'Miami' Finale Earns Low Ratings After Late Start

CSI Files

Captain
CSI: Miami aired its tenth season finale on Sunday, April 8, and the final ratings are now available. “Habeas Corpse” pulled in 7.94 million viewers and a 1.7 rating/6 share in the key 18-49 demographic prized by advertisers. These numbers are down from the previous episode, but Miami started nearly an hour later in the [...]

More...

Well, if CBS does cancel it despite the fact that AMC bought the rights to two extra seasons, perhaps AMC will pick it up and have a new season on their station... which would mean no more sports delays.

Part of the ratings was also that a some of New England was without CBS starting at 7:35 on Sunday night! They just moved the transmittion gear on the tower and got it up and running yesterday afternoon!

AMC will pick it up and have a new season on their station...
Sounds great but has such a thing ever happend to any show? Could comebody give an example?

I know ION picked up Flashpoint and not only finished out the first run episodes for what was it's current season but renewed it for the next season. It all depends on the expence and if AMC thinks it's worth it.

Susan

I don't watch but I believe Southland was on NBC, then cancelled, and TNT(?) picked it up

It really isn't fair to the cast and crew of CSI Miami, that the show had to start so late I think they need to change it back to Monday nights. I do believe the ratings would have been alot higher had it started on time. They do relealize that people have jobs and have to work so that means sleep.

I was not surprised the ratings where lower. The last two episode were not nearly as good as the previous few. I hope it does come back, but I would not be surprised if it doesn't.

Back