Only Hope

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by beautifuldisaster, Jan 2, 2009.

1. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

Hey, I'm new at this whole writing stories thing so I'll probably need some help! I have a few things in mind! But I know I'll need the help! This is an EDeN story!!! Hope Yall Enjoy!!!!!

Chapter 1

Eric hurried through the airport with his new born son, Brayden, in his arms, and his back-pack with all his belongings was on his back. He was desperately trying to find his plane, which he was supposed to be boarding now. Brayden gave a little whimper as he was being jerked around by Eric’s fast, heavy springing footsteps. Eric slowed down a little and gently kissed his sons little, almost bald (except for a few brown hairs) forehead.

"I love you." He whispered as he continued to hurry through the airport.

Soon he spotted the boarding gate, and gave the lady standing there his ticket. She checked it, and before he knew it, he was in his seat and Brayden was sitting next to him nibbling on his seat belt.

"Brayden, don’t eat the seatbelt." He groaned as he gently removed it from his mouth.

Brayden looked up at him, with his deep brown eyes, and Eric thought about how much he looked like his mother, Natalia. He was so adorable he had gorgeous brown eyes, soft brown hair, chubby pink cheeks, and a button nose. He also had this unbelievable sense of humor at such a young age, which amazed Eric beyond life itself. Suddenly he felt his eyes get hot and prickly at the thought of Natalia. He couldn’t believe that she had left him and Brayden for another man. How could she? They were supposed to raise Brayden together, as a family.

Earlier that day, Eric had come home to Natalia’s mothers house (which was where they were living at the time) and he was shocked to see her sitting on the couch, in the lounge room with all his belongings in a bag.

"Am I g-going somewhere?" He had asked feeling slightly confused.

"Unfortunately, you are." She replied pushing the bag into his arms.

"You have to leave Eric."

"What?" He said as he stumbled backwards from where she had pushed the bags into his arms.

"She’s not in love with you." She replied as she burst out into tears.

"What are you talking about!" Eric asked as he sat down beside her putting his arm around her in a comforting manor.

"Natalia, she doesn’t l-love you." She sobbed into her hands.

"What?! Of course she loves me, and she loves Brayden. We’re a family."

"She doesn’t love you Eric. She’s left California to live with her new boyfriend in New York." She replied in squeaky scared voice.

"She left! When did she leave?"

"L-Last night."

"What about Brayden? How am I ever going to see him?" Eric asked feeling his face getting hotter and hotter with rage.

"Natalia left him here."

"She didn’t take Brayden?" He said raising an eyebrow.

"She told me she doesn’t want a family with you."

"Let me guess, she wants a family with her new boy-friend? This is GREAT!....... Sure, I mean we’re both young, but we both agreed we could make this work. For Brayden’s sake." He yelled angrily.

"Please don’t yell." She cried.

He took a deep calming breath, and he heard a little whimper come from Brayden’s room.

"I have to leave." He said as he stood up from the couch and walked hastily into Brayden’s bedroom. She stood up, and followed him.

"I’ve booked you a ticket to go to Miami to live with your mom." She said as she began to pack a baby bag with diapers and bottles.

"Already?" Eric asked suspiciously as he picked up Brayden out of his crib, and held him close to his chest.

She stopped packing and looked up at him nervously.

"Uh, yeah, I was thinking ahead."

"Yeah, right." He replied suddenly feeling very insecure.

There was an awkward silence as she began to pack the last few things in the bag. She handed it to Eric.

"Here you go." She said almost sounding relived and happy.

"Your plane leaves in an hour. You better get going." As she walked to the door and opened it.

Eric’s thoughts were interrupted by his sons cheerful cry.

"Bah Bah!" Brayden squealed as the plane slowly began to drive down the runway.

He pointed out the window excitedly and drool began to dribble down his chin, out of his open mouth.

"Yeah, were moving." Eric smiled at his sons excitement. He then leaned over and gently patted down Brayden’s brown hairs that were sticking straight up.

"This is your pilot speaking; please turn off all cell phones and electronic equipment. Fasten your seatbelts, and we hope you have a pleasant trip with American Airlines."

