'Miami' Takes The Top Spot In Viewers & The Demo

CSI Files

Captain
The latest episode of CSI: Miami, “Time Bomb”, earned first place in the 10:00pm hour on Monday, May 17. The penultimate episode of Miami’s eighth season pulled in 10.56 million viewers and a 3.0 rating/9 share in the key 18-49 demographic prized by advertisers. The season finale of Castle was second for the hour with [...]

More...

I'm surprised that Castle didn't beat Miami considering that it was the season finale for one but not the other...

I'm surprised that Castle didn't beat Miami considering that it was the season finale for one but not the other...

I am, too.

PI Feedback didn't call CSI Miami a loser, but it did tag Miami as "fading fast" and noted that it lost 56% of it's lead-in from The Big Bang Theory.

Castle actually picked up a substantial number of viewers from a very poor lead-in.

Next season should be very interesting if these two shows remain in their same time slots up against each other. I have a feeling Castle is going to claim victory pretty quick into season 9 if the focus goes where it appears to be going on Miami. :(

Actually Delynn Miami was 24% below lead-in BBT. I am not sure how this reviewer can call Miami fading fast when all he looks at are the total households. Miami won in the important 18-49 and viewers. Seems to be unnecessary bashing. Nobody is apparently watching at 10 p.m. Mondays. I did notice that NBA finals with Lakers were on at that time and they had very high viewership. That could be one explanation. I notice that NBC is placing a new Bruckheimer drama about US Marshalls on at the same time. Seems strange that Bruckheimer would want to compete with his own show. I am more concerned about this show than Castle.

CSI:Miami is fading as TBBT(which is CSI's lead in show) last night had 14.5 million viewers and a 5.5 in the 18-49,when Miami had 10.5 million viewers and a 2.9 in the important 18-49.

Back