Misc Fan Art Exchange-Summer 2010

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

It has been suggested that we have an exchange for the Misc Forum so I've decided to set one up so all you fantastic artist can take part. I'm snagging the the guidelines from the Fan Art Forum :)

What is a fanart gift exchange?

Well, it’s exactly what it sounds like! All participants will both make and receive a fanart gift. For those of you familiar with a ‘Secret Santa’, that’s basically what this is….

So here’s how this is going to work:

[1] Everyone who wants to participate must sign up. You can do this by replying to this thread.

[2] In your sign up post, you should also leave a short description of what you might like to receive. Keep in mind that these are only meant to be guidelines to help your gift-giver along. Keep it short and simple. If you also want to include a character that you don’t want included, that’s fine to, as long as you do so politely.
    [example]: My favourite show is NCIS and my favourite character is Gibbs. I'm not a fan of Supernatural. Got the idea.
    [3] I will keep an updated participants list at the end of this post. If you see that your name is missing, or that it’s on there and shouldn’t be, please let me know so I can fix it.

[4] When the sign-ups are finished, each participant will be randomly assigned another participant to make something for. You will be notified of who you’re making something for by PM (or by email if you are unable to receive PM’s)

[5] Once you know who you’re creating for, you can use their sign-up post as a guideline. You may make whatever you want. Icon, banner, wallpaper, some combination things, it’s up to you. If you know that they have a LJ, making something for that is a possibility as well.

[6] When you are ready to send it in, you have two options. If you want them to know who made it, you may send it to them directly. If you wish to be anonymous, you may send it to me, and I will pass it on to them.

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join!
    If there are any questions, please feel free to ask!

Participant List:
    Teddy Bear Dr
    Finch
    Shazza
    DetHiggins
    Joycie84
    Adorable Crazy
    GregNickRyanFan
    FallenForFlack
    Dragonfly
    fo_poozle
    Axelsonfire
    Blinded by Smoke

I'll let you know later how long I'm leaving signups open. It depends on when they start to slow down ;)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  2. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I'll sign up :D

My favorite shows:

Smallville - Favorite characters are Clark (Tom Welling) and Oliver (Justin Hartley)
    Supernatural - Favorite characters are Dean (Jensen Ackles), Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Castiel (Misha Collins)
    Psych - Favorite Characters are Shawn (James Roday), Gus (Dulé Hill)
    Bones - Favorite Characters are Hodgins (TJ Thyne) and Angela (Michaela Conlin)

Musicians:
    Dierks Bentley
    Keith Urban
    John Mayer
    Lady Antebellum
    Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert (together or apart)
    Carrie Underwood

Actors:
    Josh Hartnett
    Bradley Cooper
    Seann William Scott
    Josh Lucas
    Val Kilmer (preferably younger pictures)
    Luke Perry (preferably younger)
    Brian Austin Green

Size doesn't matter, but I'd like a mix of 140x140 and 100x100 if possible :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Oh, I'm totally in! :)

I'd love anything to do with:

Katie Cassidy, Misha Collins, Supernatural and/or even stock icons. Banners and wallpapers are also totally cool.

4. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Definately in! :)

I'd love some icons/banner/wallpapers (whatever size you like) of:

Adam Lambert, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, 3OH!3, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Lady Gaga, Megan Fox, David Cook, Hayley Williams (Paramore), Heidi Montag, Lauren Conrad, Andy Roddick (tennis player) or anything to do with Wimbledon, Vannessa Hudgens, Miley Cyrus, Stock & Fashion also an England/Football (soccer) World Cup icon would be great thanks! :)

That should keep someone busy :lol:

5. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

I'm in :D

I'd love some icons of NCIS. I love Tony/Ziva and just Tony. I also have a soft spot for Gibbs :D Thanks :)

6. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

This is a great idea! I'm in.

OK, some of my favorites:
    Show with favorite characters: CSI (Nick and Catherine), Supernatural (Dean, Castiel and Jo) , The Vampire Diaries (Damon, Alaric and Jenna) and Lost (Sawyer, Kate, Juliet, Claire and Hurley).

