My house got burglarized! UGH!!!

Hankster

Coroner
I am SO PISSED OFF! Someone broke into my house on Friday while my wife and I were at work and my kids were at school/day care. Apparently, my neighbor spotted the jerk as he was backing his car up to load it up, but he'd already swiped my XBox 360 premium edition and its 2 wireless controllers, my wife's wedding ring and james avery cross ring, and two gold/diamond heart pendants I'd given my wife on anniversaries.

To make matters worse, my mother in law brought my kids into the house before I got home and before the police arrived and becuase they started picking things up and checking to see what was stolen, they compromised ANY fingerprint evidence that could have been in there.

My neighbor didnt' get the jerk's license plate and it was just a vague description (White male, 30s, overweight, blond hair and balding). The guy had gotten spooked by the neighbor and only got away with the console and controllers, but LEFT my stack of 360 games behind.

If this dork was going to play the XBox 360, I've gotten the last laugh since I notified XBox and XBox live, the serial number's been flagged as stolen, if he tries to reregister or log onto XBox live, they'll send out spyware to disable it and render it unusable, and I've already called GameCrazy, EBGames, EZPawn, GameStop and all the local non-chain pawns and given them the serial number, so if he tries to sell it, he's busted.

I don't really expect to get it back, and my homeowners insurance will only reimburse above my deductible of $800.00, so the most we expect to get back is a few hundred dollars. We've also replaced the back door and door frame with a steel door and frame, installed burglar bars, added several more deadbolts and installed an alarm and monitoring service. IF that dork comes back, he'll find it impossible to get in without making an awful lot of racket, and when that alarm goes off, he'll be heading for the hills. I've also installed game cameras in hidden locations to catch any vehciles that pull into our driveway and get their license tags. This isn't happening to us again, that's for DAMN SURE!!!

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. Will Microsoft send you a new 360?

Smart move with the serial numbers, by the way. I never would have even thought of that.

HANKSTER!! That's AWFUL! I'm so sorry

and unfortunatly it sounds like they cased the place and knew what you had.. and it sounds like the jewerly and stuff is more in valuable than getting it back if you know what I mean...

I would ask Microsoft for a new x-box too, PM me(I have MS connections ;)) smart move on the x-box btw!

I'm sure it's frustrating knowing that some of the evidence has been compromised already
but I'm sure the police can still find something...

Again I'm sorry that it happened to you

Aw man Hankster Im so sorry, thats awful! Really smart move on the Xbox, and with the hidden camaras, it almost makes me wonder if he will come back, just to imagine the look on his face when he gets busted from every angle!
Again, real sorry that you got burglared, hope you get a new Xbox!

~xJemmax~

Unfortunately, Microsoft won't send me a replacement one--insurance isn't part of the premium package, unfortunately. I just hope that whomever stole that stuff does try to sell it at an EZ Pawn or a Gamestop.

Anyhoo, I'm working more on buying replacements for the stuff my wife bought first... I'll just wait on my 360 for now... it just disgusts me to no end that my family inadvertantly destroyed potential evidence when they went into the house before I got home. The guy had left my stack of XBox 360 games in the living room where he was stagint things before my neighbor spotted him. Given that the cases are plastic covered, they could have recovered valuable prints and if the jerk was in AFIS, it woudl at least give us a name...

Sorry about the burglary, Hankster.

My house was burglarized when I was 3, and the b*****d stole my Mom's wedding set. She had forgotten it. My Dad found another set that was similar, but the sentimental value just does a number. Additionally, as a child I can remember that I didn't feel safe in my home. Now that I'm well into my 30s, if anyone comes in to hurt me or my Mom (Dad passed 10 years ago) they're leaving in a bodybag. If they want to steal, they'd better do it when we're not home. It's not as if they could get in.

Back