'MythBusters' Take On 'CSI'

CSI Files

Captain
The MythBusters team of Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman appeared in the CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episode “The Theory of Everything” during the show’s eighth season. Their scene featured the guys standing by as Nick Stokes (George Eads) sprayed a dummy with pepper spray and then shot it with a stun gun—causing it to burst [...]

More...

I watched the episode last night and it was so good! Both myths were interesting and fun to watch. As a regular viewer of this show, I notice that they're running out of incredible myths to test. Sometimes they're just testing viral videos on the Internet. But, the science is still there, the cast is still fun to watch and incredible myths are still tested within a season.

*Spoilers for the MythBusters episode*
Since Adam and Jaime appeared on the CSI episode confirming the test made by Nick, I thought the result of testing the myth last night wasn't surprising. I mean, they wouldn't do a cameo role on CSI two years ago and put their reputations on the line if they knew the science on that scene was bogus.*

This episode made me think that the episode is somehow a build-up for CSI - that science is really the foundation of the show and not all are just myths. And also, if MythBusters wants more episodes, they should outlive CSI and test every scene that seems to be just for Hollywood only.

I really want them to test the french-fry foam of NY and the vaporizer of Miami.

Last edited:
The one Miami one I'd love to see them test is if they could actually get usable DNA from the tube that feeds oxygen into a scuba mask. At least I think that's what Delko did. Sadly the only part of that scene that stands out in my memory is Natalia going "Good job Aquaman" with that smile of hers. This is why they need to give Eva La Rue more dramatic scenes on the show; when she's smiling I can't focus on the story. ;-)

Back