LV: Coffee Shop

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Waiting, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

This fic is dedicated to my all time favorite ship that just elicites a bond so deep. FOR THE LOVE OF CATNIP!

Warning: I do not own any of the characters... wish I did because I would so make catnip come out of the closet.

Summary: What if they met before they were CSIs, and met in a lonely coffee shop?

CoFfeE sHoP

It was early, and the sun had not shed its glowing rise over the city of Las Vegas. It was an unusually beautiful sunrise, but that was the last thing that was on Nick’s mind as he gently opened the door to his favorite coffee shop.

There she was sitting alone as she lingered over an article of some kind. So caught up in her reading, she had failed to notice as he entered daily just to see her. She was so beautiful, light freckles dusted over her pale skin with eyes that held such a captivating hue of blue. Or was it green? Perhaps it changed with what she was wearing. All he knew was she was the one. She had captured his attention from the moment he saw her sitting in the same very chair only weeks before. Her seat never faltered as she indulged herself next to the same window. Her reflection always gleaming as he stared on in absolute amazement laced with intrique.

Sitting before her was an iced coffee, unlike her usual hot blend of choice. Wearing a soft light green sweater, his eyes seemed to swim in it as she took in a deep breath. Even if he tried, it was impossible for him to break his stare as his eyes lingered on the small freckle above her lip. She held him in captivity as her hand glided briefly through her golden hair. He didn’t understand memorization until his eyes fell upon her. Losing his self of balance was very real as his focus shifted ever so slightly to her beautiful mouth. A mouth he dreamed of kissing so softly. A mouth he desperately wanted to claim his territory over. His thoughts were suddenly interrupted as she unexpectedly looked up at him causing him to stir in a world of awe. He witnessed on in amazing clarity when her plush lips searched delicately for the straw as her mouth tilted in an upwards shy smile. His heart pounded ferociously as her incredible eyes met his, and he swore his world just stopped.

Damn if she wasn’t even more breathtaking as he gulped for air with his adams apple wobbling as he swallowed. Then it was gone without a moment of hesitation as she looked back down, and his feet remained planted firmly in place as his mind willed him to move closer to her. To take this chance, a moment of treasured bliss would be worth denial or anything else she could throw at him.

Walking to the counter, he nearly ran into a rack as he continued to be lost only in thoughts of her. Ordering the name of his drink backwards, he chuckled as he closed his eyes in embarrassment. Time seemed to play a game with him as he waited for his coffee as it felt amazingly long, but the moment he walked his way back over to her it felt unnervingly not enough.

Falling hard was something he thought he had felt before, but as his eyes wondered down her face he knew this was what falling felt like. It wasn’t a simple fluttering of the heart, but a pang he felt deep inside as he continued to look at her. It was now or never as he stared at the empty seat in front of her.

Taking his chances, he quietly pulled the chair out and took a seat. Her eyes fluttered up then back down only to immediately find their way back up to him in confusion. Mouth opening in shock, her eyes widened as his lips softly found hers. His heart beat quickened as he pressed more firmly against her lips, and lightly darted his tongue teasingly on her lips before gently sucking her bottom lip through his mouth.

Reluctantly ending and pulling away from the kiss, the flustered tint on her cheeks failed to go unnoticed by him as his hand lightly cupped her chin before he slowly stood back up. Her mouth opening yet again, she sat motionless as her eyes searched his for some kind of reasoning behind the kiss. Smiling down at her, he let go of her hand that he had not realized he was holding before he walked out of the coffee shop.

"Coffee Shop"
    By~ Landon Pigg

I think that possibly, maybe I'm falling for you.
    Yes there's a chance that I've fallen quite hard over you.
    I've seen the paths that your eyes wander down,
    I want to come too.

I think that possibly, maybe I'm falling for you

No one understands me, quite like you do,
    Through all of the shadowy corners of me.

