Lenkov Revives 'Hawaii Five-O'

CSI Files

Captain
CSI: New York executive producer Peter Lenkov teamed up with Star Trek writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci to come up with a new take on the classic series Hawaii Five-O. They pitched their idea to CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler, who gave them the go-ahead. The trio are working on a story for the [...]

More...

For the sake of CSI: NY, I hope not! But it's entirely possible. Either way, it's cool news! I loved the Star Trek film, I love Lenkov's episodes of CSI: NY... this sounds like a dream team to me. :cool:

What is the deal with redoing old tv shows lately? :lol: Although Hawaii 5-0 probably wouldn't be bad (never saw the original, I think I was probably too young at the time or else it was on before I was born), but remaking 90210 and Melrose Place (especially the latter) is just pointless in my opinion. I quite watching both of those original shows after a while. I watched 90210 for a long time, but then everyone kept leaving and I thought what's the point. :lol: And Melrose, well I quit watching it because I got sick of the "everyone switching partners like they change their underwear" stuff. :lol: But, Hawaii 5-0 might be a good show depending on who they get in the lead roles.

I loved that show! But whatever way they retool it, they have to keep the original theme tune! Wouldn't be the same without it!

Found some more information (from Entertainment Weekly), that indicates that if the show gets picked up, Lenkov would become showrunner.

Fringe creators Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are teaming up with CSI:NY exec producer Peter Lenkov to develop and co-write a pilot that will relaunch ’70s cop show Hawaii Five-O for CBS. Lenkov will be showrunner if the series gets picked up. The original series starred Jack Lord, and ran from 1968-80.

Link

What is the deal with redoing old tv shows lately?
I think Hollyweird has run out of ideas. At least they are not calling it CSI: Honolulu or NCIS: Oahu. Maybe they can have a cameo on any surviving cast members of the original, like James MacArthur (Danny Williams), Al Harrington (Ben Kokua), Glenn Cannon (John Manicote), William Smith (James Kimo Carew). Unfortunately, most of the main stars have passed away. I have ideas for the lead role, but probably will wait for a thread in General Media.

Back