~Least Favourite/ Favourite Episodes Thread - Per Season~

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

As we all seemed to enjoy voting in the 'Miami's Ultimate Episode' Thread, we thought we would set up another poll orientated thread to discuss our favourite and least favourite episodes per Season.

You may vote for up to 8 episodes. You don't have to vote for this many if you don't want to. For example, I loved Season 2 and can't think of as many as 8 episodes that I wasn't so keen on. So, I may only vote for a couple in the 'least favourite' poll, but I will easily find 8 favourites in the 'favourite' poll.

We're hoping that you will share your views about why you've chosen these episodes.

We'll start with Season 1 and we'll leave each Season up for a week. Next weekend, we'll set up Season 2 etc. Any questions, just ask away. ;)

The 'Least Favourite' poll is first btw.

Season 1 Poll

2. jlinn

jlinn Hit and Run

it's kinda hard to say ones i don't like, i really liked them all but the ones i chose was just not as good to me as the others.

3. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Least favourite: A Horrible Mind :(

Favourites: Broken
    Slaughterhouse
    Kill Zone
    Entrance Wound
    Dead Woman Walking
    Dispo Day
    Tinder Box
    Body Count :D

4. SwanSwan_H

SwanSwan_H Police Officer

I wasn't so fond of the Megan episodes and much preferred the latter half of Season One. :)

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

My least favorite episodes are as followed:

Body Count
    Double Cap
    Breathless

I chose 'Body Count' first because, it's my least favorite of all to start with. Even though I believe that the case presented in the episode was original, interesting, some excellent character development, and a great continuation to 'Broken', I felt that the episode was lacking in a few areas for it be be a successful finale to a relatively new show at the time.

One point that was a turnoff for the episode was the amount of screentime given to each actor. As you all know, Horatio and Calleigh had a fair bit more screentime as the rest of the case for various reasons. Horatio's old nemises Stuart was evading him once again, and so a lot of the episode was directed at Horatio's drive to find him. For Calleigh, there was almost a sub-plot for her character. Hank Kerner escaped from jail and was intent on killing anyone who helped put him away. Calleigh was on that list, and it was up to her to stop him-which she did.

As for the Eric Delko and Tim Speedle, very little was given to them on their part. They were both only predominately at the beginning of the episode and, short spurts about twenty five minutes in. Even so, Delko was given a little more action when he was out with Horatio searching for the little girl (with the search dogs) and Speedle was forgotten until the end of the episode. Personally, it made me a little curious as to why they only left out one cast member.

Near the middle to end of the episode, the fast-paced way the writers had started the episode began to flatten out a little and slow down. Stuart's case was almost taking a back seat to the Kerner part of the episode, making the case A, into the case B. So it took away from the quality of the episode right there. Especially since I found the 'Kerner' part of the episode flat and a little boring anyhow.

The ending to that episode was alright. I would have liked to see the team together like we did in 'Innocent', but this time we saw them apart kind of the same way as 'Golden Parachute'. All in all, a good episode but it was my least favorite for the reasons stated above.

I chose 'Double Cap' for another one of my least favorite episodes. The reason I chose this episode because it was, in my opinion very boring. It started out great, but then it quickly turned political and I just find those kinds of episodes almost a chore to watch. It was one of those episodes where there was no case B, and frankly there should have been one to save the episode-unlike in Body Count where the first plot was very strong and could have held it's own without the case B.

Double Cap was also one of those episode which didn't feature the entire case throughout the episode. Horatio was shown a lot more than anyone else, and that's also kind of turnoff to me-not because it's just Horatio but because I like to see everyone and not just one face for 42 and half minutes. I'm also not very fond of Hagen, who was also in the episode a lot. *thumbs down* I really don't like that guy. :p

I thought the plot for this episode was alright, but not that interesting. It couldn't hold my attention for the whole 40 minutes and that's not an episode I'd want to remember.

Lastly, I chose 'Breathless' as one of my least favorite episodes. It was a good idea to have a 'cupcake' party episode and I'm sure the writers had fun with that idea, but it seemed...Wrong to me. Neither the case A or case B could hold their own, and they were both boring in most parts than interesting.

