Not as excited as I used to be

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by jimmyolsenblues, Feb 24, 2008.

1. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

I know we are getting new episodes soon. I am not as excited about the new episodes as I thought.
    I guess I was a much bigger Jorga Fox/GSR fan than I thought.
    Making Warrick an addict , I think was a huge mistake.
    He was always the rock of the group. To see him weak is more than I can bear.
    Does anyone know if they are matching Catherine up with?
    Will they have any specials coming up?
    I am just looking to light my fire back up for CSI.
    Because moving new episodes of Lost against CSI repeats.
    New Lost episodes win ever time.

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I agree after GBaGL my enthusiasm waned and I didn't enjoy the episodes that followed. But I got renewed hope in 'Bull' with the poem and now the new 'gsr retrospective' youtube video have brought me up from my despair. I am really excited about the new episodes.
    I also have gotten back into 'Lost' this season; the last episode was awesome. But ABC is moving 'Lost' to 10pm and GA back to the 9pm slot, so it won't conflict. I still would choose new CSI over new Lost, but it seems I won't have to.

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

What the writers have planned for the future episodes is more suited for the Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion thread so that other board members that do not want any secrets revealed can live in spoiler-free happiness.

As for Lost, CSI seems to have held its own against Grey's Lobotomy and Lost may have Lost some of its veiwers with its delayed and shortened seasons. But that's for the ratings thread to figure out.

There have been main cast changes on the two CSI spin-offs and they seem to have kept going. Many previous TV series, like M*A*S*H and Mission: Impossible, have had cast changes and continued for more seasons.

I'm sorry you miss Jorja. There have been hints that she will return, but probably as a guest. Meanwhile, hope you can enjoy the stories until then.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Sorry jimmy it has lost a bit of luster, after Sara left, but she's coming back.. and Warrick will be fine, I still am one of the enthusiatic fans, I'm always waiting to see what's next, did you see "Who Or What" spectatular, episode.. just hang in there, CSI rocks forever.. a fanatic speaking!

5. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

I think CSI's kind of lost it awhile before Sara left. Just an opinion. Season five I thought was amazing, but then season 6 came and it started to decline... I do miss my old CSI.

6. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

well since its a crime drama not a ship show, i am glad its back to the crime aspect of the show. IMO 'You kill me' was one of the best eppys in a long time.

7. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I'm actually looking forward to it returning to a crime show. I was just watching The season 8 opener, which I wasn't impressed with, but A La Carte was quite good.

8. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I started losing interest at the end of season 6, and it just started going downhill from there as they lost their focus from the great "forensics" show they had created. I think they had finally started back on the right track with the last few episodes in season 8 before the writer's strike - like You kill me and bull. jimmy, I'm not a fan of the current Warrick-an-addict storyline either, but it seemed they were finally getting back to concentrate on the cases and how to solve them - which is what made them great to begin with.

9. Meeka

Meeka Civilian

I agree with the original poster I find that I haven't been as interested in CSI since I heard that Sarah was leaving. I think that having Sarah around makes Grissom a more interesting and complex character. Without her, the show falls flat. I hope that they bring the character back for Grissom. Even if the actress isn't on full time, it would be nice if Grissom and Sarah can continue their relationship. I hope its true that she is coming back and that Sarah and Grissom stay a couple.

10. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I still think CSI is a good show, but I would rather see Sara back on the show, and NOT because of the horrid relationship she had with Grissom, but as a key member of the team.

I also did not care for Warrick's addiction story. The sooner that's over the better for everyone, including us CSI fans. I hated the whole pill-popping thing with him. It's been done so many times before on other shows. It just didn't fit in with this show. We already knew he was a gambling addict. Why not continue with that addiction instead of pills?

11. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I'm excited to the show back again. I can't wait to see Nick and Grissom again.

Why everybody think Warrick is the rock on the teams? He is not the rock on the teams, Nick is. Nick survived so many time. Warrick wouldn't handle the bury ground. I want Warrick to give the pills and move on from Tina. Tina wasn't good enough for Warrick, she knew he work at night and she don't give a crap about it.

12. WASSITO

WASSITO Pathologist

Anyone know when Sara's coming back? The shows's not the same without her. I was a HUGE GSR FAN.

13. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I agree with you Nick is the biggest team player that there is, if anyone is to be the next supervisor or the one with the most seniority it has to be Nick.

Nick is strong in so many ways, but also vunrable and shy.

Yeah I agree Tina knew full well about Warricks career- when you meet and marry people from that sort of job, like a firefighter, police officer, doctor, nurses, etc- you know full well its not a nine to five job.

I can't wait to see more of Nick, Greg, and the lab rats... Of course Grissom too...

The show is still hugely popular and my favourite show. Of course it has to change to keep itself in the spotlight. People come, people go, thats the nature of life itself..

Warrick himself said that he would'nt lasted being underground- but TPTB has neglected in showing us Nick's full effects of being trapped underground. It was briefly touched on, on the season opener of season 6.

14. allmaple

allmaple Judge

except if catherine is still around when and if grissom leaves ;) but i do think nick could handle the supervisor position.

last year and what we have seen of this year i have no been as excited about csi. i felt the quality of the episodes was really inconsistent. i havent seen any of last years episodes more than when they aired the first time (except fannysmackin, gotta love nick punching kfed :D) and i havent been watching the repeats during the strike. i will occaisionally turn on the older repeats on spike because they are more entertaining to watch several times.

however, i am excited for their return in april (or is it end of march? i cant remember) and partly because sara is gone. the few episoes we have already had without her were the better ones of the season, since they got the personal stuff out of the way the show can get back to what it was meant to be. and for that, i am very excited.

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

AHHH, but nothing stays the same, I loved S/7, the MCSK, riveting :eek: and such a different concept, intriguing to find out who dunnit! and I feel the opposite, the ones without Sara, were the boring ones.. opinions, aren't they great? and although these characters are fictional, on the show, we love, their not zombies or robots, and are entitled to a personal life, all DNA/forensics makes for a dull show :(