Kanakaredes Will Get A 'Noble Exit' From 'New York'

CSI Files

Captain
As CSI Files previously reported, Melina Kanakaredes (Stella Bonasera) will not return to CSI: New York for season seven. Details of the character’s “noble” exit from the series have now been revealed. Spoilers after the jump! She may not be working with Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise) in the New York Crime Lab any more, but Stella [...]

More...

They didn't have a whole lot of options since Melina wasn't coming back, so I'm glad they went with 'hey, she moved away' instead of 'hey, she died' or 'hey, we don't really know what happened to her, she disappeared under ~mysterious circumstances'. It ensures that she still 'lives' in the show's universe (if that makes sense) but doesn't cause angst for anybody else.

So I can deal with it. ;)

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how Sela meshes with the rest of the cast. :D

Re: Kanakaredes Will Get A ?Noble Exit? From ?New York?

finally some good news ... seems common sense has found it's way to tptb ;) well I hope this noble exit thing will pass on to the city of Vegas for explaining the absence of Wendy ....

well I hope this noble exit thing will pass on to the city of Vegas for explaining the absence of Wendy ...
I'm kind of hoping they'll say Wendy moved to a different shift* so she and Hodges could date - that way, they could mention her from time to time and not have her fall into the Black Hole of Continuity...

* didn't they say something like that would have to happen if they wanted to have a relationship? I don't remember exactly what it was...

* didn't they say something like that would have to happen if they wanted to have a relationship? I don't remember exactly what it was...

They did indeed mentioned something about changing shifts in Space Oddity.. but with the
"Black Hole of Continuity"
you'll never know ... (I think your description should be used for a movie with all the vanished CSI characters :lol:)

on topic... I guess with Stella's career move the answer on the city if there should be a fourth CSI spin off is given

I am a huge fan of Melina Kanakaredes and her character Stella. I was, to put it lightly, dismayed when I found out she was leaving. For the past little while I've been just trying to figure out how they were going to spin her exit in my mind. The shippy part of me was wanting something emotional and heartfelt. The realistic side of me was saying they were going to kill her. This has put me at ease.

I am happy with this exit. I feel that this is a decent exit for Stella. They aren't killing the character, but are instead promoting her and moving her to a city in need. I feel that is very much in character for Stella. It does still suck that Melina won't be coming back to film an exit, but by giving her an exit that is decent and in character is all I could ever ask for.

It may not necessarily guarantee that I may be sitting in front of the television come 9/24 but hearing that they won't kill Stella off really makes me feel much, much better. It doesn't change a thing about how upset I am at Melina leaving the show (Hopefully the boomerang effect will kick in *snickers*) but at least knowing that Stella lives is a HUGE relief to me.

Both Aiden and Jessica's deaths were almost unbearable to watch and I'm glad that tptb showed a rare scale of good judgement to not kill Stella off.

Well,is better then what they did to Aiden and Angell.Stella is always willing to help so New Orleans makes sense and is a step ahead being the chief.But NY still needs her.

Great news! It's never too late to do good and make the fans happy. But still, this won't hide the fact that they made a stupid decision of killing the tough and smart Det. Angell! I can somehow accept Aiden's death because it's Vanessa's decision to leave the show.

Back