Looking for a certain episode

skittler

Civilian
I'm doing a powerpoint presentation for my ochem class that is related to soil forensics. I was thinking of showing a videoclip of csi. Can anyone suggest certain episodes where it shows the csi team analyzing soil evidence?

Soil forensics?? Do you mean analizing the actual soil or analizing something found in the soil? (But im guessing you mean the first?)

Ok, I did a quick Google search to try to find something relevant, and I came across several possibilities. I don't know which ones (if any) actually show them doing the analysis, but anywho:

7.22 "Leaping Lizards" (original CSI)--"Soil in the apartment matched soil found around Connors' ranch...Greg and Catherine find the same soil from Chyna's carpet on the tires of Clarissa's car."

6.10 "Still Life" (original CSI)--"Warrick, Sara and Greg return to Karen's house with soil probes to search for Jesse's body...Analysis of the soil reveals an organic compound and traces of Olanzapine--the anti-psychotic prescribed to Karen."

2.22 "Stealing Home" (CSI:NY)--"Vackner denies involvement, but soil and bark from the tree next to where Sara was killed put him there."

I hope one of those will work, or that someone else can come up with something. I can almost see a scene in my head where there's something going on and there's a close-up of a shoe as the foot turns, leaving some soil on the floor. I don't know which episode that was, or which show, but anyway--I hope you can find an episode with a good clip of the actual analysis. :)

Episode Title: 'Pirates Of The Third Reich'
Episode Number: 615

You can also try this Epi, it has the CSI's investigating different soils, from plants, and the ground. This epi does show them analyzing the soils, and talking about the chemicals found.

I hope this helps. LMH

there is another one, but i cant for the life of me figure out which episode it was. in season 4, nick had to look into an old case of a woman who disappeared. her sister comes forward and says she was murdered. the body was burned and i think they look at the soil for any trace but because of weather conditions everything was washed away.

it was a secondary case, so looking through all the descriptions of season 4 episodes i couldnt find it. maybe someone else will know the name

eta: the episode is eleven angry jurors. man, that has been bugging me all morning :lol:

Back