'New York' Wins The Hour, 'Blue Bloods' Wins The Night

CSI Files

Captain
CSI: New York debuted on its new night and time Friday, September 24 at 9:00pm ET/PT, followed by brand new lead-out series Blue Bloods. New York’s season seven premiere “The 34th Floor” won the 9:00pm hour with 10.28 million viewers and a 2.0 rating/7 share in the key 18-49 demographic prized by advertisers. This put [...]

More...

It's good for a Friday show, but I'm not cheering just yet. Hopefully NY can retain the viewers as the season wears on.

Blue Bloods was really good, though, and I'm not surprised at its ratings. To be honest, you can really see the contrast between it and CSI:NY in terms of how much filming in NYC affects the look and feel of the series. If Blue Bloods continues to do well, I hope NY benefits from being its lead-in. ;)

I thought NY was a really good episode. I think Sela Ward's presence gave it a nice shot in the arm too. Her character is very upbeat and I think I'm really gonna like her.

Blue Bloods was really good. I'm not sure I like where the storyline with Will Estes' character is going though.

Back