Misc Fan Art Challenges-Please Read!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I've been noticing that the participation for the challenges has been dwindling over the last several challenges and I'm wondering what we can do to fix the issue. I know there have been some family issues with some of the challenge runners so please lets not get into that. I have asked someone if they would like to run some challenges and I'm waiting on their reply.

Are we running too many challenges? If that is the case should we limit ourselves to one challenge a month? Do we need to take a break from the challenges every once in a while?

Are we not running themes that are interesting? What themes might you like to see?

Do you prefer movies or TV shows or a decent combination of both? Do you want current stuff or do you like the challenge of some older stuff?

Would you like to see themes based on only one actor/actress/character?

Would you like to see a challenge with a CSI actor in that's not a CSI show?

So what would you like to see happening in the Misc Fan Art Challenge. Lets hear what you have to say.

2. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Jacquie, a breaking or limit of one challenge a month might help.

When I was running the challenge I always asked for suggested and got some replies but not many.

The disney and some movie themes seem to be more popular than any other themes.

I think it's been a while since we got any beginners enteries and that's been an issue for quite so time, even though we've always encouraged beginners to enter.

3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I for one, don't enter as much as I used to, because frankly when Shazza ran the challenges, she was on the ball with voting and things. It's been two week since voting has been up and quite frankly that's way too long. So I don't enter as much as I used to because waiting 2 or more weeks for a winner is a bit much. It's not that hard to ask for help if you need it tallying votes, I do it in Misc Lims, it shouldn't be be any different in the challenges. I also feel that the challenges should be more varied, do something that everyone likes, not something that is a favorite show, movie etc of the runner (not calling names, but it does happen)

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Voting has lagged too. Only nine people have voted in the Toy Story one. And I only just voted now. I thought I did a while back, but I guess I didn't. :lol:

5. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

One thing I forgot to ask of everyone do you like me keeping everything in one thread for the challenges or would you like to have one thread per challenge??

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think everything in the same thread is great. :)

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

One page per thread was a bit much, I think having one thread is best.

8. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Yeah I agree, having it in one thread is better, saves time.

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Also, I would like to suggest that we have two (maybe 3) challenge runners, that way if one challenge runner is running behind, another could step in and pick it up. I feel that the communication on here is good, some challenge runners just don't think to ask for help when they need it. It's a lot better to ask for help, than to have the whole community suffer, as a lot of us look forward for the challenges.

Also, I don't know about other people. But * some * of the challenge runners have asked for suggestions, just to turn them all down and do something that * they * want to do. I've given a suggestion to "classic tv" once before and the challenge runner basically said something like "that's something I won't be doing, I'm not into classic tv, except for one show." If you're not going to keep suggestions in mind, don't ask for them, it's that simple. I myself have entered challenges that I knew nothing about the subject and to me those challenges challenge you more than anything, to be honest. Just the feeling of having a challenge runner that doesn't listen to suggestions nearly turns me away from entering.

Hope this doesn't upset anyone :)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010