Misc Summer Fan Art Gift Exchange

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Jun 2, 2009.

1. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

As some of you know we did a holiday related fan art gift exchange and everyone seemed to enjoy it. So we are going to do another one here and also a CSI one in the fan art thread.

What is a fanart gift exchange? (borrowed from DragonflyDreamer)

Well, it’s exactly what it sounds like! All participants will both make and receive a fanart gift. For those of you familiar with a ‘Secret Santa’, that’s basically what this is….

So here’s how this is going to work:

[1] Everyone who wants to participate must sign up. You can do this by replying to this thread.

[2] In your sign up post, you should also leave a short description of what you might like to receive. Keep in mind that these are only meant to be guidelines to help your gift-giver along. Keep it short and simple. If you also want to include a character that you don’t want included, that’s fine to, as long as you do so politely. It can be any show, movie, band, actor etc that you would normally make and post in the misc fan art thread.
    [example]: My favorite show is Torchwood, especially Captain Jack. My favorite ship is Janto. I also love NCIS, ER, WAT, Cold Case. I’m not a big fan of Dancing with the Stars. Get the idea?

[3] We will keep an updated participants list. If you see that your name is missing, or that it’s on there and shouldn’t be, please let me know so I can get it fixed.

[4] When the sign-ups are finished, each participant will be randomly assigned another participant to make something for. You will be notified of who you’re making something for by PM (or by email if you are unable to receive PM’s)

[5] Once you know who you’re creating for, you can use their sign-up post as a guideline. You may make whatever you want. Icon, banner, wallpaper, some combination things, it’s up to you. If you know that they have a LJ, making something for that is a possibility as well.

[6] When you are ready to send it in, you have two options. If you want them to know who made it, you may send it to them directly. If you wish to be anonymous, you may send it to me, and I will pass it on to them.

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask!

Jacquie - can you sticky this? Thanks!

Participants

csifann1
    Dragonfly
    Adorable_Crazy
    Something_wicked
    dstined4gr8ness
    fo_poozzle
    Axelsonfire
    Shazza_018
    MacsLovlyAng
    GregNickRyanFan

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  2. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

I'm also in for this one :D

ok so, my fave show is fringe, I love all the characters, but Olivia is my fave. I also like: bones [B&B, Brennan, Booth], criminal minds [morgan, emily], supernatural [Dean and Sam, more Dean :D] ... And don't worrie

Movie - Mr. And Mrs. Smith ; The Kindgom ; Big Momma's house [yeah, 'cause of Emily :p] ...

Fave Actores - brad pitt, hugh jackman, paul walker...
    Fave Actresses - Jennifer Garden, Angelina Jolie...

oh, I also like Disney :D Lion King is my fave since I was little :adore:
    Things I don't like/hate - Jonas Brothers/Camp Rock ; High School Musical ; Robert Pattison ; Twilight ...

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Oh, me, me! I'm in :D

Let me see... my favorite shows at the moment are Supernatural (all characters), Doctor Who (all characters) and Torchwood (everyone except Gwen).

Other random things I like that have nothing to do with TV include: Dance, horses and dragonflys (of course)

Ooh, and preferred wallpaper size is 1280x800

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  4. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Oh wow, I'm totally in for this one as well. :D

I love the British Medical drama Casualty, Maggie and Charlie are my favourite characters and Ship. I also love Adam and ship him and Jessica.
    My favourite actors are Hugh Jackman, Daniel Craig, George Clooney and Harrison Ford.

I also love anything to do with Stephen Fry.

I'm a huge fan of The Killers and also love Snow Patrol.

Other random things I like are Toronto, Kermit the Frog and all things Disney. :D

(Random aside, my laptop has odd screen resolutions if my artist is making me a wall, it's 1280x800). :D

5. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I would love to particpate :)

Favorite Shows: Supernatural (Sam, Dean, Castiel) Smallville (Clark, Oliver/Green Arrow) One Tree Hill (Lucas and Peyton)

Music: Dierks Bentley, Carrie Underwood.

Misc: I for some reason have a fasination with gas masks :shifty: and it happened way before My Bloody Valentine :lol:

Chipmunks, Muppets and Elmo :p

6. dstined4gr8ness

dstined4gr8ness Police Officer

ooh! this sounds fun! i wanna play!

ok...so my shows: csi:ny(d/l and flack/angel), gossip girl(chuck/blair, nate/jenny), house(chase/cameron),veronica mars(veronica/logan veronica/lamb)

ed westwick is, like, my favorite! along with kristen bell.

love love love taylor swift....

oh. and twilight= the best ever

7. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

i'm in on this too!!

my fave shows are supernatural(love all the characters, but dean is my fave) and ncis(tony is my fave) and i have recently fallen in love with all things chris pine i also really love james dean and anything sleeping beauty.

8. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

This sounds like fun! :) I'm in!

Okay, my fave shows:
    -NCIS (I really like McGee! And Tony..and Ziva. Well I like them all, but McGee's my fave)
    -Law And Order:SVU (I love Elliot and Olivia, but they're all cool except Cragen. And all the ADA's except Alex Cabot)
    -Really like House. Cuddy's my fave character.
    -Criminal Minds is another fave of mine. Anyone on the current team rocks. Garcia and Reid are my favourites.
    -Phineas and Ferb lol. I don't know why but it's a pretty wicked show.

My favourite actor is Johnny Depp. Favourite actress is probably Sandra Bullock.

Music wise I love Lifehouse and Martina McBride.

I also love the game Kingdom Hearts. Axel is my favourite character :)

I also love frogs, New York City and the colour red. I also want to be an actress if that helps anyone.

9. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

oh yeah I'm in!! :D

Bands/Artists: Kelly Clarkson, David Cook, Adam Lambert, Daughtry, Paramore, Lifehouse, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga stuff like that.

Actress: Jennifer Aniston, Kristen Dunst, Kate Walsh.
    Actor: Christian Bale, Heath Ledger.

I also love fashion, stock, Twilight and anything Disney! :)

10. Hannah06_95

Hannah06_95 Police Officer

Ok I'm in!

My fave shows at the moment are:
    csi:ny
    casualty and holby city-all characters but i ship adam/jessica and faye/joseph and my fave holby character is maddie.
    Heroes-fave's are claire, peter, sylar and niki/jessica.
    primeval (yes i know i'm sad lol!)-i love the series 3 current team.
    Buffy- i ship buffy/spike but love all the character's except tara!

I love Beyonce and miley cyrus ( they are my fave singers!)

And i love twilight and the horse whisperer film!:)

11. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

I'm in, though I don't watch much TV.

Maybe something House:cool:

I knew that..hehe :)

Um... Gary Sinise, Mel Gibson, Hugh Laurie.

12. CSI_Kat

Linda - it doesnt have to be tv....it can be anything.....it can be singers, actors, movies, animals, scenic landscapes, sports, etc

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Okay, I guess I'm in for this one too. :lol:

Shows: Criminal Minds (Reid is my fave character and my fave ship is Garcia/Kevin [Kevin is played by Nicholas Brendon who was Xander on BTVS]);
    Supernatural (fave characters: Dean and Castiel- no ships though);
    Burn Notice (fave characters: Sam and Nate; fave ship: Michael/Fiona);
    The Invisible Man (sci-fi channel one)- Darien Fawkes is my fave, but all characters arefine (except Alex Monroe, didn't care much for her at all lol)- fave ship Bobby/Claire;
    BTVS -fave characters Giles, Xander and Riley- fave ships: Giles/Joyce, Buffy with Angel, Spike or Riley, Xander with Cordy or Anya, Willow/Oz;
    Mutant X -fave characters Jesse and Shalimar- fave ship: Brennan/Shalimar;
    Special Unit 2 - fave characters Jonathan and Nick- no ships;
    Leverage- fave character Elliot (aka Christian Kane)- no ships.

Cartoons: Jem & The Holograms, She-ra.

Actors: Bruce Campbell -fave characters of his are Ash (Army of Darkness/Evil Dead) and Autolycus (Xena/Herc) in addition to Sam (Burn Notice); Owen Wilson, Luke Wilson.

Music: Jon Bon Jovi and Nelson... (there are many more, but I already listed too much in the show category, so I'm gonna leave the music to just my two faves lol).

Other stuff: Unicorns/pegasus/pegacorn, dolphins, siberian huskies, white tigers, koala bears, shamrocks, dragons.

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Well count me in for this one as well! Woohoo!

Shows:
    Southland (fav. characters: Officer John Cooper, Officer Ben Sherman), Lost (fave characters: Ben Linus, Sayid) Rome (fav. characters: Ceasar, Marc Antony, Brutus)

Music: The Beatles, Gary Allan

Other stuff: quotes, purple, traveling, anything to do with Roman history, Civil War History, FDR, Snoopy

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  15. CSI_Kat

Participants

csifann1
    Dragonfly
    Adorable_Crazy
    Something_wicked
    dstined4gr8ness
    fo_poozzle
    Axelsonfire
    Shazza_018