Eric took a deep breath as he wondered what the future would bring. What was he supposed to do with Brayden? He needed a mother, everyone needs a mother. What was he supposed to do about Natalia? Should he contact her? Or does she have no right to even have a part in Brayden’s life at all?

Please let me know what ya'll think!!!!!! More to come so let me know what yall think!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Good start.

I'm guessing this is an alternate reality (so to speak) where Eric hasn't ever been to/worked in Miami. Hmm... very interesting.

Just a little bit of advice though: you might want to put quotations around what the characters are saying, that way it doesn't run together with the rest of the paragraph/sentence. Some readers might be confused by that.

But, you definitely have me intrigued and I look forward to the next chapter. :) You captured Eric's confusion about the situation very well. I can just see his brow furrowing and having that "what the heck is going on?" look on his face. The poor guy never saw this coming. Brayden sounds adorable. :D

3. beautifuldisaster

Ok thanks! Well I'm jumping ahead 6 yrs cause I really wanna get the story moving! So Eric has a job now, of course is a CSI, and is not living with his mom, Brayden is 6, and Eric has a girlfriend! So here's chapter 2!!! Hope ya'll enjoy! P.S. I promise EDeN is coming up soon!!!!!

Chapter 2

Eric opened the front door to his and his girlfriend Carries house.

"Carrie, I'm home baby!" He yelled as he gently shut the door.

Carrie walked out of the kitchen, wiping her hands on the green apron she was wearing. Carrie was a tall skinny lady, about 5'7 with brown hair. Her eyes were a very light shade of brown, and her skin was fair.

"Hey Eric!" She said happily as she threw her arms around him.

"How was work?"

"It was great! Where's Brayden?" He asked as he let go of her and gave her a tiny kiss on her forehead.

"He's upstairs, hes been up there since he got home from school." She replied.

"Do you know what he's doing?"

"Nope, he wouldn't let me see. Oh and guess what? I'm making enchilada's for dinner!"

"You mean, you're cooking without burning the house down?" He smiled cheekily.

"Hey!" She laughed as she playfully punched his arm.

"You're so sexy when you're mad." He said as he pulled her into a deep passionate kiss.

"Excuse me." Carrie said as she pulled away from him.

"You don't just grab me and treat me like a popsicle!" She grinned pretending not to enjoy it.

"I know you love it." He smiled flirtatiously.

"I better go make dinner." She replied as she turned around, out of his grip, and walked back towards the kitchen.

"Playing hard to get?" He called after her.

"You already got me Delko." She said as she started making dinner.

Eric smiled at himself, and put his car keys down on the little table next to the door, and then he made his way up the stairs to see what Brayden was up to.

"Knock, knock, you in here?" He asked as he opened Braydens bedroom door, and saw a little brown-haired boy sitting at his desk.

"Daddy, daddy! Come here!" Brayden said excitedly, as he scribbled something on a piece of paper.

"What's up Brayden, how was school?" He asked as he sat on the edge of his car-shaped bed.

"I wrote a poem daddy!" He replied happily.

"Oh really? Can you read it to me?" Eric asked feeling intrigued.

"Yes Sir!" He replied as he hopped off his chair and stood in front of Eric, and held the piece of paper up to his nose and began to read it out aloud.

"I lay here in the night air
    Looking up at each bright star
    And wonder what you're doing,
    Where you've been
    Or who you are.
    You left my side a while ago,
    But I still won't let you go.
    I'm sad and lonely without you,
    But I try and not let it show.
    Because I don't want daddy to be mad
    I don't want him to know
    How you've hurt me so
    I always lay here thinking of you
    As I drift off to sleep,
    You might be gone for now
    But our memories I'll always keep."

Brayden said softly as he looked up at Eric and saw that he looked upset.

"Daddy, did I make you sad?"

"Brayden that was a beautiful poem." Eric said as a warm tear slowly rolled down his cheek.

"Daddy, I dont want to make you sad." He said as he looked down at his feet guiltily.

