K.I.T.T. Returns: New Knight Rider

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Dynamo1, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

In Hollyweird's usual pattern to take old TV series and movies and remake them, NBC is about to air a new Knight Rider pilot on Sunday, February 17, at 9:00 PM (Eastern). It stars Justin Bruening (All My Children) as Mike Traceur, son of Michael Knight, and Will Arnett (Arrested Development) as the voice of K.I.T.T. (the Knight Industries Three Thousand). Also stars Sydney Tamiia Poitier as Carrie Ruvai, a tough FBI agent; she is the daughter of great actor Sidney Poitier. Also Deanna Russo stars as Sarah Graiman, the childhood best friend and one-time girlfriend of Mike Tracer. And some guy named Hasselhoff makes a special guest-star appearance.

Now the bad news... For the car, they are using a Ford (sorry to use the F word) Mustang Shelby GT500KR instead of a Trans Am.

Check your local listings for time and channel in your area. And as usual, networks and local stations (mistakenly) have the right to change schedules at the last minute without notice.

Official NBC website for the movie is at http://www.nbc.com/Knight_Rider/

2. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

OMG!!! I used to watch Knight Rider all the time. The guest in question, would be David Hasselhoff, he was the original Knight Rider, who was the star of Baywatch.

I may watch the first epi, just to see if it lives up to the original.

Thanks for the info ;)

Edit: Sorry, just misread your post ;),

3. Dynamo1

It was no question. I was a fan of the original, and I figured all other fans would know that.

I got to see the 1991 TV movie "Knight Rider 2000" which was okay but not great. But I won't even discuss the "Knight Rider 2010" series. If any of you want to, go ahead without me.

[​IMG]

4. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Yes I too watched the original and loved it. Always wanted a car like that. And wasn't the voice of the original car Mr.Feeney from Boy Meets World (forget his real name)?

I will watch to see what this is going to be like and I also like Justin Bruening (watched him on AMC).

5. Dynamo1

Yes, the original voice of KITT was William Daniels, who played George Feeny on BMW, Dr. Craig on St. Elsewhere, John Adams in the movie and stage play 1776, and has been acting since the 1950's. He turns 81 next month.

6. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I remember watch that old show with David Hasselhoff and I didn't know William Daniels was the voice of the Kitts and I know him when he played Mr. Feeney.

It going to be a movie, not orignal tv show.

7. Dynamo1

From TV Guide online:

Gob out, Batman in as Knight Rider's KITT

"Michael, call our lawyers.... "

Will Arnett has been replaced as the voice of KITT in NBC's soon-to-premiere Knight Rider TV-movie/backdoor pilot. According to Variety, though Arnett had already recorded what I am sure was some deliciously dry dialogue, it came to light that because the Arrested Development alum has done voice-over work for General Motors — and KITT is "played" by a Ford Mustang — he'd have to graciously bow out.

Val Kilmer instead will lend his pipes to the shape-shifting upgraded supercar.

[​IMG]

In my opinion, they should have kept the voice of Kitt and replace the F*** Mustang with a Trans Am.

8. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

^^Agreed.

I thought I'd bump this thread, and see if anyone's watching the series now that it's on? I caught the first one, and it's... interesting. Definitely different than what I saw when I was younger... :lol:

It's not as bad as I thoguth it would be, though.

9. Dynamo1

It seems better than the pilot film. For those who missed the first two episodes, they can be seen legally at hulu.com, a website set up by NBC and Fox networks. And, if interested, they have a 47 second timelapse video of the KITT Cave being constructed on the studio set.

It would still be good to see William Daniels in a guest role, even if not supplying the voice of the new KITT.

10. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I for one used to watch the old show but I was little at the time and probably didn't get what was going on. So I guess in a way this is new. I kinda like it but still on the fence about it.

11. Dynamo1

From TV Guide online:

Knight Rider is changing gears for the back half of the season.

Recently granted a full season by NBC, the drama is now out to finish its freshman year on a high by undergoing a major reboot. Rider is set to dump three regulars — Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Yancey Arias and Bruce Davison — after the initial 13 episodes and will revamp the show to draw more parallels to its '80s original, The Hollywood Reporter reports.

"It's a reboot," Gary Scott Thompson, executive producer/showrunner, said. "We're moving away from the terrorist-of-the-week formula and closer to the original, making it a show about a man and his car going out and helping more regular people, everymen."

Currently registering modest ratings, the "new" (and maybe improved) Rider will kick off as a two-parter in January behind an NFL Sunday night football game in an effort to buoy its ratings. The second part will air the following Wednesday.

Despite the departure of three stars, which Thompson says was only a result of a change in creative direction, there are no plans to add new regulars. Instead, the show will focus on the remaining characters — Mike (Justin Bruening), Sarah (Deanna Russo), Billy (Paul Campbell), Zoe (Smith Cho) and KITT — and will look into stunt guest casting.

Does this mean we should make way for The Hoff?

12. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Hmm... that'd be interesting to see if The Hoff comes back. I look forward to the rest of the season... I liked the old show. :D