Legal Question

Calihan

Captain
I had a legal question for ya'll. In school the other day a teacher of mine recomended that I use limewire for music. I figured a teacher would probably be very honest but now I'm not so sure, which is why I'm asking you. I read the legal agreement and from what I understood they say if you use the stuff for your own personal use it's legal but otherwise it isn't legal. If it is legal I'm getting rid of everything from my computer asapp.

Limewire is fairly legel..My daddy used it and he never got in trouble, but if you want something even better use All of Mp3. My daddy uses it now and it is entirly legel.

All right thanks, and based on what I said did I understand the legal agreement right, that if it's for your own use it's legal but otherwise no.

Limewire is totally strange for me but if you go and read "copyright" section there it says

"LimeWire is legal software, but it is illegal for you to use LimeWire to share copyrighted files without permission."

Just like all the P2P programmes are legal but the content is mostly illegal.

All music made by artists are copyrighted material and it's illegal to download from internet - unless they've created it just to be published online. And even then, sometimes getting it from the different sources than artist's website is considered as "illegal" or putting it up to your site for people to download may be illegal.

Back