Movie parodies

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, Dec 27, 2006.

1. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I don't think this thread will be that popular, although it can be fun :D Some movie parodies are old, but unforgettable.
    I'm sure some of you have already seen the Scary Movie 'series'. Those crack me up. Or how about The life of Brian?
    If you like parodies, go ahead and share your opinion! :)

2. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

I love movie parodies! I always like the movies better when they are parodied. Like I loved Scary movie 3 &4 because The Ring and War of the Worlds are my two favorite movies...so those Scary Movies were perfect.:D

Has anyone seen Date Movie? It was from the makers of the Scary Movies..but not nearly as good IMO.

I heard there is supposed to be a new movie coming out sort of like Scary Movies..It's called Epic Movie. It makes fun of Borat, Nacho Libre, Chronicles of Narnia, Superman Returns, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Snakes on a Plane, Harry Potter, X-men 3, MTV Cribs,Pirates of the Carribean 2, and many other recent epic movies.

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

According to imdb.com, Epic Movie is due to be released on January 26 in the US, Jan. 25 in Australia, Feb. 9 in the UK, Mar. 30 in Finland and Sweden, Apr. 5 in Germany.

What a coincidence this thread is started now. I just happen to be watching Galaxy Quest (1999) with Tim Allen, Alan Rickman, Daryl Mitchell, Sigourney Weave, and Tony Shaloub (Monk) on TBS at the moment. It is a spoof of the Star Trek shows.

One of the best spoofs of the James Bond movies is Our Man Flint (1966) with James Coburn. Gadgets, guns, girls, and guffaws... It had it all. I even put the hotline sound on my cellphone as a ringtone.

Airplane is a great spoof of the Airport movies.

4. Nirvana

Nirvana CSI Level One

One of my favorites is Hot Shots with Charlie Sheen :lol: Always makes me laugh.

5. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I adore the whole Austin Powers series with the way they poke fun at James Bond :lol:. I love how they made Ernest Starvo Blofeld into Dr.Evil & how it was "Goldfinger" into "Goldmember was priceless. The ridiculous name they gave the Powers girls was pretty good too.

6. meshellb2001

meshellb2001 Lab Technician

My favorite is Spaceballs, OMG, I love that movie, think I will have to go and rent it this weekend, haven't seen it in years.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Vince Vaughn in "DODGEBALL" "You're not a pirate" :lol: amonst many others.. funny movie.and I love all the Austin Powers as well..Mike Meyers..genius ;)

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Austin Powers,as JF mentioned.

Then Star Wreck that parodies Star Trek. I think their last movie can still be downloaded from their website ( at www.starwreck.com - it was internet release). IT's in Finnish but has version where English subtitles. Oh man it's hilarious movie.

9. od0_ital

od0_ital Dead on Arrival

Love GalaxyQuest! So need to get it on DVD!

Spaceballs is pretty funny, too, but a bit dated, and I don't watch it too often.

Blazing Saddles, however, is a great Mel Brooks comedy that parodies Westerns.

To be honest, I got tired of the Scary Movie series after the second one, and haven't bothered with the third or fourth films. I didn't watch Date Movie since it's from "two of the six writers" or whatever from the Scary Movie franchise, and I'm not in a rush for Epic Movie, since I read that there isn't really a plot to it, or interaction between characters - instead, it's just goin' to be a collection of skits edited together to make a moive, and I say, "Screw that."

10. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I actually don't really like Scary Movie 2. The first one was so much better, so I see where you're coming from, od0_ital.

11. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

OMG.I freaking love that movie.I own it.How lame am I? :lol:

12. CSI_Wearden

CSI_Wearden Witness

The life of Brian! That is Hilarious!

13. CSI_Wearden

CSI_Wearden Witness

The old 'Dawn Of The Dead' is Funny too.
    The Special Effect's are pathetic.. But they work!

14. CSI_Wearden

CSI_Wearden Witness

Also the old 'Most Haunting' That is Funny but kind of Scary too!

15. CSI_Wearden

CSI_Wearden Witness

If i think of anymore, I'll post them on here ^_^