"You didn't make me sad sweetie." He replied as he opened his arms up and Brayden climbed into them. "

I love you so much." He whispered as he hugged his little body tightly.

"I wrote that poem for mommy, did you know?" Brayden asked after a few moments of snuggling.

"Yes, I thought you did." He smiled as he tightened his arms around him.

"I mean my REAL mommy."

"I know." Eric replied. "

You really miss her don't you?" He then asked sympathetically.

"Yeah, I really, really want to see her." Brayden sighed.

"It might sound crazy, but I think she still thinks of me, or maybe even LOVES me!" As his eyes got really big.

"I bet she does..who wouldn't love you?" Eric asked as he gently tickled Braydens stomach, and he began to giggle and then laugh hysterically.

You're ticklish in the exact same spot Natalia used to be. He thought to himself as he watched Braydens nose crinkle up with laughter, just like Natalia used to do.

I was in a poetic mood. Kinda a pointless chapter, I'm just trying to bring out how much Brayden loves Natalia.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  4. GregNickRyanFan

Aww, that was a very good poem for a six year old. :)

Nice chapter.

I have a question. How old was Brayden when Natalia left them?

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Hmmmmmmm!! Interesting.
    This is really good, I'm looking forward to where Natalia comes back though, me-no-likey this Carrie chick :lol:
    I'm guessing she DOES come back...she'd better come back, hell she'd better have been abducted the entire time!
    Kidding, Im loving it - great job so far :thumbsup:

6. GregNickRyanFan

Oh, duh. I missed that somehow. Thanks, MJ. :lol:

7. beautifuldisaster

Ok, so here's the next chapter!!! Hope ya'll enjoy!!!! I sware EDeN is comin soon!!!!!!

Chapter 3

Eric and Carrie were talking in their kitchen of their Miami home and as Carrie rambled on about God knows what, Eric found himself thinking about Natalia.

"I wonder what she's doing right now?... Probably sleeping with every man she lays her eyes on. I wonder if she ever thinks of me. Yeah right Delko! I bet she's forgotten about you. I bet she's forgotten about Brayden as well. I wonder if she kept that ring I gave her, or all of those..."

"Are you even listening to me?" Carrie asked frustrated as she smacked his head gently."

What?" He replied coming out of his deep thought.

"God Eric! You never even listen to me!" She groaned.

"Sorry hun, I've just got a lot on my mind."

"You mean you've got more important things to think about then me?" She asked angrily.

"Oh no, no no! Don't think that sweetie!" He said lovingly as he scooted his chair closer to her, and wrapped his arms tightly around her.

"Well its just you seem like you...."

Carrie was interrupted by a loud high-pitched wail that came from the den.

"How can a tiny little pipsqueak yell so loud?" She grumbled as Eric led her into the den to see his 6-year-old son with a tear stained face.

"What's wrong Brayden?" Eric asked as he patted his sons brown hair down.

"Frasier's gone." He sobbed.

"Who's Frasier?" asked Carrie.

"It's his bear. Don't worry Brayden, I'm sure we'll find him." Eric sighed.

"What? Do you mean that horrible old moldy thing? I gave that away to charity." Carrie said plainly.

"WHAT?!" Brayden screamed horrified as his face crumpled up into tears.

"YOU KILLED MY FRASIER BEAR!!!"

"Oh, I didn't know it meant so much to you..." She began.

"I WANT MY FRASIER! YOU MURDERED HIM, YOU MURDERER!"

"Brayden, I'm so sorry sweetie, come give mommy a hug." She said softly as she knelt down and opened her arms for him.

"You're not my mommy, you FAKE MOMMY!!" He shouted as he wiped the tears away that were rolling down his cheek.

"Brayden don't you dare speak to your mother like that!" Eric hissed, as he saw the hurt in Carries face.

"DAD, stop it! She's NOT my mother!" Brayden screamed.

"She is!" As he reached into his pocket and pulled out a photograph.

Eric went numb, and he suddenly felt light headed. It was an old crumpled up photograph of Natalia.

"Where did you get that?" He demanded through his gritted teeth.

