Mid Season Report Card

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by allmaple, Dec 8, 2007.

1. allmaple

allmaple Judge

ok everyone, we are approaching the mid-way point of the csi seasons and are about to have a potentially longer than usually winter break. i thought it might be interesting if we all chimed in on how you think the seasons are going so far. even if you only watch one series, feel free to discuss it here since theres no other real place to discuss your feelings on the whole season.

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Nice poll Allmaple

I don't think much of Miami since it puts me to sleep! :eek:

New York I've enjoyed watching. This is the first season where I'm trying to watch every new episode and I really like the way they're going. The stories are interesting and the characters are interesting even though I sometimes have problems remembering who's who. :rolleyes:

CSI I thought was going pretty good until lately. Now that we're getting close to the end of the scripts that were written I think we're getting stories that were in need of a re-write and didn't get it. That's hurting them. The ideas are good and I've always liked the characters.

Susan

3. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I definitely agree with this comment. That is how I was figuring it as well. The scripts seemed rushed and like you said, missed out on the re-writing stage as the strike date neared, which is to bad in a way, because it is indeed hurting the show at this moment. But hopefully, things will work out for the writers, they get back to work soon and on a positive note, AND, they give 100% back into the scripts.

4. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

Thanks for the poll, allmaple.

CSI will always remain #1 for me, because it's the best of all three, IMO. The cast has hit their stride, and the cases have been great and thought-provoking.

Miami had a couple seasons where it was "can't miss" TV; now, I'll go to bed or watch something else. The eps seem to be re-treads and bore me. I hate that, because I want to like Miami. I'll catch it in repeats later in the season, but I'm not upset if I miss an ep.

NY is #2 in my book. It's still a couple rungs below the original, but it's working its way up the ladder. This season stalled on the 333 storyline. Honestly, I just wanted it to be over. I'm glad Flack and Adam are getting more screen time this season, and TPTB seem to be fleshing out the other characters. However, it's a large cast, and they could take a few lessons in sharing the wealth, script-wise and screen-wise, from their CSI counterparts. As for the cases, some of them just didn't impress me, and I don't know why.