List of episodes actually filmed in Miami?

neworder

Victim
Hi there! I'm new here, getting into CSI Miami quite a lot. Although they hide the fact that it's filmed in LA quite well, I do prefer the episodes that are filmed in Miami much more due to authenticity and I'm a Miami Vice fan so I love seeing Miami locals.

I was wondering if anyone has a list of episodes that are filmed entirely or partially in Miami? The general theory has been Season starts and finales that are filmed in Miami but in Season 2 quite a few episodes are filmed in Miami as well as the start and finale.

So yeah anyone got a list of all the episodes filmed in Miami? Cheers.

I know that part of From The Grave (season 4 ep. 1) was filmed in Coral Gables which is right beside Miami. I think they used the same place for Lost Son.

in interviews they say they film the first episode and the season finale in Miami, the rest is in LA. That's all I know :)

^ That's true and I alot heard that they fly there a few times a year to film some scenes. I ALWAYS go to Florida at the wrong time, so no chance of seeing them, and I go to Florida every year since i was seven.

Fun fact: Burn Notice is actually filmed in Miami. I guess now we know why H never shows up to investigate Michael: the team's actually closer to Grissom's HQ!

I wish that I knew. -cries-
I would like to know also. I just know that only part of some episodes are filmed in Miami and the rest in LA. Although I'm not entirely sure if a full episode was ever filmed in Miami. I would love to be proved wrong!!(I really can't tell the difference between LA and Miami seeing as how I've never been exposed to neither) xD

A local radio deejay used to live in Miami and once had a small role in an episode of Miami Vice, so he watches CSI: Miami to try to see old stomping grounds (which might be very rare).

After living in South Florida for two years, there are definitely some scenes where I look at it and say, "They don't have palm trees or yards like that in Florida!"

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah you definitely can tell, the palm tree's are different, the sky is often too clear when compared to Miami Vice episodes which usually had large thunderous clouds building in the background, building architecture is different, marina's different lol the list goes on...i still enjoy CSI Miami I just really wish it was filmed more in Miami.

Some of the episodes that were shot in and around Miami are:

Golden Parachute
Body Count
Innocent
Lost Son
From the Grave
Kill Switch
Born to Kill
Dangerous Son.

To the best of my knowledge, all of Season 6 except for Dangerous Son and all of Season 7 were shot in and around Los Angeles.

Most overheads are shot by separate crew in Florida at various times throughout the filming season.

Back