Meeting AJ Buckley

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MichelleK, May 12, 2008.

1. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

OK guys I'm back from the weekend!!

AJ was absolutely amazing! When we arrived on the Saturday morning the first thing the announcer said was that AJ was still on the plane! My heart was in my mouth. He had apparently left the CSI studio but he got called back to re - shot and by the time he had finished he hadten minutes to spare when he finally got on the plane.
    I was stood outside getting fresh air when he arrived and my god he was so lovely. He went straight to his room and was back down to start signing his autographs.
    As he came down he walked past me and said hello and asked how we were! I swear I almost passed out.
    On the Saturday night we all presumed he would go to bed early but he went out partying in Birmingham and he even got up at 6am to go for a run.
    On the Sunday he did a join chat with Travis (Ed in Supernatural) and I have never laughed so much. The two of them together were hilarious. He was just so funny and even though he looked tired he got the biggest cheer of the day
    Next up were the photos. I were so nervous but as soon as he said hey I was like HI! The photographer said to Travis that I didn't want him in the picture and as he skipped off he accidentally kicked me!! He was so apologetic and sweet about it.
    During the photo AJ hugged me and my hand accidentally landed on his ass. Ii didn't mean it too but I was like ooohh!
    I bought a ticket for AJ's coffee lounge which was 20 people and AJ. During the chat we could hear Travis so AJ ordered us to grab our chairs and drinks and we marched around the hotel trying to find his room. AJ was so funny in the coffee room, he was really tired and kept eating crisps and chocolate and drinking red bull.
    He said he loves playing pratical jokes, loves to ski dive and is just about to do a solo jump. He is the oldest of 9 brothers and sisters and he has several tattoos.
    He also said he hopes to stay in CSI for as long as they will have hi.
    After a group photo I approached him with the fan project. He said he already knew about it and was genuinely overwhelmed that we were doing a second one so soon after the scrapbook.
    I wrote Fay's name as co-writer and he said he thinks he remembers you, you went to lunch with him.
    He gave me a hug and said thank you so much and to tell everyone he loves them and he loves the support we give him.
    On the Saturday most of the guests signed around 400 autographs and then were doing the rest on Sunday. AJ was such a tropper on Sunday afternoon alone he signed 1500 autographs in 5 hours. He was an absolute trooper and nothing seemed too much for him. He was absolutely amazing.
    When I went to get his autograph he remembered me and said thank you again, he read the book and personally wanted me to thank whoever drew the picture of AJ (I'm so sorry I forgot who it was). He said it was incredible.
    I got another hug and he again thanked me and signed my autograph thanking me for the book and all the love.

At the end of the event they bought all the guests up on stage, AJ was fairly drunk by this point, and he got the loudest cheer of the event.

He was absolutely amazing during the whole event,
    Thank you guys for all participating in the fan project. I really do appreciate that you guys did it for him.

I will post pics and autographs when I upload.

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Great start Chelle...'Ok' :lol:
    EDIT: Ooo its fixed...Im going to read it now :D

EDIT: Wow Chelle that was great and it sounds like you had so much fun [as we knw you would] You dont sound like you've got over it though :lol:

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  3. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

Did anyone ask him anything wierd?

You don't sound like you've recovered yet... you are in AJLust! :drool:

I thought of who else I missed off that list of who you prefer him too, does he know beat Greg/Eric? :p

4. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Yeah they were all asked Pirates or Ninja's!
    Umm they asked him what super powers he would want?

I have kinda recovered but I do actually love him!!! I really do him!

The funniest story AJ told was that, when they are filming Supernatural Jensen has a habit when he carrying the shotgun, during intense scenes he likes to shove the gun up the butt of the actor. HAHA!!
    AJ was the prankster on the set!

Also there was one time when Jared was really annoyed with AJ and he just picked him up with one arm and just ran off with him. The PA's were all like put AJ down now!!!

5. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Awwww, sounds like an absolute blast, Michelle! :D Glad you had such a great time! It sounds like you got to spend a lot of time with AJ. :D Can't wait to see the pics! :D

That's a big family! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sweet, he's obviously still reading the site! :D So cool. Glad he knew about it in advance.

Whoops! :eek: That was actually me. :eek: But I brought up Fay and the first project at lunch (for the interview I did with him a couple of months back), so maybe that's what he meant.

