"Mistletoe and Egg Nog" A Snicker fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by nicksarafan2, Jul 15, 2006.

1. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Title: Mistletoe and Egg Nog
    Show: CSI: LV
    Style: Romance, Humor, One Shot
    Pairing: Snickers
    Rating: PG-13
    Note: this is a response to a fan fic challenge from Cordelia_GSR_Fan, I hope it’s good
    Disclaimer: I don’t own CSI…
    Summery: it’s Christmas time in Las Vegas, and all through the lab, all the creatures were stirring, including the lab rats, and it was time for the lab to have a small party in the lab.

Two days till Christmas Eve,

Christmas music blasted on the intercom, as all of the lab was having a party, it was all over the place, people mingling, dancing, drinking Egg Nog, and having a fun night.

Greg was in the break room, wearing a Santa Hat and bobbing his head to the music, as he searched through the food people brought to the party.

Then Warrick, and Catherine walked in laughing at a story he was telling before, “hey you two” Greg said as he took a bite of a cookie.

“hey Greggo, anything good?” Warrick asked wile looking over the food, he found some salmon dip and stuck a cracker in it.

“oh so where are the rest of our comrades?” Catherine asked as she sat down and put a shopping bag on the table.

“oh well funny you should ask, Grissom of coarse is at that thing at the mayors as is Ecklie” Greg said as he took some dip from Warrick.

“ooh, wile the cats are away, the CSI’s will play” Catherine said, the two men laughed.

“and Nick is in the layout room wrapping a present, though if you ask him he’s doing paper work, and Sara is doing paper work in Grissom’s office” Greg said.

“why?” Warrick asked surprised, “they should be out here having fun, drinking Egg Nog, Dancing” Warrick said, as he remembered the Egg Nog, he went to the fridge.

“Well Sara said she isn’t in the holiday mood and Nick well he’s being kind of strange as well” Greg said.

“ooh, what do guys say to us helping them get in the mood?” Catherine asked with a sneaky smile, the two men looked intrigued as they quickly sat around her to listen.

“I know that face Cath, that’s your sneaky idea face” Warrick said.

“right, how about we use Operation 12 Days of Christmas?” Catherine asked, she looked at the two.

“ooh, OTDC, that’s a risky one, how will we do it with out them knowing?” Greg asked.

“you two just listen, Greg I’m going to need 12 bunches of mistletoe, and Warrick and I will do the rest” Catherine said, the three nodded.

Nick Sat in the layout room, he had just finished wrapping a little square box in red, gold and green foil paper, it had a silver bow on it, he leaned back in his chair ad marveled at his handy work.

“not a bad job, if I do say so my self” Nick said with a proud smile on his face, he looked at his watch, “and it only took me an hour” Nick said, he then took the box in hand and sighed softly.

Then Warrick walked in, “hey Nicky, can you come here a minute?” Warrick asked in the door way.

Nick looked at him, “yeah sure… what about?” Nick asked as he stood and walked with Warrick down the hall.

“oh well Catherine wants to take some photo’s of us, she went to get her camera” Warrick said when they stopped mid hall.

“cool I’m up for that, and I’m going to join the party after I do one little thing” Nick reassured his friend.

Sara sat in Grissom’s office doing paper work, trying to tune out the sounds from the hall, she sighed softly, she wanted to have fun, but she just wasn’t up for it.

Then Catherine burst in, “hey Sara, can I take a picture of you with the guys?” she asked wile showing Sara her camera.

“um ok” Sara said, she liked having an ensues to leave, with out leaving her self, she stood from the desk and walked down the hall with Catherine.

Then the stopped when the reached Nick, Greg and Warrick, Sara smiled at nick, who was now wearing a Santa hat, Nick smiled back.

The three saw there exchange, “ok Sara stand by Nick” Catherine said as she readied her digital camera, Sara walked over and stood by Nick, she had her arms crossed over her chest, and nick stepped closer, his hands in his jeans pockets.