"I WANT MY MOMMY, I WANT MY MOMMY, I WANT MY MOMMY!!!" Brayden screamed as Eric snatched the photo from him.

"Where did he get that damn photo? Carrie whispered to Eric, as she gulped back her tears.

Eric could see that she was hurt beyond words and he couldnt help but feel so guilty. He looked down at Brayden, he was still screaming and jumping up and jumping up and down like a maniac.

"Josh, go to your room, we are going to have a serious talk about this." Eric said firmly over Braydens yelling.

Brayden stopped yelling and he looked up at his father.

"Good, I don't want to be here anyway! I can't wait until she leaves!" He huffed in reply as he stomped up the stairs and into his room.

As soon as his door slammed, Carrie broke out into tears. She fell back onto the couch, and she cried hysterically.

"He hates me!" She wailed.

Eric sat down next to her and wrapped his arm around her supportively.

"No he doesnt, he's just not used to the thought of a mom." He replied as he whipped the tears away from her cheek.

"Eric, I want so badly too be his mother." She said as she cried onto his shoulder.

"I know baby, and you'll make a great mommy, you just need to give him time." He reassured her. Carrie took her head off his shoulder and looked up into his brown eyes.

"What happens if he never wants me?" She said softly as her bottom lip quivered in misery.

"Baby, Brayden will love you! He hasn't had the chance to see how nice and loving you are, thats all."

"But what happens if it takes for ever? Eric, were getting married in a month, and Brayden doesnt even like me."

"Well, I love you, and he's just going to have to accept that." Eric replied as he kissed her soft cheek.

"I love you too Eric." Carrie replied after a few moments. She then snuggled up to his chest, and she felt so protected as he held her tightly.

"Baby, we better go, otherwise you might miss your plane." He said, as he sat up and pulled Carrie onto her feet.

"Oh, I really don't want to go to California Eric." She groaned.

"Carrie, you need this job, and you'll only be away for 2 weeks anyway."

"Two weeks will feel like forever. I'm going to miss you so much." She said as she picked up her suitcase that was propped up next to the couch.

Please let me know what ya'll think!!!!

8. GregNickRyanFan

Poor Brayden.

9. beautifuldisaster

Ok so here's chapter 4!!!! As I promised EDeN starts here! Hope ya'll enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 4

Natalia walked through the cereal isle, in her jeans and Miami Dolphins t-shirt. She was desperately looking for Coco-pops. When she finally did spot them she basically sprinted up to the pack because it was the last one in stock. She grabbed it and ditched it into the shopping cart, and then she glanced back down at the shopping list that Calleigh and Maxine had given her.

“Ok Nat, apricots soaked in honey. What? Why does Calleigh want them?” Natalia thought out loud to herself as she pushed her carrt towards the next isle. As she was walking she saw a little boy with brown hair that was sticking straight up. He was sitting down next to the cheese stand, crying miserably into his hands. She couldn’t help but see what was wrong with the little cutie.

“Hey, sweetie. Where’s your daddy? Natalia asked as she squatted down next to him.

"I-I don’t know. I’m wost.” He sobbed, as he looked up at her, and his beautiful brown eyes sent Natalias head spinning. She knew she had seen them before, plus he had a little button nose.

“Oh, ok, well we better go and find him.” She replied, not breaking her stare into his eyes.

“I want my daddy.” He sniffed, as he rubbed his nose to stop it from running.

“Don’t worry, we’ll find him.” She assured him.

The little boy stood up, and gently slipped his hand into Natalias hand, and held it tightly.

“He might be down the donut isle.” He said as he yanked her towards the donuts.

“Daddy? Daddy? Daaaaaaaaaaady?” He began to yell desperately.

Everyone in the store turned around and was amazed to see such a loud and annoying noise coming out of such a small person.

“Daaaaaady? Where are you?” He continued to yell.

"Uh, sweetie, maybe you could be a little quieter?” Nataliia whispered to him.

“Brayden?” Said a familiar voice.