Actors/ Actresses: I love Robert Downey Jr., Natalie Portman, Tom Hanks, Naomi Watts, Charlize Theron, Rachel McAdams and John Cusack

Movies: The Shawshank Redemption, High Fidelity, Little Miss Sunshine and Brokeback Mountain are some movies I would like to have some fanart of.

Oh yeah, maybe I should mention that wallpaper making is my speciality. Icons and banners aren't really my thing.

7. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I'm totally in. :D

* I absolutely adore Stephen Fry, so would love some stuff to do with him.
    * Huge Glee fan too, Rachel and Finn are fave characters and ship.
    * Big James Bond fan, Daniel Craig, Sean Connery and Roger Moore are my faves.
    * Love anything Twilight - Taylor Lautner/Jacob Black esp. Ship Edward and Bella though.
    * I also love Frogs, Michael Bublé, George Clooney and anything to do with NYC. :adore:

I'd love some banners and icons, Walls would be awesome if you're up to it, 1280x800 please. :D

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  8. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Things pertaining to CSI should be directed to the Fanart Summer Gift Exchange ;)

9. Jacquie

could you leave that for the mods and the person selected to decide that ;)

10. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Sorry, I just don't see the point of having CSI shows and characters allowed in the MISC section, especially since a section especially for CSI has been created. I was just trying to help by sending that person to the right forum so they could get the icons that they wanted. I don't see why this forum should be any different, the csi fanart thread doesn't allow icons etc from things that do not pertain to CSI so I thought it would be the same here. I was only trying to help ... I guess I'll learn in the future not to step in when it's not my place.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  11. Jacquie

In case there was any miss communications about the art exchange, the exchange here is for anything that is not CSI related.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm in:

TV shows: Supernatural. Characters: Mostly Dean and Cas (Destiel is good too :) And Jensen with a guitar/singing is a plus, anything Misha is awesome), but I also love Sam and Gabe too (as separate characters, not as a pairing). Also, the brother duos of Sam/Dean and Gabe/Cas would be nice and the brother trio of Sam/Dean/Adam. I also like John Winchester, Bobby and Ellen. Bobby/Ellen as a pairing is great.
    I love the show Leverage, my favorite character is Elliot (Christian Kane- anything with CK is good whether its from Leverage or not- anything where he's singing/playing his guitar is great too).
    I love Burn Notice, favorite character Sam (Bruce Campbell- whom I adore- so anything BC is good) and Nate (Seth Peterson). Ship: Mike/Fiona.
    NCIS: Los Angeles, fave characters: Callen and Eric, pairings: Callen/Kensi and Eric/Abby (from the original NCIS).
    Criminal Minds- fave characters Reid, Garcia and JJ, but I love ALL characters/actors in the current cast (I prefer Rossi and Emily over Gideon and Elle) No ships.

Actors: Other than the ones that play the characters listed above, I love Owen and Luke Wilson. Andrew Lee Potts (from Primeval and Syfy's Alice mini-series- anything Hatter/Alice from that movie is good, but general ALP is cool too). Anthony Stewart Head.

Music: Jon Bon Jovi, Keith Urban, from AI: Casey (this season), Bo Bice, Michael Johns, Carly Smithson.

Animals: Dolphins, Unicorns/Pegasus/Unipegs, Tigers (white & black ones are my fave) and Siberian Huskies.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  13. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Count me in too!

Likes: The Monkees, Micky Dolenz, The Beatles, John Lennon, Vampire Diaries, Nash Bridges, Beauty and the Beast, Johnny Depp, Rescue Me, Dennis Leary, Bernie Kosar, John Elway, anything from about Quebec, Canada, Snoopy

Love doing these!

14. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I forgot to add that I totally love the footballer (Soccer player) Gerard Piqué. :adore:

15. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I'm in :D

Let's see... what do I like?

Supernatural (Love the brothers, but something with Castiel or Bobby would be great!)
    Any of Joss Wedon's shows (seriously, anything by him. The man is my hero :D)
    Doctor Who (New and Classic)
    Torchwood
    Legend of the Seeker
    True Blood
    Horses
    Dragonflys (obviously)
    Anything stock-ish

Love getting wallpapers (1280x800), but I'm probably due for an icon/banner change, so those are good too :D

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010