jPod

Hankster

Coroner
Anyone found this great series on CBC? I am SO GLAD that I have had my Grey Market Satellite Dish so I can watch Canadian TV shows with new eps during the writers strike in the US. jPod is based upon the book of the same title by Douglas Coupland. If you saw the movie "Everything's Gone Green", it is a variation on that same book by the same author.
The show revolves around several eccentric characters that work for the fictitious Neotronic Arts Videogame company based in Vancouver BC. The group of coders that work together are charged with creating a skateboard videogame called BoardX, whose development is largely being influenced by a Marketing Consultant with issues surrouding his son and his divorce.

The show stars Alan Thicke, the hot and absolutely funny Steph Song, and David Kopp.

The central character is Ethan Jarlewski, played by David Kopp. Ethan is the voice of sanity and reason in an otherwise insane and unreasonable world.

I've been burning DVDs of the show to keep onhand and copy to share with fellow Coupland fans in the US. This show is AWESOME and really needs more exposure.

I like the show because it's like "The Office" for the younger end of Generation X. Plus, the author takes great pains to lampoon Videogame companies, corporate North America, the Global Economy, sex and interoffice relationships. On a recent episode, Nana Vistor played a really nasty biatch of a woman who owned the copyright to "Happy Birthday to You"--one of the most litigious women on the planet in fact. The jPodsters manage to get a comeuppance on her in the end though! :devil: :lol: :D

I especially like Alan Thicke's role as Ethan's dad-Jim Jarlewski-who is like the evil twin of Jason Seaver from "Growing Pains." Sherry Miller as Carol Jarlewski--Ethan's mom is like a cross between Maggie Seaver, June Cleaver and Sarah Conner--all while running a Marijuana grow-op in her basement. This show REALLY needs to get picked up by Comedy Central, TBS or Tribune here in the US. It would be better for late night TV due to the adult humour and drug references, but still, it is HILARIOUS and I hope it gets a good run on the CBC!!!

Fans that have seen the show online or on CBC if you live in Canada or have a Grey Market Dish can discuss here.

http://www.jpod.info/

http://www.tv.com/jpod/show/74586/summary.html?tag=tabs;summary

Hankster said:
It would be better for late night TV due to the adult humour and drug references, but still, it is HILARIOUS and I hope it gets a good run on the CBC!!!

yeah, were really lax on what is allowed on tv after 9 pm here in canada :lol: cbc even plays the tudors uncensored at 9!

i hadnt heard about this show, but ill check it out. especially since we still have a long way to go til new shows come out. thanks Hankster!

Back