Mental

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by GregNickRyanFan, Jun 24, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Anyone else watching this? I really like this show. And the lead guy, don't know his real name, but he is gorgeous. The show is funny, witty and just all around great writing, acting, etc.

I loved the one where the little boy played video games in his head. Those were some good graphics for a tv show.

2. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I love this show too! I lot of people call it a House rip-off, and there are a lot of elements that are similar to House, but I still think it is unique and interesting. The lead actor is great. I love that smirk he always seems to have. I also love that, unlike House, the show is more about the patients than the doctors.

The one with the boy was my favorite, too. I also liked last weeks with the movie star. It was pretty funny when Jack started clapping. Can't wait for Tuesday.

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

According to IMDB, Chris Vance plays Doctor Jack Gallagher. He was born in London, England, and appeared in 14 episodes of Prison Break and 54 episodes of All Saints (Australian series). among other tV and movie work. He is 37 years old and 5 feet 11 inches (1.80 m) tall.

4. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks, Dave. I kept meaning to look it up on imdb and the addled brain doof that I am, I kept forgetting. :lol: So, thanks for posting that info. :)

5. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I am loving this show. Chris Vance is :drool::drool: and so is Nicolas Gonzalez, its just such a shame that this show hasn't been given a chance.

6. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I agree--why do so many people hate it? What I've heard is that people think it's a House-copy cat. Guess what? It is! And that's okay. House was the number 1 viewed show in the world, this year. Mental changes the game just enought to make it a great show on it's own. I really like seeing the mental disorders from the patient's perspectives. Oh ya, and Dr. Jack's smile...:drool:

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Heh, it's just offices or the whole set reminds me so much about House! But yeah, it is different and looks good so far! But what kind of show starts in this time of the year? Srsly?

8. GregNickRyanFan

I think it's good to give people something new to watch during the summer. There are only a few other new shows on in summer. Among them are Burn Notice, In Plain Sight, Royal Pains, Psych and for one more season, Monk which are all on USA. Then there's Army Wives over on Lifetime. TNT's Leverage is supposed to start its second season next week. But these are all on cable channels. Other than reality shows, Mental is the only show I know of on a regular network that is on new during the summer.

9. Ducky

Yeah but does so much people watch tv?
    Better Off Ted continued after a short break with rest of its first season episodes, after ABC announced it will continue to it's 2nd season.

Anyways, last episode confuzzled me a bit - in the end, I wasn't sure did the trial happen at all :p was rather strange jump.

10. GregNickRyanFan

I missed the last ep cause I didn't realize it had moved to Fridays. :lol:

11. Ducky

Anyone heard if they do another season? Even they I think it was left to spot where is no going back - at least with the rest of the cast. But who knows, hopefully it gets 2nd season