Lips Of An Angel (H/Y)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Hrockz, May 7, 2007.

1. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Disclaimer: I don't own CSI:Miami of any of its characters. Song lyrics from Hinder.
    Summary: Warning this isn't gonna be the like the previous two fics I wrote. It's the angsty H/Y fic I've talked about writing. I was inspired by one of my fave songs 'Lips Of An Angel' by Hinder.
    Setting: This is set some time late season 4. Horatio is in Miami with Marisol and Yelina in Rio with Ray Sr.

Honey why you calling me so late?
    It's kinda hard to talk right now.

The sound of his cellphone ringing jolted Horatio out of his sleep. He sat out of bed, reaching for his cellphone. He had expected it to be a call informing him that the night shift was swamped and he had to mobilize his team and head for crime scene. He did not recognize the number displayed. Not wanting to wake his sleeping girlfriend, Marisol he walked out of the bedroom with his cellphone.

He flipped open his cellphone and put it to his ear. “Caine.”

There was a pause before the person on the other side of the line spoke, “Horatio.”

Horatio recognized the voice instantly. His heart missed a couple of beats. He had been trying to forget that voice and face for the past year. Now the familiar pain and longing gnawed at his heart. He whispered her name. “Yelina…”

Honey why are you crying? Is everything okay?
    I gotta whisper 'cause I can't be too loud

He could tell from her tone of voice she was crying. It broke his heart. His concern was for Raymond and Ray Jr. Had something happened to them?

“… is everything ok?” Horatio asked, still in a whisper.

“Yes,” came the reply much to Horatio’s relief. “I’m sorry to trouble you this late, I know you have – “

“No.” He interrupted her, “No trouble. I’m here for you.” Those words sounded hollow to him. How could he promise her that when he had sent her off to Brazil with his brother despite his deep feelings for her?

Well, my girl's in the next room
    Sometimes I wish she was you
    I guess we never really moved on

Horatio has spent the past year trying to bury the feelings he still harboured for Yelina. She could never be his. She is his borther's wife. He had tried going out with other women but they never seemed to come close to Yelina. Marisol had been insistent on going out with him initially, and with time she had grown so dependant on him. He felt an obligation to look affter her. He knew that he was with her more out of compassion than love, but he had grown to be used to trying to make her happy. He still caught himself wishing that she was Yelina but he often banished the thought convincing himself that Yelina was happy in Rio with Raymond. Perhaps he had been wrong and Ray had gone back to his old ways.

It's really good to hear your voice say my name
    It sounds so sweet
    Coming from the lips of an angel
    Hearing those words it makes me weak

“Horatio…” she said his name again. It was good to hear her call his name again. He felt his knees go weak and he had to sit on the couch. “… I need to see you.”

Horatio could not turn down such a request. “I could be on the next flight out –“

“I’m in Miami.” Yelina corrected him. “On the beach where we always went to take our walks after work.”

“I’m on my way.” Horatio said, hanging up the phone, his heart racing in his chest.

Ok that's all for now... but stay tuned for more.
    To the crazy task force from my old fic, feel free to do to Marisol and Ray Sr what you guys did to Stetler :lol:

2. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

Aww Hrockz! A new fic is just what I need. :) I think I've caught whatever it was that you had, so now I'm home in bed going on 1 week... :(

Ay ay captain! *Starts rallying task force* Come on people! We have work to do. :devil:

3. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

I like it. I knew Marisol was just a sorry excuse for a replacement for Yelina the entire time. Can't wait to read more! :)

4. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

*takes out bazooka*

You need me to takeout someone? *har har*

Whoei a new H/Y story jeeeeeej

5. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

*reads* Aww....

I LOVE how you got the story to go along with the song. REAly quite beautiful really. :) :( I hope for another update soon. :D

6. HoratioandYelina

HoratioandYelina Rookie

Awww, I love it already :)

*sitting outside Yelina's house in Brazil, with gun aimed on Ray Sr* Hmm, you read my mind... :lol:

7. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

YES! New H/Y fic, I'm right about Marisol/H being more for her well-being than his, AND a great song! AND. they'll see each other again! Hrockz, you rock! *grabs bazookas and pistols* Let's go, ladies!

8. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Lunalove I didn't know these things were contagious over the net, hope you feel better soon.

We're gathering our weapons of mass destruction aren't we? Don't hit any innocents! :p

Ok back to our story:

And I never wanna say goodbye
    But girl you make it hard to be faithful
    With the lips of an angel

As Horatio sped down the highway towards the beach, his thoughts went back to the day he and Yelina parted. She had thought she was going away with him, but he had let her go with Ray. It had hurt tremendously to say goodbye, it was not something he had wanted to do. Especially after she had hugged him. She was physically so close to him, he knew he could not afford to put his arms around her, for he was sure once he knew what it was like to have her in his arms, he would never let go.

And now almost a year later, he was about to meet her again. He had missed her terribly and the thought of seeing her face again filled him with anticipation and joy.

He parked his car by the pier. He got out and scanned the area. He spotted her in the distance, the sea breeze playing with her hair. The image of her made him want her more than he thought possible. He took slow measured steps towards her.

It's funny that you're calling me tonight
    And, yes, I've dreamt of you too
    And does he know you're talking to me
    Will it start a fight
    No I don't think she has a clue

Horatio stopped a couple of feet in front of her. It all felt like a dream to him, a dream he often had. “Yelina.” Saying her name felt good.

They had ben apart for almost a year but nothing seemed to have changed between them save for a little awkwardness.

