'Miami' Hires New Coroner

CSI Files

Captain
<I>CSI: Miami</I> adds some "spice".<p>With <font color=yellow>Khandi Alexander</font> (Dr Alexx Woods) no longer on <I>Miami</I>, the show will welcome a new medical examiner this fall. <A class="link" HREF="http://www.zap2it.com/">Zap2It</a> reports that, like her predecessor, the new coroner will be a woman. The character will be in her late 20s to early 30s, but she is described as "wise beyond her years".<p>The new ME, Lauren Price, will not appear in the first episode of the show's seventh season. Instead, she is slated to make her debut in episode two. <I>Miami</I> is reportedly looking to cast a woman with "ethnic spice" for the role.<p>The premiere dates for the 2008-2009 season have been announced. <I>Miami</I> and <I>CSI: New York</I> will have their premieres on September 22 and September 24, respectively. <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I> will be delayed several weeks due to political debates. The <I>CSI</I> premiere will air on October 9, followed by the series premiere of <I>Eleventh Hour</I>.<p>The details about <I>Miami</I>'s new medical examiner are from <A class="link" HREF="http://blog.zap2it.com/korbitv/2008/06/quick-tv-fix-go.html">Zap2It</a>. The information about the premiere dates is from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.tvweek.com/news/2008/06/debates_delay_csis_fall_debut.php">TV Week</a>.<center></center>

The character will be in her late 20s to early 30s, but she is described as "wise beyond her years".
I suppose it's beyond the realms of possibility that they might actually cast somebody who looks as if she has the experience necessary to be an ME. Let's hope they at least get somebody who looks old enough to have graduated Med School.

Miami and CSI: New York will have their premieres on September 22 and September 24.

*facepalm*

That's not making up for the strike. Lies! All lies! :lol:

Oh yeah, since there's a new coroner, at least change the opening credits kay? I don't care if she's recurring, guest starring or a full-fledged member of the team. The credits are ugly and boring.

I'm sure their plans to start early were made before the possibility of an actors' strike came up. At this point, I'm just hoping we get a normal-length season next year, although a few extra episodes would be nice (as Lenkov hinted in his interview a little while ago).

Ceindreadh said:

I suppose it's beyond the realms of possibility that they might actually cast somebody who looks as if she has the experience necessary to be an ME.
Seriously. :rolleyes:

Then how come whenever I see brochures, there's a bunch of old guys wearing speedos? :( Okay, maybe those were retirement brochures.

I thought Miami was the place other states sent their elderly to. :lol:

The show seems to have a problem with age. Horatio better watch out.

Last edited:
well, it is supposed to be comic book style, so i never expect too much realism from miami. But yeah...it takes like 15 years from graduating high school to become a forensic pathologist...and that isn't a HEAD pathologist either...

Back