“come on you two loosen up…” Catherine stopped mid sentence as she looked up, soon Warrick and Greg who were beside her did the same, they had surprised looks on there faces.

Nick furrowed his brow and was about to say something, when Sara touched his chest, he looked at her, then up where she was looking.

There right above them was a bunch of Mistletoe, Nick looked at the three standing there, Nick then looked at Sara an almost apologetic look on his face.

Sara looked at Nick, she was blushing, “well Catherine are you going to take the picture?” Sara asked still blushing and trying to hide a smile.

“oh come on you two, you know the tradition, and you never break tradition” Greg said wile looking giddy.

Nick was about to speak, then he just sighed softly, he turned to Sara who was now looking at her shoes, Nick touched her back gently, she looked at him.

“I don’t know…”Sara started to say, but then as she looked at nick he was leaning in to kiss her.

Nick sighed, he leaned towered Sara and as she closed her eyes, he kissed her gently, Sara touched his chest as he gave her the sweetest, softest, most tender kiss she’d ever gotten.

Nick was about to really get into it, but Sara pulled away before he could, she looked at him, and blushed, Nick smiled at her as he stood close.

The three stood there, and as much as Catherine didn’t want to right now, she had to go on with the plan, “ok you two, see that was fun right?” Catherine asked with a smile.

Sara looked at them, “um I have to um, get back to that paper work now” Sara said embarrassed as she walked away.

Nick watched her walk away, he cursed under his breath, did he do wrong? He hoped not, he looked at the trio and sighed.

“well, secret Santa is in 20 minutes so we should all get our gifts” Warrick said, the trio left, Greg lightly punched at nick’s arm as he passed.

Nick smiled at him, then walked to find Sara, he did, in the break room, she was pouring her self some Egg Nog.

Nick knocked on the door frame lightly, she turned around and smiled slightly, “hey you…I um wanted to apologize for um” Nick was cut off by Sara.

“nick it’s ok, it was just in good fun, I’m not mad at you” she said with a smile wile approaching him holding her mug Nog.

“good, I thought I offended you or something” Nick said with relief, he smiled a cute smile at her as she sipped the drink.

“have you tried the Egg Nog?” she asked wile letting him take a sip from her mug, Nick smiled and took it from her.

“you’re the only person I know who let’s me drink after her” Nick said with a chuckle as he sipped it, he just happened to glance up, and he was shocked.

“what?!” Sara asked noticing his face, Nick pointed upward, she looked up, “wow, who put it every where?” Sara asked as she saw the mistletoe above them.

“it’s ok, the three amigo’s are no where in sight, I think we can pass this one” Nick said with a wink, he gave Sara her mug back after another sip.

“yeah… you spoke to soon” Sara said when she saw the three peeking in, she sighed, nick turned around and sighed when he saw the three of them.

“oh well…” Nick said wile stepping closer to her, she laughed slightly as she stepped closer, Nick leaned in and kissed her lips gently, she was once again pulled into a swirling vortex of pleasure, and though his kiss was a light one, she almost floated away, Nick was having similar feelings.

“woo!!” was the only thing Greg said this broke them apart, nick and Sara looked at them, Sara stepped back, licking her lips, it didn’t help that Nick’s lips tasted like sweet Egg Nog.

Nick sighed softly, he was wondering if they could really keep doing this with out it effecting there currant relationship, of being good friends.

“aw you two are really cute together!” Wendy said as she walked into the break room, she got some Nog, and grabbed a party platter, “well you two just keep on going” she said with a wink before walking away.

Nick blushed and rubbed the back of his head, then Warrick walked in, “hey you two, you know it’s funny how you keep winding up under mistletoe” Warrick said as he grabbed a shopping bag.

“yeah funny, I thought Grissom banned it this year” Nick said as Warrick walked out.

“Grissom’s not here” Warrick yelled back before walking away, “oh and bring your secret Santa Gifts you two” Warrick called back.

