Location filming in New York

Bad_Bishop

Rookie
My impression from this season is that CSI:NY is doing more filming in NYC than ever before. Either that, or they're doing a fantastic job faking all the NYC skyscrapers, streets and alleys. Is the production really spending more time there? And where is the main lab set located--NY or Hollywood?

The main set is in LA. Not sure if they're going to NY more often, I always try to pay attention to details and locations but I have to agree, they're really good at selling LA for the big Apple. ;)

^ They really are... but I would suspect with the winter season coming up, more would be done in NY since it does snow there after all.

Not necessarily. I believe the "Tanglewood" scene with the footprints in the snow was filmed in LA. :lol: It's probably cheaper to make snow for a set than it is to film in NY. ;)

Ah you're killing my image of CSI actually being filmed in NY :lol: *sigh* fake snow... that's all I get... fake snow...

Law & Order and its spinoffs film in NY. CSI:NY, NYPD Blue, McCloud, and some other series just went once or twice a year for a few exterior shots that would cover several episodes.

Well, I do know Vegas goes 4 times a year. Though the set crew must be really good 'cause they do make NY look like they're really in NY.

Faylinn said:
I believe the "Tanglewood" scene with the footprints in the snow was filmed in LA.
Right. Listened to Zuiker's commentary, and yes: fake snow :rolleyes:

I think they mostly shoot in LA, but get out to New York as much as they can and make the most of the time they have in New York. I have noticed them use some of the same shots of the city in more then one episode.

They go to NY 2-3 times a year. I'm not sure when they last went, though. They were there at the beginning of the season to shoot scenes from the first 3 or 4 eps.

Back