Natalia turned around and saw a tall medium sized built man with dark brown hair and brown eyes. The little boy let go of Natalias hand and raced up and jumped up into the man’s arms.

“Brayden, where have you been?” The man laughed as he squeezed the life out of the little boy.

“I got wost. You were supposed to be holding my hand.” Brayden said as he continued to hug his dad.

“But that pretty-ful lady helped me.” He said happily as he pointed to Natalia.

The man looked at Natalia and he felt his hands go all sweaty and his stomach sank, as he recognized who she was.

"Natalia? He whispered almost breathless.

Natalia looked up at the man, and then after a moment she recognized him as well.

“E-Eric?” She asked as her jaw almost hit the ground.

There was a silence as the two stared at each other in amazement. Eric noticed how Natalia looked so much more mature, her hair looked a darker brown, and she had a few light brown and dark golden highlights in her hair. Natalia noticed how Eric’s hair was a darker brown plus he’d grown about another 4 inches.

“What are you doing here?” Eric gasped, as he placed Brayden onto the ground.

“I m-moved here last Friday.” She stuttered as she continued to stare at him.

“I can’t believe it’s you.” She said, and then she looked down and saw Brayden.

“Oh holy crap, is that Brayden?” As she pointed to the little boy that was standing by his dads side.

“Yeah.” Eric replied in a shaky voice.

“Brayden honey, you’ve grown so much! Come here sweetie!” Natalia said as she knelt down and opened her arms for a hug, tears were beginning to run down her cheek.

“Mommy?” Brayden asked feeling very confused. All the shoppers around them were staring at them by now.

“No Brayden, Carrie is your mommy.” Eric interrupted as he held Braydens shoulder back, so he couldn’t hug her.

“What?” Eric what are you talking about?” Natalia asked feeling frustrated. She stood up again and gave Eric a funny look.

“Brayden has a new mom.” Eric said, as he felt himself get angry as he remembered the past that Natalia and himself had spent together.

“A new mom? Eric, I’m his mom! I’m the one who was in 10 hours of labor with him. If you don't remember.” She replied.

“You’re my mommy?” Brayden asked.

“No, Brayden!” Eric said as he put his hand over Braydens little, yet big, mouth.

“Nat! You can’t just prance into his life and tell him that you’re his mother! Jeez, where have you been for the last 6 years?” He whispered to her in a very pissed off tone, as Brayden began to cry again.

“I AM his mom! What more can I say?” She asked.

“You’re right Nat, what more can you say?” He replied angrily.

"Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got shopping to do.” He added as he picked up Brayden and gently placed him into the shopping cart. He then turned around and started pushing the cart hastily towards the check-out.

“What? Wait! God Eric! You can’t just leave me here like this!” She hissed as she pulled him back by his elbow.

“So you can leave me, and your 3 week old son whenever you please? Yet I can’t leave a shopping centre?"

“I didn’t leave you! You have no idea what even happened!”

“I know what happened! But I’m not going to say it here, for Braydens sake. I don’t want him to know what kind of mother he has at such a young age.”

“What do you mean what kind of mother he has?” She asked, as she began feeling hurt.

“You know perfectly well what I mean!”

“Eric, you really don’t understand what happened. It’s not what you think.”

“Nat, you know what? I really don’t care anymore. I’m getting married in a month to the most wonderful women ever, and I have a great son...I don’t have time for you.” He said rudely, as he turned around and continued to push the cart towards the check-out.

“Please don’t leave me Eric.” She said as she blinked her tears back.

"I’ve never stopped loving you, and I don’t think I’m ever going to stop. I’ve been hurting over you for the last 6 years. Please don’t go."

Eric stopped walking dead in his tracks, and just stood there for a moment, with his back to her. Brayden was still sitting in the shopping cart, crying to himself.

“What did you say?" Eric asked in astonishment, but Natalia didn’t reply.

Eric then turned around and walked back towards her.

“Nat, maybe we uh, should catch up some time?”

“Yes, God yes! What about this Sunday?” She asked feeling relived. The two wearily exchanged cell numbers, and then they went back to their merry old way…

Let me know what ya'll think of it so far!!!!!! Thanks for the reviews!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah fix it! I don't ship much on Miami, only with H/C but this one is good so far. And tell us why she left!

