that will allow me to rip the audio. Has anyone else done this?

I much preferred the rockopera opening theme, it was far more dramatic but no doubt a lot of people will disagree with me XD

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'm not sure if that version will be available as a ringtone, I would guess not, especially if it was written by John M Keane as suggested (I've always wondered who wrote it, because I was confused when the credits showed it as The Who when it clearly didn't seem to be the same song :lol:).

Also, whilst I'm sure that there is software available to do it, I don't think that it is legal to rip audio from a DVD to reuse it in this way.

If you're looking for the song then you might want to have a look back through the old threads in the CSI Music forum to see if anyone else has found it.

8. aconnell

aconnell Dead on Arrival

9. lunalupi

lunalupi Victim

I have a program here that can record the audio for you and I think it will be okay if you only want it for a ringtone. :)

I can do it after work today, do you have a lot of space on your phone or would you like me to make it a small filesize?

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Sorry, we can't allow audio file sharing to be discussed on the board.

11. lunalupi

lunalupi Victim

My mistake, sorry! Filed away for future reference ;)