Mendelsohn Sells Crime Drama To CBS

CSI Files

Captain
According to The Hollywood Reporter, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation executive producer Carol Mendelsohn just sold a new crime drama to CBS. The project is currently untitled, but it is based on the Jane Whitefield suspense novels by Thomas Perry. The six book series centers around the titular Jane Whitefield, a half-white, half-Native American woman who [...]

More...

I've been noticing it, too. Especially from the folks at CSI (past and present). Naren Shankar has one in the early stages (based off The Harper Connelly Mysteries) and I think Anthony Zuiker is planning on adapting one of Robert Ludlum novels.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Carol's show will be like. I just wish Hollywood would stop with the sequels and adaptations. :rolleyes:

I agree that it's all starting to sound like more of the same, but I am curious about this one since it centers around a multi-racial woman. I've never read the books, but it could be interesting to see the Native American aspects of the show - you don't see it much on these types of shows unless it's related to the crime of the week.

Back