Mendelsohn Shares Details About Vassey's Exit

CSI Files

Captain
As CSI Files previously reported, Liz Vassey (Wendy Simms) will be leaving CSI: Crime Scene Investigation because her contract option was not picked up for another season. Showrunner Carol Mendelsohn offered a teaser about how the show will explain the character’s exit and what it means for Wendy’s coworker and love interest David Hodges (Wallace [...]

More...

While Wendy (Liz) leaving is a letdown, I'm glad CSI is letting the character wrap up rather than just leave her hanging unknown like Sofia. Also some Hodges emotion other than smug/akward is always welcome as Mr. Langham is such a great actor.

I can live with this.

I agree with you phantomscreams.We need a closure with Wendy's character.I'm so happy she will be in the second episode!

Sorry, Carol. I do not think fans will be "satisfied", no matter how you wrap it up. Just glad to see that maybe Hodges will get to express some of the frustration the fans are feeling.

Sorry, Carol. I do not think fans will be "satisfied", no matter how you wrap it up. Just glad to see that maybe Hodges will get to express some of the frustration the fans are feeling.

I agree on the above... (in case tptb are doing research among the various forum's ;) )

Yeah, sorry... I don't really care *how* you have the character leave... I'm still not pleased. The fact that she's being given an exit just sounds, at the moment, like they're trying to make up for the irritation that's come out if this termination. And it's not going to work for me; sorry.

I have to agree with all that has been said thus far. No amount of on screen "closure" will do it for me. She is a well loved character AND actress and shouldn't have had to suffer this fate to begin with. I also hope that the anger/frustrations that Hodges is suppose to express lasts longer then just one scene in one episode.

I am sad to see Wendy go,but I like that they are taking time to give her a decent exit.I also prefer Hodges alone instead of Wedges so I am looking forward to his future storyline.

Back