Kyle Gallner/Reed Garret Thread #1

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by cSiNyFrEaK30, May 15, 2008.

1. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

So there wasn't a thread already, so I figured I'd start one :)

I liked Reed Garret before I saw Taxi, but this episode really showed me how amazing the character of Reed Garret is,and how great a job Kyle Gallner does in portraying him. I hope this isn't the last we see of Reed, and I hope he comes back in later episodes!

2. enitx

enitx Victim

Here here! I hope he comes back again also. But with our luck he will be put on the back burner. oh well I hope not.

3. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

i love kyle(since he was on veronica mars) hes a great actor and i too hope that they kep bringing him back, hes awesome.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

It was nice to see them bring him back this season (there's always the possibility that they would have chucked him into the black hole of continuity after S3). I wasn't entirely pleased with his attitude these past few episodes, but I think it was a means to an end and, of course, he and Mac connected in the end. *hug*

I definitely hope they can get Kyle back next season and have more episodes with Reed. He and Mac are so good together. :)

5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Hurray! A Reed thread :D

Nice little scene between him and Mac tonight. Very cute. I hope he'll be back next season. It would be a shame if he were just forgotten... but you know how these things go...

6. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I think Kyle Gallner does a superb job as Reed, and I join the list of those hoping to see more of him! Reed and Mac have a great relationship, it has been interesting to see it evolving in a pretty realistic fashion. They definitely have potential to bring out the best in eachother. They haven't necessarily done that yet, but they're heading in that direction, after tonight.

7. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

It's a bout time someone made a Reed thread :D

8. cSiNyFrEaK30

The final scenes with the two of them together and their cab ride at the end was amazing-even without saying a word they were perfect together.

And i loved Reed using Claire's name to get Mac's attention in the blog...they are both each other's only connection to Claire now, and I hope the writers choose to explore that route. That beach ball in Mac's closet with Claire's breath still inside-no one has seen or known about that besides Mac-Reed is the only person who would be able to connect with it the same way. It would be a wonderful scene to bring both of them together again, exploring the kind of person and relationship Claire was and had with Mac.

9. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Yep, it was quite wise of our young headstrong lad to use the name "Claire" in his blog... he definitely got Mac's immediate attention, allowing him to drop further clues, all unbeknownst to the killer. :) If it hadn't been for using Claire's name, Mac and Stella might not have so quickly realised he was dropping the clues.

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

As everyone has already said, Reed is great. And I think Kyle Gallner's performance in 'Taxi' was pretty awesome. I thought I'd share these two screencaps, as I really think the relationship between Reed and Mac is pretty special.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I adore their relationship. But I think their relationship sometimes drifts into a brotherly relationship rather than father/son.....and I think that the second screencap portrays the idea very well. Anyone else agree?

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Thanks, Elsie!

I was impressed how Kyle Gallner was able to convey so much at the end without speaking a word. He's a wonderful character who humanizes Mac in a way no other character can.

13. Wolf359

Wolf359 Victim

I like Reed as well. The relationship between him and Mac is great. Kyle Gallner and Gary Sinise shine in their scenes together. I hope Reed comes back in Season 5.

14. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Finaly his own thread! a long- time deserved! Love him. I love the special dynamic between them. As i said one they are father and son beyond the fact the don't have the sae blood

Hopefully he will return next season!!!!!!!!

Debbie

15. cSiNyFrEaK30

Kyle Gallner was amazing in that scene. The depth of emotion in his eyes during the scenes when he wasn't able to talk was clear and real-he really does bring out Mac's human side, whether Mac likes it or not:)

And I love the way Reed's and Mac's heads are both tilted the same way in the second pic...reminds me of the scene in Forrest Gump when Tom Hanks and Haley Joel Osment both tilt their heads the same exact way when they're watching cartoons:lol: