Lenkov: I Just Wanted To Entertain

CSI Files

Captain
If at first you don't succeed...<p>As a Communications Studies student at Montreal's Concordia University in the 1980s, <font color=yellow>Peter Lenkov</font> didn't feel like he fit in. "All the other kids were talking about how they wanted to make a difference, and I knew I just wanted to entertain," Lenkov said in a phone interview with the <A class="link" HREF="http://cjournal.concordia.ca/index.php">Concordia Journal</a>. While recently flipping through some scripts he wrote as a student, the <I>CSI: New York</I> executive producer came across some disparaging comments from a professor. "She wrote a three-page letter and she absolutely hated it," he explained. "She said it was fluff and had no social significance."<p>Lenkov said the letter helped him make up his mind. "It gave me so much insight into who I was," he said. "I realized I wanted to write entertainment." He left Concordia before he graduated and headed to Los Angeles, where he tried to get a script into the hands of a producer. After multiple rejections, Lenkov ended up in the elevator with the latest producer that had rejected his script. "She turned to me and said, 'you really should pursue this, you have talent,'" he explained.<p>With that encouragement, Lenkov decided to move to Los Angeles. "I had no idea what I was getting into," he said. Since then, Lenkov has worked on a number of shows, films and even comic books. "I love my job, I get to write every day," he said. "This is what I dreamed of as a kid, I would do it for free."<p>The original interview is from the <A class="link" HREF="http://cjournal.concordia.ca/archives/20081106/finding_his_own_way_peter_lenkov.php">Concordia Journal</a>.<center></center>

"I love my job, I get to write every day," he said. "This is what I dreamed of as a kid, I would do it for free."
That's obvious Peter :D I'm proud to say i watched his job when he was younger. He really liked payed attention to fans (I mean our request) and his episodes couldn't be ignored when he worked in La Femme Nikita.
I remember the "lenkov effect" right back in 24 too. His job is great despite of i am not convinced by certain decition they took on CSI NY ;)

Also i have watched some episodes of "The District" but i don't remember if i got the episodes written by Pam Veasey and peter together or Pam's

Anyway Peter's job is worth watching :D

Debbs

I think he's awesome. He's written some of my favorite episodes of CSI: NY ("Trapped," "Snow Day") and I love that he and Pam Veasey are delving more into the characters' lives in CSI: NY. There's nothing wrong with wanting to write to entertain people, and frankly, Peter Lenkov does a damn good job of it. :D

Back