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Oh my the angst!! :lol:
    Wow, I can't wait to find out why she left them....:(

How old were Eric & Natalia when they had Brayden?

12. beautifuldisaster

Ok so here's the next chapter!!!!! Again hope ya'll enjoy!!!!!

Chapter 5

Eric was in his bedroom, sitting on the edge of his bed, talking to Carrie over his cell phone.

“So anyway, how was your flight?” He asked.

“Oh, it was alright. I got bored, and then I started to think about you, and I got homesick.” She replied in a sad tone.

“My poor baby. We’ll only be apart for two weeks, we can survive.”

“I really hope so. How was your day?”

“Oh, it was, uh… Eric began, and then he thought whether he should tell her about him meeting Natalia earlier that day.

“It was a pretty boring day without you. I went shopping with Brayden, but that’s all.” He said sounding awfully suspicious.

“Ok? Are you sure nothing else happened?”

“Uh, well, I-I mean, I’m sure nothing happened.” He said nervously.

“You are the worst liar!” He thought to himself angrily.

"Eric, is something wrong?”

“Um, no, I’m just kind of tired.”

“It’s 9:00. You’re usually hyperactive at this time.” She laughed.

“Well, Brayden has worn me out today.” He lied.

“Oh, Brayden is a little cutie.” She giggled.

Eric was about to say something, when he heard talking in the back-ground on the other end.

“Is someone there with you?” He asked.

“Yeah, just some guy telling me to get off the phone and do my work.” She grumbled.

"I better go, I’ll talk to you later Eric.”

“Already? Ok, I’ll miss you."

“I love you.”

“I love you too baby, see you in 2 weeks.”

“Ok, Bye.” She said.

“Bye.”

Eric heard her click her phone off, and then he clicked his off as well.

::::***MEANWHILE****::::.

At Natalia, Calleigh and Maxine’s apartment.

The three girls were in their pj’s, sitting on their couch, and talking about what had happened to Natalia.

“You’re going to see Eric on Sunday? Wait, tomorrows Sunday! This totally kicks butt Nat! Maxine squealed.

“Oh my God! What did Brayden look like?” Calleigh asked as her blue eyes widened with excitement.

“Well, he’s a lot bigger and his hair still sticks straight up. But he’s still adorable. Natalia sighed.

“Sweetie, you shouldn’t be sad, you should be happy. You found them!” Calleigh said as she and Maxine wrapped their arms around Natalia supportively.

“Yeah, but what if Eric just doesn’t turn out to like me? And then he won’t let me see Brayden.” She replied.

“Eric’s going to love you!” Calleigh and Maxine said at the exact same time.

“And you know what we mean about LOVE you!” Maxine laughed.

“No ya’ll! He’s not going to LOVE me. He’s engaged to some other woman.” Natalia said quietly.

“What? He’s engaged?” Calleigh asked sympathetically.

“Yeah, It’s not a big deal. I’m not madly in love with him or anything, I just want to see my son.” She replied plainly.

But somehow Natalia couldn’t believe what she had just said. She suddenly didn’t feel sure about her feelings towards Eric.

But we will soon find out…….

Natalia was 18 and was Eric 20 when they had Brayden. P.S. Ya'll will find out the whole story why she left them in the next chapter!

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

NOOO!! She must still love him!!! :evil:

Ok, so they are both in thier early 20's now? Makes sense for them to be this wishywashy then - I hope they get it figured out. ;)

I'm glad you're pushing these chapters out so quickly 'cause I'm not very patient :p

14. GregNickRyanFan

I got the feeling that something else was going on that Natalia didn't just up and leave them like Eric was made to believe. She said he had it all wrong. Hmm... I have a few suspicions about what that could be, but on the off chance that I'm right, I'll keep it to myself. :)

Hmm... what's going on with Carrie? There was another guy with her?

Love the idea of the girls sharing an apartment. :)

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

come on, post fast!