Josh Berman Leaves 'CSI' For 'Vanished'

CSI Files

Captain
After years on the CSI set, executive producer <font color=yellow>Josh Berman</font> announced he's ready to bid farewell to the series.

Berman had signed a contract that tied him to CSI through the 2006-2007 season, but he negotiated a release so he can cross over to Fox and serve as full time executive producer to the new series Vanished.

"It's hard to say goodbye to CSI, but I'm proud of the Vanished pilot and excited to be a part of the series," Berman said.

Vanished, which is Berman's own creation, revolves around Sara Collins, a senator's wife who goes missing as part of a larger conspiracy. The story behind her disappearance unfolds throughout the season. The series will air on Mondays at 9 p.m.

Berman has been with CSI since the show's birth, but has been able to produce other projects while serving for the show. He created Killer Instinct for Fox last season as part of a four year deal with the network that will allow him to create and produce shows. He will now be able to work for Fox full time. No word yet on who will replace him at CSI.

Visit Daily Variety to read the original article. Thanks to <font color=yellow>Al Forno</font> for this.<center></center>

:eek: You've got to be kidding me.

Well, that's final then. CSI is going down the pooper. (Eh maybe not but I liked Josh Berman}

Well, what has he done lately? Has he been involved in the writing or direction at all? I honestly think I'd be more bummed if his brother left! :p

Not that his episodes were my favourites, but I stillt think it's a shame that one of CSI's core writers is leaving. But I can understand his decision to 'make promotion'.

I know Josh! (well, I met him and spent the day on the CSI set with him) and when I heard this I was shocked! :eek: I loved his scripts, I always thought he wrote fascinating scripts and they were always in-depth. It will honestly be a piece of the show missing without him.

On the otherhand, his show on FOX before 'Vanished' (Killer Instinct) was a dud so maybe this will be a regret for Josh. :rolleyes:

Wow. It's like we're being abandoned or something. But then again, since Season Six kinda sucked (hurts to admit it, but it did), I don't blame him for leaving.

Wish him the best of luck...

Looks like we'll be saying goodbye to Super Dave. Oh well. I wish him luck, and I wish CSI luck, too.

I don't think he's leaving...

It's the second pilot season for Berman at Fox, where last year he created this fall's short-lived drama "Killer Instinct."

Berman continues to serve as exec producer of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation."

That is from here

Back