Miami

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Mac&Adam Fan, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I saw this posted on another board and just wanted to ask.

Is Miami coming back for sure? Wonder if the poster got confused when AMC picked it up.

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

As far as I know, we don't usually hear about Miami's fate each year until pretty late in the television season, or even during summer hiatus. So far we know they've been green-lit for 19 episodes but I haven't heard any word here yet whether or not they'll be picked up for another season for sure. If someone has more info than me, I'm sure they'll speak up.

Judging by where SpoilerTV has them on their cancellation predictor (in the green this week, which speculates they're probably on the safe side for the moment--though they're inching pretty close to the 'in danger' zone again, which is where they were last year), my personal feelings are that they'll probably get picked up again but it could go either way depending on how things may/may not change later in the year. To be honest, I was expecting them to do way worse on Sundays than how they're currently fairing. :lol:

3. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I think CBS would announce if it was the last season...for all 3 CSI shows, not just Miami. I don't think they would just cancel such a long running series. Plus, there would be tons of buzz over "the final season of CSI: Miami" if they announced it before hand, like NBC did with Chuck.

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

No, I don't think CBS would. Plus, they didn't do that for CC and IMO it ended on a lousy note.

7th Heaven announced it would be on it's last season in season 10 then a few months later it came back.

5. Hardline Pro

Cold Case wasn't nearly as huge as the CSI series is though...

6. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

Cold Case was never really given a chance like the CSI shows were...IMO it was fair better than Miami but it was never shown the respect it deserved.
    I will say even though it wasn't official, the writing was on the wall with CC due to the fact they reduced the episode order, made some of the case miss certain episodes and moved it to a time slot of death AKA 10p.m. on Sunday.
    As for canceling the shows, many times networks won't let people know but if I had to hazard a guess..I would say NY isn't coming back next year..with Miami on a short leash as well.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

AMC picking up the reruns of Miami means more money for CBS. AMC has the rights to air Miami for two more seasons (should the show get two more). Again, this means more money for CBS. So, my guess is, Miami will be sticking around a bit longer. At least one more season if not two more. As for NY, it was almost canceled last season and it got even less episodes than Miami for this season, so it could once again skate by and narrowly miss cancellation or it could be done for. We'll have to wait and see.

8. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I think GNRF is correct--Miami has a good chance of coming back for another season. Football will be ending soon, so no more delays. I actually thought AMC airing repeats was a bad idea, but I've been watching them every night and enjoying some episodes I haven't seen in a long time. Plus, they're still on A&E, so I can still catch a repeat before I have to go to work. :cool:

No need to panic, Mac&Adam Fan--I believe Miami is safe. :)

9. Hardline Pro

What about basketball? :(

10. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I do think Miami is back but as for CSI NY..just my experience when a show is moved to a dead night and has its episode order reduced..not a good sign.

11. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

NBA (professional) basketball doesn't air on CBS. They do show college basketball games, though. Not a good chance of Miami getting interrupted by a b-ball game, unless its the Final Four championship in March.