my media project...please help.

Marf

Civilian
i am currently doing a media project for college about CSI las vegas. i would like to know why people watch it and if you watch CSI miami aswell. i would also be greatful if you could maybe answer the question...do you feel that the representation of crime in CSI is accurate to crime that actually happens in Las Vegas, or is it exagerated??
please comment back, thank you x

As for the representation of crime question - as I don't live in Las Vegas or read a whole lot about the place - I can't really say! BUT, exaggerated is the name of the game for crime dramas on tv, otherwise they'd be pretty dull. I'm sure a lot of it goes on, just not on that scale! And a lot of stories are based on some truth.

As for your other questions.

I watch CSI because it's a great show! I've watched it since season 1, and it's still as enjoyable today. When it first came out it gave a different angle on crime dramas. I've always loved shows such as NYPD Blue, X Files, Law and Order etc etc, so it was natural for me to watch CSI. And the different angle, and the excellent actors, the story lines, the quirky characters (in the case of Gil Grissom especially), the slightly 'noir' style all added up to make it a superb tv show. But I admit, my love for CSI wouldn't be as strong without William Petersen ;)

Do i watch CSI Miami? Yes I do, I don't think it's as good a show, it's far more OTT, but it's still enjoyable. I prefer CSI:NY to CSI Miami.

I watch CSI Las Vegas because its a great show. The cases are not some standard murder case. It has interesting story lines and plots and also the carachters are amazing. I love the chemistry between them, weather it is love or hate or whatever.
I also like the fact that CSI doesn't seem to take a position on what is "right" and "wrong" Nothing is ever judged to be right or wrong. Its always either in the middle or not at all. I like that.

DO I watch Miami? No. Somehow the show doesn't attract me. Ioam more attracted to CSI NY. Miami is all bright and sunny. Both New York and Las Vegas are kind of dark and more mysterious, IMO, and that attracts me.

Why do I watch CSI? George Eads :D but seriously I started watching CSI:NY when it first came on and then someone lent me the first season of CSI on DVD and I was hooked. The stories and the science intrigue me. I'm not into soap operas so the fact that they don't go into too much character depth keeps the show fresh and fast pace. I'm also aware that the show speeds up the testing and case solving to make it work on TV.

I do watch CSI:Miami but I find it an extremely annoying show. Too much soap opera stuff and half the cases they do just don't seem realistic. I much prefer CSI:NY over Miami any day.

I like the show because I like crime dramas and I like forensic science. I don't know a whole lot about Las Vegas but I imagine the crimes are a little bit more exaggerated than what really happens. It's what a makes a show interesting I suppose. I also love the acting and the developments of the characters. If I lose interest in a particular case, they're what keeps me watching.

CSI: Miami...I'll watch it if it's on but I don't find it as enjoyable as Vegas or NY because I think the story lines are too OTT and I don't think the characters have that same spark.

originally i watched the show for the cases, the puzzle and to entertain myself in a *smart* way. recently i also watch it for the GSR (Grissom and Sara's relationship), and for Grissom.

i believe this show is also extremely realistic, and they never really go over the top. i like the choreography (i can't stand Miami's colors though), the dialoques, the humour and all the characters. i also adore the scarcity of the personal moments of the CSI's, which makes them really special when they happen. subtlety is a good thing, and the show's never been soapy.

note: i watch only CSI, i don't like the spinoffs.

I watch CSI because I love the science and I love the characters. The way they solve cases, by brains rather than braun, is what really attracted me at first. But what made me stay with the show for so long was the characters. I love how they interact with each other and the people they work cases with. Even the murderers themselves are interesting characters and the plots have twists that you don't expect. The show is always interesting, which brings me back every week.

I don't really watch Miami as avidly as I watch CSI. I usually fall asleep before it comes on (sad, I know). Because I haven't really watched it from the beginning I'm just not as commpelled to sit through it. I do watch some reruns during the summer, though.

As for CSI representing real crime, I think they can represent it, but it's a bit of a stretch. They have outlandish crazy crimes every week, and it's just not that realistic to have them that often (even in Las Vegas). They do stick to most science and police procedure, but their main aim is to entertain the audience, so they stretch some of it to fascinate people. So, is the crime completely accurate- no, but I wouldn't expect it to be on a TV show.

I watch CSI because I think when it first came out, it was a completely groundbreaking program. They had trouble selling the show because the networks thought that the show was too "smart." I love that a good number of cases are based on actual events (the miniature killer was a real thing). Also for the record, Las Vegas was chosen because of not only the crime rate but I believe that AZ has said that the Las Vegas crime lab is the busiest in the country only to be beaten by the FBI lab in Quantico.

I actually feel a little smarter (sometimes) after watching CSI and I have a better understanding of the technical aspects of solcing cases.

JMHO...

Why I love CSI ? Well , first because I'm a forensic lover , I watch all forensic shows on Discovery . CSI is a mix between crimes , characters and relations . There is true frienship , there is love and crimes . It's amazing how the writers managed to combine all these and create the best drama series ever .
The actors are very talented people actually , I love them all even if my favourite is and will always be Eric Szmanda . I like the character developement , the mistery within , it's so cool .
CSI Las Vegas , my fav and New York are having crimes and character development at the same time , while in Miami forensic is kind of non existent . And it's too sunny . There in every ep are sume gunshots , o0ne or two explosions and that's it . There isn't anything surprising . I rarely watch Miami , only because I like Jonathan Togo . And I don't like Horatio , he's annoying because he acts like he's an angel or such ... stupid .
I like the friendship between Sara and Greg , because let's admit , those two have a great chemistry . I also like Warrick's and Nick's relationship . Grave Danger and Fannysmackin are maybe yhe best eps of the series because of the character developement .
And the crimes ... the way there are solving it with a last minute idea ( like Invisible Evidence) , or their reactions are priceless .
I hope it helps you ;)

I watch CSI, it's my fave show. I also watch CSI:NY but not Miami because I think it's too over the top and makes Horatio out to be a super hero in sunglasses. I cannot take it seriously.

I read an interview with George Eads once and he stated that 60% of the crimes seen on CSI are taken from real life. So alot of the things that happen do happen for real but with CSI's personal twist to make it their own and possibly more exciting. I love the camera work, like going inside a wound for example. Also the way the crimes are reinacted in flasback form and it different ways depending on how the evidence is interprited. I also learn alot from the show.

I watch it beacause it's an intresting and informative show with charactors that I really like and can relate to. I love the chemistry between the cast, you can tell they love working together.I also watch because of my love for Eric Szmanda, Greg is such a fun charactor.

I watch Vegas because I like the stories. I like the way it makes you think as you're watching. How did they do that? What did they leave behind? How are they going to catch them?

I love the cast. You can see that they enjoy working together. That's a great thing. They are all great actors, that just make this amazing show, that entertains but is informative.
It has real life humor. You feel like you could be friends with all of them too.

I refuse to watch Mimai. It's crap. They make Horatio into the hero all the time. THe man can't act. The sunglasses bug me. And the cast doesn't seem to gel. I just hate it.

Okay while this is somewhat about LV its also talking about NY and Miami so I am shipping this to "General Discussion" which is better because its for all three of the shows. ;)

Good Luck on the project.

well it is exsturated because they learn how to use equipment 2 quick yet in real life the csi wud have to have training also the csi is really life dnt arrest people or quesion witnesses they just collect document and analyze eveidence from a crime scence. hope this helps. and i do watch the show all the time i am gonig to get it all on dvd again soon becuase csi las vagas just rocks :D

Back