Awww, how awesome! :D Were there any fellow CSI: NY fans there, or was it mostly just Supernatural fans?

:lol: That's awesome!

7. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Aww wow Michelle, sounds like you had an amazing time, I am so annoyed that I wasn't able to write a letter for him. :( School was just so busy that I didn't get a chance to, now I'm really annoyed about it. :( I can't wait to see your pics and stuff... And you put your hand on his ass... :lol: I would have passed out... :lol:

8. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Top - I'm sorry he seemed to recognise Fay's name and he asked if that was the lady who he had lunch with - sorry!!
    There didn't seem to be any other crazy NY fans there - everyone was just Supernatural so the actors who are full time in that got more attention.
    He was just hilarious!

Sam - he was caught by the gun more than once so he said.
    Some of the pranks played included: Putting piles of cow manure in front of each others trailers, winding up one of the PA's who had been slagging of the hair and make up lady for around 20 minutes by saying the driver was actually the ladies husband.
    He did an impression of Jared which had me laughing for ages!!

Also the scene where AJ 's character calls Jared chisel chest took so many takes to do because it was an ad-lib and they were all laughing so much.

AJ and Travis are in talks with Eric Kripkie to do some webisodes for Supernatural next season and they may return again.

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Hahaha! I was like "I had lunch with him? WHY DO I NOT REMEMBER THIS?" :lol:

There are far worse people to be confused with than Kristine. ;) Who loves ya, babe? (I'm guessing he remembers my name because I organized the scrapbook, but who knows. Maybe he actually met someone named Faylinn and got confused. :lol:)

I'm glad to hear he was such a great guy--he really seems like the type of actor that you love more when you know more about him, rather than being disappointed (which is sooo common with Hollywood people).

Copping a feel, I'm shocked! :eek: (*high five!* :lol:)

That would be sweet! :D :D :D

It sounds like you had a blast, Michelle, and I'm glad to hear it was a lot of fun! I've never been to a convention like that, but it seems like it would be a great experience. :D

Aww! ^_^

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Awww, right back at you, hon! :D I just think AJ needs to get his gals straight. :lol: We need to let him know he owes you a lunch. :D *waggles eyebrows*

Definitely true of AJ. He's a very cool guy.

11. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: :lol: :lol: Fay, have you been hiding something from us?!

Awww, AJ sounds like an absolute cupcake. :D Can't wait to see the pictures!

12. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

Obviously Chad (Lindberg) and AJ have never worked together but did they do the talk together?

Both CSI:NY geeks on the same stage.... I think I would have died! hehe! Did you get to talk to Chad at all? Did you ask him if he would ever come back to CSI:NY (not that I want him too steal AJ's screen time but it would be kind of fun to have them together...)

Funny, but NASTY!
    How did they transport them?... :wtf:
    I don't expect you to actually know that level of detail just wondering.

Re: Chisel Chest... I did wonder if that was an Ad-Lib as they very rarely make out and out "Body Compliments" on Supernatural especially in Jensen's direction. Dean took it well. HAHA!

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Aww, sounds like you had a great time Michelle. It really doesn't surprise me that AJ is such a nice guy, everything I've read about him suggests he's lovely and funny. :lol: :D It does sound like he was exhausted though, and I'm not surprised, travelling all that way for the weekend straight after working must be really tiring.

That sounds very interesting indeed. :D

14. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Yeah I surprised myself when I copped a feel but high fives right back!!!

Chad and AJ were talking together at the end of the Sunday afternoon. It was really strange though because apart from the obvious actors knowing each other the others had no clue who each other were.
    Chad actually had the character on NY written for him, he never auditioned - he said he was over playing geeks and NY was an amazing experience and don't be surprised if he makes a return to Supernatural.

He said they transported the manure from nearby fields with shovels and it absolutely stunk. Eww!!

I know I keep saying it but he was an absolute hero on the Sunday - just chatting and signing autographs. He had a pen fight with Travis and he ended up with a star drawn all over his face. He also started throwing candy around the room and it hit on the female actors in the face. His face was priceless.

15. althea

althea Lab Technician

I am so glad you had so much fun and glad it all worked out out fine. Can't wait to see the pictures.