Leno Debut Wins Ratings

CSI Files

Captain
After months of hype and anticipation, Jay Leno debuted his new primetime show this week, which NBC will air at 10:00pm ET/PT from Monday-Friday. The first episode of The Jay Leno Show pulled in 17.66 million viewers and a 5.1 rating/13 share among adults 18-49. Starting next week, Leno will get primetime competition from 10:00pm [...]

More...

I wonder how much of that audience was due to Kanye's little stunt at the VMA awards? I don't think it's a coincidence he did what he did the day before he was set to appear on Leno.

It'll be interesting to see what happens once the new seasons of the CSI shows start.

Yeah. I figured the show would do really well right out of the gate simply because it's been so talked about and so hyped for months now. The real test will be when it's up against new episodes of primetime dramas week after week.

My guess is that weeks when he has big-name guests (or when there are repeats on other channels), he'll do better, but the numbers against a new episode of Miami probably won't be quite this high. Who knows, though - it might be. Some people would rather watch 'topical' content like Jay (as several publications have phrased it) and check out CSI:NY on their DVR over the weekend or something.

Well, for me being a huge Leno fan, no problem that's what recording is all about, if something else is opposite him, tape or record which one, you want. He pulled in a huge audience last night and it was hilarious, from beginning to end, [I even started a thread on him] except for the really serious Kayne West mess, other wise great debut:thumbsup:I'm thrilled he's back and on earlier;)

Back