'Miami' Gets Fewer Viewers, Earns Series Low In The Demo

CSI Files

Captain
The most recent episode of CSI: Miami, “Blood Sugar”, aired approximately 30 minutes late on Sunday, December 12. According to the final ratings, the series pulled in 9.89 million viewers, which is down from the previous episode and marks the show’s lowest ratings since October 31. Miami also earned a series low 2.3 rating/6 share [...]

More...

This does not bode well at all for Miami. While I long rejected it but WOW! I'm very suprised that the viewership has plummeted this quickly. I knew moving it to Sunday night was a bad idea especially with NFL Football which is among the most watched programming in the U.S.

I mean, I wonder how many people would listen to Horatio's talking versus perhaps the next Green Bay Packers vs. Dallas Cowboys game? I mean, would one want to watch a 10-1 Packers vs. a 11-0 Cowboys?

Based on this, it is very likely, maybe even almost certain that the flagship Vegas show will end up outliving both it it's spinoffs and be the last one to go. Both Miami and New York have about a 66% chance of being gone at the end of their current seasons as of this writing.

I DO feel sorry for Miami fans a lot, and for a good chunk of NY fans too although a huge percentage of NY fans left when Melina left over the summer.

I have a bad feeling that the Vegas CSI will last only one or two more seasons after Marg Helgenberger leaves and then it's finished. :(

Both Miami and New York have about a 66% chance of being gone at the end of their current seasons as of this writing.

What's your source for that number?

ETA:
although a huge percentage of NY fans left when Melina left over the summer.

Again, where's your proof of this? NY averaged about 12 million viewers last season and is averaging about 10 million this season so far. That is not a HUGE drop and it can easily be explained by the move to Friday night.

Last edited:
I don't want to see any of them end, to be honest. This season has been amazing for all three, in my opinion. Miami has always been #1 in my book, but I used to enjoy NY more so than Vegas... but the last two seasons I've been SO into Vegas. And personally, I like NY better with Sella Ward.... I never thought it was possible, but she just... lit up the entire show for me!

I've been watching all 3 from the start of each series....

That being said, I honestly don't think CBS will cut TWO CSI shows in one season. Which of the two (NY or Miami) it will be, I have no clue. I'm still holding out hope they each have at least ONE season left....

:(

One still has to wonder though.....If this is the famous death slot - why put Miami there in the first place? If shows - throughout TV - history - cann´t compete with Football. Why not some sort of acceptaince and place some (sub) - cult show in the slot? Why place a top - show ? If top - shows failed that slot before???

If ratings in general are low during Football season then producers hopefully accept that at least until football in over or what?

Back