Sara sipped more of her Egg Nog, Nick smiled at her, “um you know the beauty about Christmas parties” Nick started to say.

“right, the next day anything that happened doesn’t matter any more” Sara said finishing his sentence.

“yeah that’s true… we can look back at this and just laugh…if you want to” Nick said wile rubbing the back of his head in a nervous move.

“oh of coarse… I um have to get my gift” Sara said wile trying to change the subject.

“oh yeah, speaking of that, I um… I know I’m not your secret Santa, but I um… here” Nick said wile getting the gift from under his coat, it was the carefully decorated gift he spent an hour wrapping.

Sara took it from him and looked at the pretty piece of work, ”oh nick it’s wrapped so beautify, thank you… I didn’t get you any thing” Sara said softly.

Nick smiled, “oh gosh I wasn’t expecting anything, it was just me feeling all Saint Nicky” Nick said wile pointing to his Santa hat.

Sara blushed, “thank you nick… and with all this awkwardness tonight, your still a really good friend” Sara said before kissing his cheek gently.

He smiled, “your welcome Sunshine” Nick said wile taking a deep breath, he enjoyed her being so close to him.

“ooh I can’t wait to open it” Sara said happily, she was truly happy about it, though she did wish they hadn’t decided to forget there kissing.

Nick chuckled lightly, then she sat down to open it at the table, Nick was surprised, “oh your going to open it here?” Nick asked a little worried.

“of course if I open it at home I wont be able to say thank you properly” Sara said as she started to carefully unwrap it.

Nick sat down across from her, he looked nervous, more nervous then when he kissed her those two times, more nervous then ever.

Sara put the box on the table and opened it up, she pulled out a heavy object that was wrapped in tissue paper.

She removed it and there was a snow globe, she looked at it, it had a puppy and a kitten figurine in it, they looked life like and were snuggled together under a flannel blanket by a fire place, Sara laughed as she shook it and then as the snow poured down music started and as she heard the lyrics she started to cry.

“You’re my best friend” - Queen

Ooh you make me live
    Whatever this world can’t give to me
    It’s you, your all I see
    Ooh you make me live, now honey
    Ooh you make me live
    Oh you’re the best friend that I ever had
    I’ve been with you such a long time
    You’re my sunshine
    And I want you to know
    My feelings are true, I really love you
    Ah you’re my friend
    Ooh you make me live
    Ooh I’ve been wondering around
    but I still come back to you
    In rain or shine, you’ve stood by me girl
    And I’m happy at home
    You’re my best friend
    Ooh you make me live
    Whenever this world is cruel to me
    I got you to help me forgive
    Ooh you make me live, now honey
    Ooh you make me live
    Oh you’re the first one, when things turn out bad
    You know I’ll never be lonely
    You’re the only one, and I love the things
    And I really love the things that you do
    Oh you’re my best friend
    Ooh you make me live
    I’m happy, happy with you
    Ooh you make me live
    Oh you’re my best friend

The end

Sara looked at nick with tears in her eyes, she sniffled a little as she put the snow globe down, she stood.

Nick sat there, “I know it’s cheesy I was trying to find a song that…” he stopped when she hugged him, Nick wrapped his arms around her back.

She cried against his shoulder, and since he was sitting she wound up sitting in his lap, nick held her close as she hugged him tightly.

“Nick that was the sweetest, most wonderful, personal, thoughtful, most perfect gift I ever received… thank you” she whispered.

“oh Sara… your welcome… I hoped you liked it” nick said wile rubbing her back tenderly, she pulled from the hug and realized her seating position.

“oh gosh sorry” Sara said about to get out of his lap, Nick stopped her, she looked at him, with a smile as Nick leaned in to kiss her.

Then Greg burst in, “hey you two I want my secret Santa gift and there not starting with out you guys” Greg said, only noticing Sara sitting in Nick’s lap after.