The case B, in which Eric and Megan worked on seemed like it was put together in five minutes to make the episode longer because the writers didn't know what to do for the case A. The case B wasn't original, and the dynamic between Eric and Megan just wasn't there. (IMO)

So there are my reasons why these three episodes were my least favorite. And just to reiterate, it's just my opinion. :)

My favorite episodes from season one were:

Grave Young Men
    Dispo Day
    Golden Parachute
    Ashes to Ashes
    Tinder Box
    A Horrible Mind
    Slaughterhouse
    Kill Zone

:)

6. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

I loved 'Body Count' but you make some great points speed_cochrane. :)

I wish I could remember the episodes more clearly. I know the Yelina episodes very well and Dead Woman Walking. Some of the others are a bit vague in my mind now because I haven't seen them for so long. I tend to skip the Megan episodes these days! ;)

My least favourites were (these I remembered!):

A Horrible Mind
    Breathless
    Golden Parachute
    Camp Fear

My favourites:

Dead Woman Walking
    Simple Man
    Dispo Day
    Double Cap
    Spring Break
    Grave Young Men
    Freaks And Tweaks
    Body Count (my favourite Season finale so far)

7. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

Least Favorites:

Broken -- The episode has bothered me from the first time I saw it.

Slaughter House
    Losing Face
    Just one Kiss

My favorites:

Golden Parachute
    Wet-foot/Dry-foot
    Kill Zone
    Camp Fear
    Dispo Day
    Spring Break
    Tinder Box
    Freaks and Tweaks -- This is definately my favorite episode of season 1.

8. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I really can't say one way or another, except I didn't care much for the ones with Kim Delaney in.

9. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I liked the show when Kim Delaney starred in it, but somehow she just didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the cast.

10. polina

polina Rookie

well I `ve been watching the first season of Miami so till now I really like "Simple man" Kill Zone, Spring Break, Dead Woman Walking, Grave Young Men, Double Cap

"Dispo day" is kinda funny (with Calleigh on drugs)

11. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Re: ~Least Favourite/ Favourite Episodes Thread - Per Season

Least Favourite:

Breathless
    Forced Entry
    Bunk
    Entrance Wound
    Camp Fear
    Evidence of Things Unseen
    Double Cap
    A Horrible Mind

All episodes were so boring :/

Favourite ones:
    Losing Face
    Dead Woman Walking
    Freaks and Tweaks
    Body Count
    Broken
    Dispo Day
    Grave Young Men
    Simple Man

Losing Face, Dead Woman Walking, Body Count and Dispo Day being my all time faves. If we only had such an episodes on season 4 :(

12. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

Here's my list.

Least favourites:

Losing Face
    Wet Foot/Dry Foot
    Breathless
    Kill Zone
    A Horrible Mind
    Entrance Wound
    Bunk
    Simple Man

Favourites:

Just One Kiss
    Dead Woman Walking
    Dispo Day
    Double Cap
    Grave Young Men
    Spring Break
    Freaks & Tweaks
    Body Count

Hard to see which part of the season I enjoyed most...;)

13. polina

polina Rookie

And I really like the scene almost at the end of “Double Cap”:

“YELINA SALAS: Security guard's wife is going to want to thank you.
    HORATIO: Well, we did it together.
    YELINA SALAS: Horatio?
    (He looks at her. She smiles.)
    YELINA SALAS: Thanks.”

I really like them working together, I so missed those times.

14. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Time for a poll change. Before we do that, here are the favourite/least favourite Season 1 episodes:

Favourites:

1st Dispo Day
    2nd Body Count
    3rd Spring Break
    4th Dead Woman Walking/Broken

Least Favourite:

1st Just One Kiss
    2nd Breathless
    3rd A Horrible Mind
    4th Camp Fear[/b]

Moving on now to Season 2. I'll post the 'Favourite' episodes poll first this time. I meant to do that last time, but made an error! ;)

You may vote for up to 8 episodes.

Here we go.....

15. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

as i see a lot guys do like me in the first poll. i just can`t say what is my least favourite epis from Season 1 - 3. but when come time for voting over S4 epis...:devil:... i want to choose not 8 but from 25 of my least favourite hehe