Need You Now

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by ladyhunter, Dec 24, 2010.

1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

So, It's been a long time since I've posted anything here in this forum.

Here is a present for all the Catherine/Vartann shippers.

Set after their disagreement in Wild Life.

Also thanks to my short notice beta; canvanaughdevil

~~~~

Need You Now​
    Song by Lady Antebellum

Picture perfect memories scattered all around the floor
    Reachin' for the phone 'cause I can't fight it anymore
    And I wonder if I ever cross your mind
    For me it happens all the time

There were no pictures of them. No captured memories to forever look at. Just his number and his voice on the other end.

That’s all Catherine Willows had of Louis Vartann, his voice. She loved his voice.

Catherine fought herself every day trying not to pick up the phone. She gave him the ultimatum; now it was his turn to make the decision.

But she found herself clutching her phone as it were a cross reminding herself of what she had done.

“Call me when you decide….” The words she wished she could take back or at least put a disclaimer on.

She looked at the clock. 1:15 am it read. Her fingers dialed anyway despite the protest her brain was sending……Voicemail….

It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now
    Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now
    And I don't know how I can do without
    I just need you now

The bar was a blur of people coming and going but he didn’t care. His goal was to get drunk and Louis Vartann was well on his way to that goal. The unfortunate thing is that he wasn’t alone. Nick Stokes and Greg Sanders accompanied him on his journey to forget Catherine….

His plan was working after downing yet another shot of Tequila. The noises in the bar grew more garbled as his thoughts became fuzzy.

In public he’d at least have to talk about something else besides her. Having two other men with him was supposed to make that easier, but it didn’t work out that way.

Nick was so set on having Auburn win the BCS Title Game that he didn’t even register Lou’s remarks about Oregon’s offense giving them a run for their money.

Greg Sanders offered no opinion one way or the other. He was just there to be with Nick.

So the conversation Lou hoped he’d have about football was pointless.

Instead, Lou found himself craning his head around to the entrance to the bar. For some reason, he kept thinking she’d know exactly where he was…. He was so lost in that thought he didn’t hear the ringing of his phone.

“Come on big guy, let’s get you home.” Nick’s voice in his ear forced him back to reality as the CSI tapped the Detectives shoulder.

“I’m not ready yet,” the detective declared. Knowing that if he went home, that would be all he would do, think about Catherine.

Another shot of whiskey can't stop looking at the door
    Wishing you'd come sweeping in the way you did before
    And I wonder if I ever cross your mind
    For me it happens all the time

It's a quarter after one, I'm a little drunk and I need you now
    Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now
    I just need you now

It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now

“Where the hell are you?” she cursed when he didn’t answer.

She wasn’t going to cry or breakdown over a man. That’s what she told herself anyway.

He didn’t call; it was his loss, right?

I’d rather hurt than feel nothing at all….

But the tears came anyway. They streamed down her face at the thought of losing him. Losing one of the best men to ever enter her life with the stupid notion that she didn’t need to tell him everything about her.

“I don’t want to go yet,” Lou protested as Nick attempted to lead him out of the bar. “I don’t want to be alone…” Lou found himself saying out loud.

Nick and Greg had each other. He thought he and Catherine did too.

Arguments were part of any relationships that he knew. But it’s that void, that black hole, the purgatory, the ‘not sure’ part of the relationship that was killing him.

And I said I wouldn't call but I'm a little drunk and I need you now

The cool air hit his face like a ton of bricks. It sobered him up some, but not enough to make him forget the look on Catherine’s face when she walked out on their conversation. Or the look on her face when she told him about being drugged.

“I’m sorry,” he heard himself say as he looked at his phone.

ONE MISSED CALL. C.Willows. 1:15 am.

It's a quarter after one I'm all alone and I need you now

“I need you,” her voice came across the line. “I need you Lou, where are you?”

He thought he was hearing things, he though he was so drunk that he was actually hearing her talk to him. She was, just on the other end of the phone.

And I said I wouldn't call but I'm a little drunk and I need you now

“Cath-er- ine?” He slurred when he heard her on the phone.

“Lou?” Her voice came across, “where are you?”

“Some bar. Watching Stokes and Sanders fondle each other.”

“You’re drunk.”

“Maybe.”

“Please don’t take what I said about not knowing things about me as that I don’t want you or need you. Please.” Catherine voiced surprising herself by saying those things over the phone.

“I want you Lou. I want you here, with me. I need you in my life. I was just reacting to my past and I’m sorry.”

He scrunched his eye shut. He was drunk, no question. Now was the time to make amends and not to get mad. She was opening up to him on the phone he had to do something.

I just need you now

I just need you now.

Ooo, baby, I need you now

“I need you too. I’ll be right over…..”

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I replied to this on ffnet, but I'll reply here too. I love this fic. The song is perfect. I love that Vartann is hanging out with Nick and Greg. :)