“I’m sorry,” she started, “It’s late. Your girlfriend won’t be pleased to know you’re here with me.” Yelina remained in the shadows such that Horatio could only see part of her face.

Horatio shook his head. “She doesn’t know I’m here.”

Yelina lowered her head. She gave a bitter smile. “I keep dreaming of you… the times we were together…”

“Me too.” Horatio admitted. “It’s really good to see you.”

Yelina nodded. She looked like she had something to say to him. He knew something must have happened and he pressed her for answers.

“Is Ray here with you?” he asked.

“No. Honestly, I don’t know where he is.”

Horatio felt his anger rising in him. Ray had gone back to his old ways. He had hoped Ray would have changed for the better.

“… and, he wouldn’t be happy to know I’m here with you.” Yelina continued.

Horatio knew his little brother had picked up on the tension between him and Yelina, and he hoped he would not have taken it out on her.

“Yelina, I know something’s wrong.” Horatio said, taking a step towards her. “What is it?”

Yelina stepped forward. Horatio saw what she had been trying to hide. There was an angry looking bruise, which covered her left eye...

That's all I got for now. Go easy on Ray Sr, it's Marisol I totally detest :devil:

9. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

GO EASY ON HIM???!! If he's the one who hurt Y he'd better be ready for us and H! :mad:

I'm otherwise loving the story. :lol:

10. Mera1506

Mera1506 Dead on Arrival

Nice fan fic. I love it.

11. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

EASY, EASY?! Okay i'll take it easy..

Let's lock and load!!!! *takes out bazooka, mp40's, flamethrower, grenades*

*takes the pin out and throws the nade*

No explosion? That's odd...

*runs towards the nade, before reaching it it explodes*

"She was a brave soldier, trying to protect H/Y"

( I'm immortal like Horatio btw )

What too much? :lol:

Great fic!

12. HoratioandYelina

HoratioandYelina Rookie

I'm with you Kit! Lets take him out! :devil: Then we'll head to Marisol! * sits down and begins cleaning gun* gotta be careful. :lol:

Great update! Can't wait for more! :D

13. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Well my girl's in the next room
    Sometimes I wish she was you
    I guess we never really moved on

“Ray did that.” Horatio said, a statement more than a question. The anger brimmed over inside. Anger at Ray, anger at himself. He balled his hands into fists to contain it.

Yelina shifted her gaze up to the night sky, blinking back tears. She gave a crooked grin. “I made the mistake of comparing him to you, out loud.”

Horatio bowed his head. “I do that too… compare you to Marisol….”

Yelina didn’t expect him to say that. When he had told her of him having a girlfriend, she had thought he had moved on.

“I’m sorry, I only meant for you to be happy. I thought you’d be happy to be with Ray again.” Horatio continued.

“We were happy for a short while in Rio. But…he went back to his old ways. I didn’t want you to worry for us so I told you we were doing fine there…. He’d be gone for weeks at a time again. When he came back we’d fight so I think he started to stay away more. This isn't good for Ray Jr.”

“I’m sorry,” Horatio apologized again. “I hoped Ray would have changed for the better. If I knew... I wouldn’t have made you go.”

Yelina rolled her eyes. “You couldn’t have made me go if I didn’t want to. I thought Ray and I deserved another try at our marriage, for Ray Jr’s sake… it was the right thing to do. But I keep wishing he were you.” Yelina paused.

She looked at Horatio with a smile. “You’re really hard to get out of my system you know?”

Horatio tilted his head and smiled back. The smile she remembered all too well. “You’re really hard to get out of my system too.”

It's really good to hear your voice say my name
    It sounds so sweet
    Coming from the lips of an angel
    Hearing those words it makes me weak

“I’ll go with you to Rio. Set things right with Ray.” Horatio offered.

Yelina shook her head. “If Ray knew I came to you, he’d be furious.”

“That’s why I can’t let him do this. He’s hurting you, and Ray Jr.” Horatio said. The urge to protect Yelina was still as strong as before.

“No. I can take care of myself. I can handle Ray. He only did what he did in a fit of anger. He has regretted what he did, but unfortunately his reaction to hitting me was to stay away even more from me and Ray Jr. I haven't seen in him days.”

Horatio was frustrated. He wanted to so do something to fix the situation but for once was powerless to do so.

“I’m not even sure why I came back tonight. I just knew I wanted to see you.” Yelina said.

Horatio’s heart broke to see her this way. He had always convinced himself she was happy with Ray. But it was a big lie he was telling himself. He knew she was seeking comfort from him. The only thing his confused and angry mind could come up with was to reach out to her.

“Yelina.” He said her name. He had missed saying it. He placed a hand on her cheek and with his thumb gently caressed the bruise. “I’ve missed you.”

“Horatio…” Yelina said. The sound of her saying his name made him feel weak at the knees again. “I’ve missed you too.”

"You deserve much better than this. Than Ray... than myself." Horatio said, his heart aching.

Yelina took a step towards him. They were close once again, not just physically but both realised that the emotional connection they both always had was still there. Then night air buzzed with the tension radiating from them. So close, but so many invisibale barriers still remained between them. And yet after being this frank with each other about their feelings, some of the barriers began to crumble.

'Green light' on Ray Sr and Marisol :devil:
    So you guys gonna take out anyone or what?

14. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

Oh we're definitely gonna take someone out! We just can't figure out who to go after first!

My vote is Ray Sr.! *Hops on plane to Rio, has big trouble in security check* "But officer I swear the arsenal is just for, errrrm, deer hunting' *looks innocent* :devil:

15. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I'll get us a plane and some weapons. Flamethrower anyone? :D

Great great greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat update. What can I say I just love it :)