'My Name Is Mac Taylor' Plays The Name Game

CSI Files

Captain
What's in a name?<p>According to CSI Files sources, the eighth episode of <I>CSI: New York</I>'s fifth season will be called "My Name is Mac Taylor". To celebrate their 100th episode, <I>New York</I> will deal with an unusual case. Two victims wind up in the morgue. One man is an investment banker, and the other is a tax attorney. They were different ages and were killed in different manners. The only obvious connection between them is their name: Mac Taylor.<p>One victim with the same name as the crime lab's head CSI might be an interesting coincidence, but two victims makes it sound more like a pattern. The team investigates the cases as though they are connected--it's better to be safe than sorry. Adam does a search of every available database and locates 23 people named Mac Taylor within a 50-mile radius of Manhattan.<p>Various Mac Taylors are interviewed, but they aren't told why. Three of the possible victims are children. Mac worries that, if any of these people leave the precinct without knowing what's going on, the CSI team could be called to a new crime scene sooner rather than later. He doesn't want to cause a panic if news of a serial killer targeting people named Mac Taylor gets out, but his main concern is to keep everyone safe. To do that, he wants to tell them why they are being interviewed.<p>The team might catch a break when a new victim turns up--this time the victim is alive. The case leads them to an earlier crime, and they wonder if their killer is out for revenge against someone named Mac Taylor. The question is, which one? "My Name Is Mac Taylor" will feature several notable guest stars: <font color=yellow>Scott Wolf</font>, <font color=yellow>Rumer Willis</font>, <font color=yellow>Julia Ormond</font>, <font color=yellow>Chris Daughtry</font>, NFL star <font color=yellow>Marshall Faulk</font> and <font color=yellow>Nelly</font>, who first appeared in <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/episodes/newyork/season5/turbulence.shtml">"Turbulence"</a>.<p>Please note that the above plot details have not been confirmed by CBS, Alliance Atlantis or Bruckheimer Films, and until such time you should treat this information as you would any other rumour. The above information comes from early script drafts and the details of the episodes are liable to change before the episodes are shown. <p> "My Name Is Mac Taylor" is expected to air November 19 on CBS.<center></center>

I keep thinking about the first Terminator movie. Only, instead of Arnie saying "Are you Sarah Connor?" he's saying "Are you Mac Taylor?" And then he's blowing away every Mac Taylor with a rather large gun.

That would be an awesome episode. :lol: I can totally imagine a scenario where by a Terminator is sent from the future to kill Mac Taylor. Super!Mac could definitely be the father of a future leader of the resistance, or in fact the leader himself...

CSISenna, this episode, My Name is Mac Taylor, will air next Wednesday-November 19th.
Elsie, you know what I think of??? That old game show To Tell The Truth.
Person #1: My name is Mac Taylor.
Person #2: My name is Mac Taylor.
Person #3: My name is Mac Taylor.
Then a panel of 4 celebrities ask, in this example, the 3 Mac Taylors questions. Then after all the celebrities have had a chance to ask questions, the celebrities write down on a little card which one they think is the real one-1, 2 or 3. Then the celebrities, one at a time, put that little card up in front of where they sit.
Host: Will the real Mac Taylor please stand up???
Then one of them stands up.

For those of you playing along with my example, time for the reveal...the real Mac Taylor, Gary Sinise's CSI/Detective Mac Taylor, is Person #3.:guffaw:
I can't wait to see the preview for this episode at the end of this week's episode and I can't wait to see the episode itself next week.

Last edited:
Back