New Pictures in Opening Scenes-Season 7

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ladyjr8, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Did anyone notice the new pictures of the cast in the opening credits? Some are good but I was so hoping for H in white lab coat and H with gun drawn on bad guys. Also maybe Kyle? oh well...any small change can't be too bad. Did anybody like the pictures they put or disliked them?

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They were cool. I thought Evan was gonna be in opening credits. Maybe he will in second or third ep. :shrug:

3. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Personally I don't think they changed them enough. I wasn't even sure they had changed Horatio's until I watched it a 2nd time. Ryan's new pic is seriously hott though.

4. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I could hardly tell for Calleigh's. I noticed Horatio's first, then Calleigh's was sorta like "Oh I guess it was different...". Eric's wasn't much different either, Ryan's was but you could only tell his easily because it wasn't from season 3 anymore. I think they went by too fast. :S Maybe they're making room for the new ME, whenever they add her.

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well they used just one new pic for H, Calleigh, Eric & Ryan:p

Although I like the pics I don't think they fit very well w/ the song:rolleyes:, but, maybe, it's just a matter of getting used to:p

6. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I liked them all. I really liked the one with Horatio smiling.I thought it was all nice. :) I kept seeing the beginning of each and I was like, hey....they didn't change them! I bet that actor is sad....:( but the last pic was different haha

It's early, I don't know if that made sense.

7. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I didn't like them. Just looked like a way to placate the fans since we've been writing letters for the last two years to get them to change the damn thing. It didn't exactly seem like they were finished as Natalia and Tripp's are still the same thrown-in garbage. Maybe they aren't important enough.

I'm not a special effects/title creator editor or anything so I don't know how much time it takes to create and sync opening credits (although my short time as a novice movie maker has taught me that it's rather time-consuming in the first place no matter how short it is) but it seemed lazy. Nice images, same old neat effects but it lacked that 'oomph' that I'm used to with the song. Nothing flows anymore. :wtf: Maybe I'm just being nitpicky, afterall, it's just some silly opening credits but the show has evolved so much and these things don't seem to catch up fast enough.

You'd think as the show is pretty explosive in nature that the credits would soon follow suit. :p

8. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Not that I want to bring up the other shows.....but look how often LV has been changed ....and the NY one was very different as well. It seemes to me that they could have given this one a huge makeover as well.

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Let's just say they just changed a few things & they didn't synchronized them very well w/ the music....well it was bad:scream:

Horatio
    Calleigh
    Calleigh1
    Eric
    Ryan

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I didn't care for them much. It's like they threw in a new image of H,C,E, & R just to cover Alexx's absent clips, & then kept Frank & Nat's the same.:wtf:
    That was irritating, one would think that they should just fill that empty spot with extra clips of Frank & Nat since there's only one each of them, but oh no of course not. :angryrazz: on whoever's idea that was.

11. GregNickRyanFan

I'm thinking that this is a temporary opening. After episode 2, they're supposed to be adding Kyle ... and unfortunately Tara. maybe once they have to add those two in, they'll change all the pics for everyone else.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I think that they didn't change Natalia & Frank just beacuse they've been part of the cast for 2 years & not 3 up to 7 like the others;).
    I think it's just a matter of time.

Anyway I noticed that in the season premiere it was Calleigh who had the one-liner (we already knew it was going to happen), but, then, in the credits she had two new pics, do you think it means something? Like maybe she'll have a more meaningful role, she will be really the second in command like Cath from LV or Stella from NY:lol:.
    I don't know but I think it's pretty peculiar this kind of change

13. GregNickRyanFan

I thought Cal already was second in command. :lol: I didn't notice the extra pic though.

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well,actually, you're both right & wrong :lol:.
    She's supposed to be the second in command but if you compare the promo pics of the casts from Miami & LV/NY like this you'll find out that Grissom is together w/ Cath, sam thing for Mac & Stella, but you can see that Cal stays behind H like the rest of the team.
    It almost looks like H has been the only boss till now.
    That why I thought that both one-liner & credits could mean her being, actually, the second in command:lol:
    *I know I'm crazy but I'm studying this stuff*

15. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

It's not that Crazy, Flò. Every pic has its meaning, I agree with you about the fact that H has been considered the only boss till now. Anyway, Emily is considered a leading actress, CBS submitted her to the outstanding LEADING ACTRESS at the Emmy's. So they are at the same level.