Sara got out of Nick’s lap, “here we come” Sara said wile grabbing a tissue, she blushed when Greg raised an eye brow at her.

Nick stood, “yeah I can’t wait to see what my secret Santa got me” Nick said with a smile as the three left the room.

After the initial gift giving part, every one soon realized that it wasn’t as anomalous as they first thought, when almost every one got gifts for other people they liked.

Nick stood by the reception desk talking with some people, when he saw Sara getting a Cookie, Nick quickly walked over to her.

“hey Sara… you know tonight’s been kid of crazy, I think we should talk” nick suggested as she looked at him, she nodded since her mouth was full of cookie, Nick smiled and they walked back to a quieter area.

Catherine saw them leave, “ok guys, now we really kick it in gear, lets hope they go into the AV lab” she said to Warrick and Greg.

Nick and Sara walked into the AV lab since the other rooms were occupied, Sara turned to Nick, “your right we should talk, all of this silly mistletoe stuff was obviously the gangs way of getting us together and I don’t like being forced to do stuff” Sara said, Nick just stood there, he had a smirk on his face.

Sara looked at him, “and… Nick I have a hard time trying to talk seriously to you when you have a Santa hat on your head and that big grin” Sara said softly.

Nick stepped closer, “Sara, look up” Nick said with a cute sweet look on his face, she did, then she looked back at him.

“wow they must have raided the mistletoe store” Sara said amazed by all the mistletoe.

Nick laughed slightly, “yeah um this wasn’t there doing… it was mine” Nick said softly, hoping Sara wouldn’t hit him.

Sara looked at him, “you did this… why?” she asked softly, she had to admit it was cut of him to do, but why?

“well the same reason Cath, Greg, and Warrick did it, I wanted to simply kiss you” Nick said wile gently touching her arm.

Sara blushed, “Nick, you didn’t have to do this… it’s sweet, but you know I’m not much for theatrics” Sara said softly.

Nick stepped closer, “ok well can I still kiss you?” Nick asked softly, wile looking her in the eyes.

Sara blushed, “of coarse” she whispered wile leaning closer, Nick wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer, as they shared a deep passionate kiss, Sara wrapped her arms around his neck.

Then Greg, Catherine, Warrick, Wendy, Hodges, and the rest of the gang were standing there, “awww” was all they said at once.

Nick reached over wile not pulling from the kiss and closed the door in there faces, “hey!” was all Greg said.

Nick pulled away from the kiss, “you did wind up getting me a gift” Nick whispered softly.

“really what?” Sara asked wile kissing the tip of his nose.

Nick chuckled lightly, “why you of course” Nick said with a grin, before kissing her again.

Sara smiled against his lips, “now that was cheesy… sweet as anything, but cheesy” Sara said, “Marry Christmas Nick” Sara said softly.

Nick smiled, “Marry Christmas Sara“, Nick said and then they kissed again and this one lasted much longer.

The End

S.M.W.

I hope it was good, I wrote it in two hours and it was my first challenge writing, so I hope it turned out good, and if so, leave me an R&R

2. Cordelia_GRS_Fan

Cordelia_GRS_Fan CSI Level Two

WOOOO! I loved it!! Well done!!! It was actually the first challenge I've set and I loved it so much!! I'll deffo keep you in mind if I have another challenge!!!

*huggles* Thankyou lots darlin!

Xx..::Mia-Sara::..xX

3. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

**claps hands** Awesome i loved it :D

Sissi

4. cocoa_girl18

cocoa_girl18 Pathologist

oooh so warm and so cuddly nonetheless i love it. mwuaah.

5. jnick_0712

jnick_0712 Prime Suspect

Very very sweet!! Nicely done.

6. SamStokes

SamStokes Police Officer

wow that is so sweet.
    Great!
    i like the Sara/Nick stuff, and all the misletoe.

10/10

7. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

That was good. Keep up the good work! Go SNICKERS

8. p3karen

p3karen Rookie

that was such a sweat story

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Awww I loved it