No Ordinary Family - New ABC Show

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by GregNickRyanFan, Sep 29, 2010.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Did anyone watch this one? I liked the show a lot. All of the actors are really good. However, something feels really off with the chemistry between the parents. Their acting is great, but sometimes the chemistry just isn't there. I dunno. It's hard to explain... but I do like the show.
    Why does Stephen Collins' character have to be a bad guy though?

2. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

Caught a rerun tonight. I hope they'll continue to re-air it because that's the only way I'll be able to see it :lol:
    I didn't think it was too bad. I liked how they were all discovering their powers, especially Michael Chiklis.
    I can definitely see Greg Berlanti's influence with the voiceovers and was so happy to see Dr. Abbott as their therapist :lol:
    The Obama mask wearing person having super powers too was a nice twist and I guess the back of Chiklis' head is like his Achilles heal?
    I'll give it another week to decide if I'm going to keep watching throughout the season I guess but so far I'm on board.

3. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i really liked "No Ordinary Family". i'm sucker for superhero storylines.

i started watching this for Julie Benz and she is fabulous.

i'll keep watching the show but it would be nice if it was on on like Monday or Wednesday nights instead of Tuesday at the same time NCIS is on!!!

4. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

I thought it sucked!

What a waste of talent! :(

5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I just watched the pilot today. All I really knew was that it was about a family with superpowers, so it wasn't really what I was expecting... but I really enjoyed it. I'll stick around for episode 2 :thumbsup:

6. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

I love this series! Of course I'm a sucker for shows with superheros. :lol: I can't wait for the next episode!

7. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I'm enjoying this series. The best part is following Michael Chiklis & Kay Panabaker on twitter and seeing some behind-the-scenes pics and other info. Kay tweets live during the west coast airing of the show.

8. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

:bumpity bumpity bump: It is quite upsetting when this thread falls to the second page! :eek: Is everyone looking forward to the next episode?

9. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

Another thread that has fallen off the face of the Earth. Has anyone been watching this show recently?

The promo is here. I'm really looking forward to this one! It looks really good. I wonder if the shapeshifter gets the abilities of whoever she shapeshifts into. That would be pretty cool. :p

10. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I lost track of a lot of my favorite shows over the Christmas break, and NOF has been one of the ones I haven't caught back up with yet. :confused: I've got about 6 unwatched episodes on DVR at the moment.

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I'm still watching! I'm still enjoying it, but I don't know if it would make my list of favorites just yet ;)

12. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I hadn't watched the show before last night (it's opposite NCIS, one of my favs). Once I read Lucy Lawless and Tricia Helfer (two of my favorite Cylons!) would be guesting, I had to check it out. I had high expectations given Michael Chiklis is the star. I was so disappointed. The show is so simplistic, not any kind of challenge to MC's wonderful acting skills. The storyline and dialogue were both so predictable. If the show was played as comedy, it would be humorous, but they're trying to make it more of a drama. I'm sorry, fans of the show; I rarely post at a new thread to say something negative, but I was just stunned that this is supposed to be a drama. Yes I know, there are a lot of "tongue-in-cheek" elements, but it just tries too hard to stay on the drama side. Give us more humor and it could be a keeper.

13. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

The show became repetitive very quickly, and I think all of the nation agreed. Ratings have dropped from over 10 million viewers to barely over 4. There's no way it's going to be renewed so those of you who like it, enjoy it while you can.