My Fanfic: A Job Well Done- Catherine has some fun...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by lostladyknight, Jul 29, 2007.

1. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Catherine walked into the layout room where Sara, Greg, and Hodges were analyzing some evidence involving a case they were looking into for Grissom. In her arms she carried two large tubs of red Jell-O; it had to have been at least ten gallons because the containers were five gallon buckets. She didn’t do much to announce her presence, she simply said “Greg, Sara, will you please come help me with something really quickly?”

Greg and Sara went along with her for sheer curiosity about why she was approaching them with red Jell-O; Hodges decided to follow for pretty much the same reason. When they arrived in the CSI garage they couldn’t help but be glad they’d obliged simply because there sat four more matching buckets full of red Jell-O. Nick was laying out a large plastic children’s swimming pool when they all walked into the room, and to everyone’s wonder Catherine approached the pool and started pouring her buckets of Jell-O in. While she busied herself pouring, Nick took Greg into another room and the two began producing more tubs of Jell-O, four more red and ten blue. It was truly an exciting site to see.

Greg and Sara began dumping buckets into the pool along with Catherine, when Nick observed that Hodges was watching, his mouth half agape not participating, he decided to do something about it. “Hodges, give me a hand?” He asked.

“Sure, I guess” Hodges absent mindedly agreed and walked over to a table where Nick was working. As soon as he stood next to the table he regretted it, Nick rather violently pressed a package of ballpark franks into his hands.

“Can you open those up for me, big man?” Nick asked, as he busied himself with turning on a propane double burner grill, much like one someone would take camping.

“These things make me hurl” Hodges tried to complain about the task he was given, but when he made eye contact with Catherine he realized there was no getting out of it. He took in a deep breath and began to tear the packaging open with his fingers. Once he was done he asked “on the burner?”

“Yep” Nick told him. “Thanks.”

Hodges didn’t even bother to respond; he just dumped all of the hot dogs onto the burner and ran out of the room with his nose plugged with his fingers. Unfortunately for him, the juice was on his fingers and locked the smell onto his nose. Nick couldn’t help but notice he heard the sounds of vomiting coming from the bathroom down the hall, he only felt a little bad.

“Okay, kiddos” Catherine said as she corralled Greg and Sara closer to her. She’d have volunteered to do this herself but Warrick was out on another scene and she just couldn’t imagine having as much fun with any of the other guys. “I need you two to put on jump suits, and then I’m going to need you to stand in here.”

“What?” Sara asked, not at all eager to participate in Catherine’s experiment. “How exactly will this help your case?”

“Where is your sense of adventure?” Greg asked, already zipping up his jump suit, he’d wasted absolutely no time, unlike Sara, he was eager.

“Actually Sara, we have a theory that Patricia Wilkins’ death was an accident due to limited traction in the… umm… tub we found her in. We have reason to believe she wasn’t there alone, but with a male friend.” Nick explained.

“Fine” Sara said begrudgingly and began to don the jumpsuit that Catherine offered to her. As she zipped up the back of the drab navy suit she noticed the hot dogs. “Hey, what are those for?”

“Oh, believe it or not there were cooked hot dogs in the Jell-O.” Nick told her, grabbing all eight of the logs of processed meat and throwing them on top of the giggly red and blue goo in the pool before him.

“Okay, Greg, Sara I want you two to climb in and wrestle around in this pool until all of the Jell-O turns purple okay?” Catherine asked with an evil grin on her face. She helped Sara in and said, “One more thing, take this face paint and paint yourself every time you bump the side, of the pool.” She passed a stick to each Sara and Greg.

“The places of impact, I see what you mean” Greg observed aloud.

Once Greg and Sara had begun pushing and pulling themselves around in the gelatin muck Catherine backed up and observed laughing happily. She stood next to Nick and said “Want to make a bet about which one’s going to come out with more red paint on them?”

“I’ve got my money on Sara, I think Greg’s been fantasizing about this one for way too long to let the chance escape him” Nick told her, laughing right along with her.

“Nah, I think I’d put my money on Sara going up against just about anyone in a ring.” Catherine mentioned “how about seventy-five?”

“You’re on” Nick reached out and shook Catherine’s hand. Win or lose, this was one of the most fun things he’d ever done while working at CSI.

Remembering the same Polaroid camera she’d once used to take an embarrassing photo of Warrick; Catherine slipped out and then returned with the camera, taking several shots of Greg and Sara rolling around in the goo. Greg’s face was beat red and he wore a child-like grin on his face; Sara had a stoic and serious face that slipped into a grin every now and then. It was obvious that she was having fun.

After Catherine clicked the camera one more time, Sara stopped suddenly. “What was that?”

“Oh, nothing” Catherine said and shrieked as she ran out of the room to stash the Camera and several photographs in her locker. She was followed closely by Greg and Sara who had their hands full with Jell-O.

Nick couldn’t help but laugh when she pushed back into the room, covered in Jell-O. Greg and Sara obviously didn’t attain the photographs and were meaning to retaliate. The picked her up and pushed her into the mess.

“Whoa now, I missed the wrong party.” Warrick observed aloud, genuinely upset that he missed the chance to put Catherine in a vat of Jell-O himself. Grissom, who had walked into the room with him just a few moments before just stared in silence.

“We actually have a good reason” Nick explained. “There’s this case, we needed to test some things. We think it was an accident.”

“Oh, I’m sure.” Grissom said, he leaned back next to Nick and Warrick and crossed his arms, even he wasn’t about to miss this show.

Catherine, who had turned beet red when she realized Warrick, was in the room started mopping herself up with a towel. When she was finished she said “Okay, guys can you come stand over here.”

Greg and Sara did as they were told, and before long it was revealed that Sara had red marks on exactly the right places to imply that she had been ‘killed’ in the same way their victim had. Once the absolute lack of traction was discussed, Catherine dismissed everyone with a polite “Thank you.”

Warrick hung back long enough to whisper in her ear “when are you and I going to get to do that?” He winked at her and snuck out of the room, leaving her cheeks burning even redder and giving even more fodder to the already rampant fantasies in her head.

“Whenever you want” she whispered to herself, and to an absent Warrick, she gently bit her bottom lip and began filing out the paperwork. Today she felt she could chalk up to a job well done.

----------------------

This isn't my best work, just my newest! I just thought I'd post it for fun.

I hope you like it... sorry it's not polished like it could be.

-LLK

2. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

It's hilarious lol i loved it :D

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

LOL....Very funny :)

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

that's funny!
    I can see Cath doing that :D

5. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

That was funny, even im a Grillows gal, i did enjoy it very much.

6. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Thank you mucho guys!