I never knew just what it was about this old coffee shop
    I love so much.
    All of the while, I never knew.
    I love so much.

I think that possibly, maybe I'm falling for you.
    Yes there's a chance that I've fallen quite hard over you.

I've seen the waters that make your eyes shine,
    Now I'm shining too.

Because, oh because,
    I've fallen quite hard over you.

If I didn't know you, I'd rather not know.
    If I couldn't have you, I'd rather be alone.

I love so much.
    I love so much.

All of the while, all of the while,
    And it's you.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  2. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

i like that song, you should post it in catnips soundtrack thread :) You so better continue this :D

3. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

~ I love reviews!!! So give me, give me! I hope you are all enjoying it! ~

Turning around briefly, he noticed that she was now standing with a look of awe written on her reddened delicate face before she ran outside. Her chest heaving, he watched as she let him walk away. Her hair softly blowing in the wind was the last that he thought he would see of her that day. An image that he could not erase from his mind, her lips kiss swollen as her chest heaved from what he assumed was a mixture of excitement and nervousness.

Now here he was interviewing for a crime scene investigators position with LVPD, and suddenly felt incredibly delusional. He swore he saw her turn the corner only a few yards from him. Shaking his head, hoping to clear it he quickly stood as he heard his name being called. How ironic was it to be interviewing with a man named Brass? Well he was now standing before him, and Brass seemed to signify everything about his own name. Strong. Sturdy. Brawny.

The interview went surprisingly well, and as he stood to leave that was when he heard the sweet laughter. His heart slammed in his chest as he saw her through the partially closed blinds to Brass’ office. She was smiling at something a colleague had said as she gave him her undivided attention. Closing his eyes, the idea of jealousy was ludicrous to him as he swallowed a lump of it.

Quickly focusing his attention back on Brass, he shook his hand firmly and confidently told Brass he would be waiting to hear from him. Being that it was his first time in the station, he ended up directionally challenged and walked down the wrong hall. Turning quickly he immediately collided with her. Settling his hands along her waist, to steady them from falling only sent an electric tingling wave up his spine. Her hand reactively reached out grabbing his arms as her mouth opened yet again as she recognized the person before her. This time however she seemed to have her wits about her as her cheeks flushed once again.

“Are you going to plant one on me here as well?” Her voice a low whisper caused his eyes to shut as the sound of her sultry voice echoed through his head. He knew then that this was the icing on the cake or the confirmation that he really didn’t need. He had already fallen for her. The squeezing of her hands on his arms forced him to reopen his eyes catching a small smirk before it left her face. He watched as she shyly pushed a few of her bangs from her eyes as she moistened her lips with her tongue.

His hands lingered a bit longer than necessarily before he reluctant let go as he cleared his throat at the same time. Looking at her vest, he finally gained the upper hand as he witnessed her last name that was professionally sowed on. “It was a pleasure, Ms. Willows,” he whispered as he grinned shamelessly. Again he left her in his quake with confusion written on her face.

Loving the winning conquest that he felt with her, he jogged to his vehicle as he laughed at the irony of running into her here of all places. Law enforcement was known to be mostly a man’s world, and this dainty woman had managed to web her way into it. If his interests could have been piqued further they definitely were now.

Closing himself off into the world of his car, he was looking forward to seeing her yet again in the lonely coffee shop that he was blessed to stumble upon. Significant as it was, he was far from feeling lonely.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Good to see another story from you :) Great work.

5. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Quit teasing me! More soon, please!

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

lol you know you like it, Lynnie <g>

7. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

Im loving this so far, darn you, you're turning me into Catnip love so baddly.
    Please, continue this soon...

8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

This is SOOOO cute. I really like it. And you are turning me into a Catnip fan as well. :D

Is there more?

Great job! :thumbsup:

9. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

Aww this is really cute! You are a very good Nick ;) You write him so well.
    No need to turn me into a CatNip fan, I already am :D
    More soon please!!!