'Miami' Chills Out

CSI Files

Captain
A former football champion is stabbed to death, and his final phone call might help the CSI: Miami team find the killer.

According to CSI Files sources, "Deep Freeze" begins with an early morning phone call. Doug McClain answers the phone and begins to have a conversation with the sultry female voice on the other end. The woman claims to have met him before. Doug doesn't recognize the voice, and he doesn't have a clue who the woman is, but he decides to go along with the game. She begins to ask him questions, wanting to know if he is still with his wife and what his most exciting experience was. When she questions his recent stay in the hospital, however, he realizes that something is up.

The woman admits that she works for the Miami Sun Times and that she is trying to update his obituary. Before the conversation can continue, the woman hears the phone drop and listens to strange sounds on the other end. Although she cannot see what is happening, Doug McClain is being murdered. Someone approaches him from behind and stabs a knife into his neck. Quick and effective.

Horatio approaches the house and meets Jake Berkeley, who fills the lead CSI in on the identity of their victim. McClain is a sports legend, and the media is swarming outside of the house. Alexx tells them that whoever killed Doug knew what they were doing. The volume and force of the arterial spray on the wall indicates that the knife went straight through his carotid artery. The blood gushed from his neck during his last three heartbeats.

There is no sign that Doug, a capable athlete, struggled against his attacker. To make matters more complicated, Alexx is informed that Doug's body is to be cryonically frozen. She argues that she has jurisdiction over his remains regardless of his fame, but Doug's wife hands her a court injunction. A judge is allowing this decision, so Alexx has no choice. She cannot perform a traditional autopsy, but she refuses to let Doug's body out of her sight--she will find a different way to get answers.

Calleigh processes the sill of the only open window in the room. With no sign of forced entry, she hopes to find fingerprints from their murderer here. She has no such luck. Jake comes over to see how she is doing and, ensuring that they are alone, makes a comment to her about how she left without him hearing that morning. Smiling, Calleigh claims to be maintaining a bit of mystery, but they quickly curb their flirtatious conversation when another person enters the room. Meanwhile, Alexx prepares to perform a virtopsy on Doug McClain using an MRI scanner and a CT scanner. She is determined to find out what happened to him. Elsewhere in the investigation, a tape of Doug's final telephone conversation could prove to hold the key to the case, and the team discovers that some of Doug's prized sports memorabilia has been sold to a collector.

Please note that the above plot details have not been confirmed by CBS, Alliance Atlantis or Bruckheimer Films, and until such time you should treat this information as you would any other rumour. The above information comes from early script drafts and the details of the episodes are liable to change before the episodes are shown.

"Deep Freeze" is expected to air October 22, 2007.<center></center>

Some of this was taken from that real case up here...darnit I don't remember who the player was. They even used the Sun Times name. Though I don't think the wife really was a reporter or anything.

No, the reporter is a different woman. ;) He's not talking to his wife at the beginning.

I'm not feeling this Jake and Calleigh relationship.

When they say Alexx can't perform a traditional autopsy.. what does that mean?

They don't want her to cut into his body. They want to freeze him so that, when science is ready, he can be brought back to life.

Or a big-ass hole in the carotid artery, Cein. :lol:

And yeah, sandersidle, people do get frozen like that. In fact, some places just freeze the person's head. I don't know where they're planning to get a new body from...

Faylinn said:
In fact, some places just freeze the person's head.
Been watching lots of Futurama lately?

From the Urban Legends Reference Pages:
Even Walt Disney grew increasingly interested in cryonics as his health waned in late 1966. But at the end, he was cremated.

Hehe, nah, I've never watched Futurama, but I saw something on a show about it once. ;)

Back